A full name with the nickname "Rocky".

Hey, hey! Writing a fantasy series, and one of the heroes has the nickname “Rok”. I don’t know where it came from, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I created the character, like, ten years ago. (And, actually, the full name I immediately thought of was “Rokford”. Hate it! But I like “Rok” as something kinda solid and hunky, maybe a little mischievous!) Now that I’m starting to focus on this story exclusively, it’s time for a name overhaul. Help!

Can I get some good names that Rok, [name]Rock[/name] or [name]Rocky[/name] would be nice nicknames for? Is there any good ideas for expounding upon or expanding the name “Rokford”? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

JLH

[name]Rocco[/name]

[name]Rockwell[/name] :slight_smile: Similar to [name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Bramwell[/name] so it seems more name-y then Rockford to my ears, plus Rockford reminds me of cheese (Roquefort)…

Ooh, [name]Rockwell[/name]. Now why did I think of that??

I agree that Rokford sounds stagnant and, frankly, stupid. [name]Glad[/name] I asked, though!

And [name]Rocco[/name] works for a nickname as well. I will use it in conjunction with Rok (but I’ll spell it “Rokko”).

Thanks, all! More suggestions, if you got 'em!

JLH

Adding [name]Roderick[/name] and [name]Broderick[/name] as possibles, but those are more of a stretch…
I’m also very reminded of [name]Roarke[/name], which I love!