a good name for a poodle

what is a good name for a little white poodle?

If I had a little white poodle, I’d consider: [name]Polly[/name], [name]Bianca[/name], [name]Lola[/name] (Ha! it’s my nickname!) or possible [name]Fiona[/name] (just seems poodle-ish to me).

I would definitely avoid the stereotypical [name]Fifi[/name]/[name]Lulu[/name]/[name]Mimi[/name] things, though! They’re expected and I hate doing what’s expected! :smiley:

Is is a boy or a girl?

girls
love [name]Lola[/name]'s ideas, plus:
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name] -I couldn’t help it. I would nickname her [name]Coco[/name] if I named her [name]Colette[/name] or [name]Cosette[/name].
[name]Fanny[/name] -Sassy! Actually Sassy would be a cute name, too.
[name]Frankie[/name] -sounds kind of French.
[name]Francine[/name] nn [name]Francie[/name]
[name]Sammie[/name]
[name]Tilly[/name], short for [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name] or [name]Posey[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] nn [name]Pearlie[/name] -so pretty!
[name]Luna[/name] -a very popular pet name, I think. So maybe you don’t want to use it.
[name]Skipper[/name] -what I might name my next pet.
[name]Sailor[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] nn [name]Dottie[/name]
Yaya -see note below
[name]Roxanne[/name] nn [name]Roxie[/name] -my dog’s name. Very popular name for pets in [name]California[/name]. I didn’t know that when we named her.
[name]Ginger[/name] -I love this name, but some people like my husband don’t like it.
[name]Harriet[/name] nn [name]Hattie[/name]. Very cute!
[name]Yvette[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name]
Pixie -I really love this. Hate to admit it, but I also love [name]Trixie[/name]! Kind of trite, huh? But trite can be cool if it’s trite from the '50’s.
Of all these I think I might pick [name]Dottie[/name] or [name]Hattie[/name]!

boys
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Ace[/name] -great name if he’s a little tuffy.
[name]Tex[/name] -Ditto, another tuffy name.
[name]Ike[/name] -ditto nn [name]Ikie[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] -ditto
[name]Dewey[/name]! -This is my nickname for my kitty [name]Moses[/name] nn [name]Mosie[/name] and Mokie. I love [name]Dewey[/name] so much! I also call him Yaya and [name]Baby[/name].
Yaya -is so fun to say!
[name]Jin[/name] [name]Jin[/name] -[name]Jeanie[/name]'s dog in “I [name]Dream[/name] of [name]Jeanie[/name]” He was a little monster!
Tuffy -my husband loves this name for little dogs.
[name]Monty[/name]
[name]Rollo[/name]
[name]Rolo[/name] -like the candy.
Puffy -I think this is funny! Puff Daddy.
[name]Moby[/name]-so ironic, a white poodle named after a white whale!
[name]Dover[/name], the white cliffs of…
[name]Pietro[/name] -a little circus poodle.
I’d pick [name]Quincy[/name] or [name]Moby[/name], I think. [name]Rolo[/name] and [name]Rollo[/name] are so much fun and could be nicknames for [name]Roland[/name].
Can you tell I love to name pets?

when i was little we used to have a poodle named [name]Bambi[/name] (like the disney character)

my parents have a poodle mix named [name]Posey[/name], at first we thought she was a boy and her name was [name]Mac[/name]. If I got a white poodle I’d name it [name]Pepper[/name]… i like irony!

That’s really cute! I love poodles. I have two rhinestone poodle brooches and sometimes I wear them both at the same time. The reason I have two is I thought I lost one so I ordered the other off of Ebay. Then I found the one that was missing.

That’s really cute! I love poodles. I have two rhinestone poodle brooches and sometimes I wear them both at the same time. The reason I have two is I thought I lost one so I ordered the other off of Ebay. Then I found the one that was missing.[/quote]

I thought of three more poodle names:
[name]Zsa[/name] [name]Zsa[/name] (girl) elegant!
[name]Louie[/name] (boy) royal…
Curly (unisex) -I think Curly is a really fun name for a poodle!

[name]Lyndsey[/name], I love the [name]Pepper[/name] idea! :slight_smile: I love to find humor in doggy names, too. I think it’s great, for example, how [name]David[/name] Letterman’s dogs were named [name]Stan[/name] and [name]Bob[/name].

I love to give quirky or nerdy names to dogs, as I find it so endearing and unexpected.

[name]Nigel[/name]
[name]Willard[/name]
[name]Wendell[/name]
[name]Norbert[/name]
[name]Sherman[/name]
[name]Stanley[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]

[name]Posey[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Myrtle[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]