A Hypothetical Little Co-Pilot

If you know me offline, no you don’t, lol.

We’re discussing/planning TTC in the upcoming months and I’m almost positive that number 2 will also be a boy. I’m pretty well set on one name in particular but S/O isn’t convinced (and likely won’t be one way or the other until there’s an actual one on the way to name), so I’m toying around with my options.

We want to keep the M middle name thing going, most likely with [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] (also ties in the old-Hollywood connection with [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] via [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] Clift) or [name_m]Miles[/name_m] (S/O’s pick from when we had [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] - he really, really wanted to name him after [name_m]Miles[/name_m] Teller).

Which of these names do you;
a) like best with big bro. [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] M@ckenzie
and b) like best with either [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] or [name_m]Miles[/name_m] as a middle name?

list
  • [name_m]Ranger[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Denver[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Dallas[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Hayes[/name_m] (too close to Haley?)
  • [name_m]Beau[/name_m] / [name_m]Beauden[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Sutter[/name_m] (current top pick, also gives S/O a [name_m]Miles[/name_m] Teller nod) / [name_f]Sutton[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Sawyer[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Whittaker[/name_m] / [name_m]Whit[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Gentry[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Rawlings[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Landry[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Houston[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Wrangler[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] (we’re a Top [name_m]Gun[/name_m] obsessed household, what can I say?)
  • [name_m]Baylor[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Bingham[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Bridger[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Briggs[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Callahan[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Canyon[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Clayton[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Colter[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Destry[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Granger[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Lawson[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Tate[/name_m] / [name_f]Tatum[/name_f] (potentially being ruled out depending on what name is chosen by SIL)
  • [name_m]Locke[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Oakley[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Remington[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Stetson[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Walker[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Waylon[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Wells[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ford[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Clark[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Boone[/name_m] (still trying to win S/O on this too)
  • [name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Kennedy[/name_f] (too much kenergy with big bro’s middle?)
  • [name_m]Bradley[/name_m] (again, Top [name_m]Gun[/name_m]. And [name_m]Miles[/name_m] Teller, technically)
  • [name_m]Crew[/name_m]

Thanks!

4 Likes

I really like Beau, Callahan and Wells with Rhett. I think they have a classic cowboy vibe, very cool and timeless.

2 Likes

From your picks, my favorites with R/hett M/ackenzie are:

• [name_m]Beau[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Sawyer[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] / [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Baylor[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Canyon[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Clayton[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] / [name_m]Clayton[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
    • (Clay wasn’t on your list, but I think it would work great with Rhett)
  • [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] / [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Tate[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Tatum[/name_f] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Walker[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] / [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Boone[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Bradley[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]

(I also like the place names on your list with R/hett, but I don’t think they work very well with [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] or [name_m]Miles[/name_m] IMO)

1 Like

[name_m]Rawlings[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]!

[name_m]Beau[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] or [name_m]Hayes[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] are my favorites with [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]! Very handsome, one syllable names with subtle cowboy vibes - just like [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]!

I vote for [name_m]Clayton[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]!

It’s nice to see you around again!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite current choice for you is probably not the popular, people pleaser choice. I would choose [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m].

I also really like [name_m]Walker[/name_m], in general and with [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]. [name_m]Walker[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] feels long to me though it is so handsome.

I do love your selection of [name_m]Sutter[/name_m]. It’s fun! And a good match with [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]. The double t’s tie together nicely without being matchy names. I like [name_m]Sutter[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]. I like [name_f]Sutton[/name_f] a lot for you too.

I do like [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] a lot, my SO and I considered this one abit. It feels a little mismatched with [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] imo, too high energy and long. I am curious why it wouldn’t be a middle name consideration?!

[name_m]Callahan[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] is a really nice, stable option. I think it would be very handsome with Rh3tt M@ckenzie. I feel similarly about [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m].

[name_f]Kennedy[/name_f] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] feels like such a good pair with Rhett’s name, but I can’t in good conscience vote for it as I dislike the nicknames Ken/Kenny!

I adore [name_f]Tatum[/name_f]. Such a good brother to [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]. [name_f]Tatum[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] is incredible. I’m not sure if the -m M- running into each other would be bothersome?

This is a bit scattered! I just wrote comments as I read through your list. It is such a great list, you really cannot go wrong.
And good luck with TTC baby two.

I love your middle name options. From your list I’m feeling:

[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] & [name_m]Dallas[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] & [name_m]Sawyer[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] & [name_m]Destry[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] & [name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] & [name_m]Clark[/name_m]

I would choose [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] as the middle name for all of the above with the exception of [name_m]Destry[/name_m] which works a bit better with [name_m]Miles[/name_m].

With the lovely Rhe.tt and with [name_m]Miles[/name_m] or [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m], my top picks are:

[name_m]Denver[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Beauden[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Maverick[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]

I love Montgomery!! It’s clunky and classy and matches the length of [name_f]Mackenzie[/name_f] and well as the Y ending, but in a way that doesn’t seem intentionally matchy. [name_m]Miles[/name_m] just feels a bit short and mismatched to me, although he is a sweet name!

With [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], I really like:

[name_m]Beau[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Gentry[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]

And using Miles…

[name_m]Remington[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Whittaker[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] (Whit is adorable)
[name_m]Maverick[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]

I may be in the minority here but I love [name_m]Clark[/name_m] and [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] together! I feel like they both have a cowboy feel, but also sound grounded and a little clunky-cute together! [name_f]My[/name_f] second favourites are [name_m]Wells[/name_m] and [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] and [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], and I also love [name_m]Remington[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]!

[name_m]Beau[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] or [name_m]Tate[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] :airplane: :cloud:

From your list I absolutely adore [name_m]Beau[/name_m]! It goes perfectly with [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], and they share a link to Gone with the Wind (Beau was [name_f]Ashley[/name_f] and Melanie’s little boy, I think). [name_m]Callahan[/name_m] would be my second pick; [name_m]Callahan[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] is a great combo, and [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] and [name_m]Cal[/name_m] make a fabulous pair of brothers.
Other ones I like are [name_m]Sawyer[/name_m], [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_f]Kennedy[/name_f] (perfect level of kenergy!), [name_m]Tate[/name_m] (the connection with the [name_m]Tate[/name_m] brothers would be my hesitation with that one) and [name_m]Bradley[/name_m].

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] for the middle. [name_m]Hayes[/name_m], [name_m]Briggs[/name_m], [name_m]Boone[/name_m], [name_m]Clark[/name_m] or [name_m]Wells[/name_m] for the first. :blush:

I like [name_m]Clark[/name_m] the best!

[name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] is darling 🩷

@opheliaflora - Thank you! :slight_smile:
@48frogs - I wasn’t sure about [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] with an M middle but [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] sounds really cool actually!! I agree the place names might need a different middle name though. Thanks!
@somemelodioussonnet - I love [name_m]Rawlings[/name_m], I’m trying to get S/O to come around haha.
@trulybrilliant - I do love that one syllable vibe with his name ! thanks!
@chococat - Thank you!
@columbiacharm - thank you :slight_smile: [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] is lovely, I really like it haha. [name_f]Sutton[/name_f] is on our girls list, but I think my love for [name_m]Sutter[/name_m] kept it from joining the boys haha. I should have [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] on the middle name list - good call! Thank you!
@kachenka - Thank you :slight_smile: I think [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] is my own favourite of the two too!
@greyblue - Thank you! [name_m]Denver[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] sounds so handsome!!
@octaviamay - That was my thinking with Montgomery!! It also gives me an old Hollywood tie-in through [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] [name_m]Clift[/name_m] which I love. I do like [name_m]Clark[/name_m] with [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] but I was a little worried it was too Gone with the Wind?
@may.rose - thank you!
@mary_rose - Thank you! I think you’re right about [name_m]Beau[/name_m] being in GWTW! [name_f]Kennedy[/name_f] and the kenergy thing is so funny, my little one LOVES that movie lol.
@whatchamacallit - Thank you!! :slight_smile:
@heloise_chrissa - Thank you! I do like [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]!

7 Likes

I saw nothing. :face_with_peeking_eye:

With big bro, I really like:

[name_m]Hayes[/name_m] (I don’t think it is too close) [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
Sutter/Sutton (think both of these are so you!) [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Sawyer[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Callahan[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Oakley[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Denver[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]

I also like [name_f]Kennedy[/name_f] and think it’d be great if you stay at 2, otherwise you may feel like you’ve unintentionally started a very obvious theme that you’d be torn on to continue - if that makes sense?

1 Like

Ahhh this is exciting! A potential little Co-Pilot :airplane:

Looking at your ever so lovely list I really love as Rh3tt brother with the middle name Montgomery…

[name_m]Beau[/name_m] ~ he’s handsome, has a southern flair and feels like the perfect little brother to Rh3tt. Very Gone with the Willows. I also love the overall sound of [name_m]Beau[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] very distinguished.

[name_m]Hayes[/name_m] ~ I think this name is lovely very fashionable and well matched with Rh3tt. They both have that first name as surname style along with feeling southern. I also like the connection to your name and [name_m]Hayes[/name_m] it’s really sweet. I think [name_m]Hayes[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] is lovely.

[name_m]Locke[/name_m] ~ such a lovely name that feels calming and peaceful. A lovely water inspired choice that feels outdoorsy and bright. [name_m]Locke[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] is gorgeous and sounds lovely with Rh3tt.

[name_m]Wells[/name_m] ~ another gorgeous name that feels soft, gentle and handsome. I like the connotations surrounding spring through the meaning along with the water associations. [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] is fab. I like Rh3tt with [name_m]Wells[/name_m] too.

[name_m]Ford[/name_m] ~ another handsome, water inspired choice that feels southern and spunky especially paired with [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]. I think Rh3tt & [name_m]Ford[/name_m] are a really strong
pairing.

[name_m]Brooks[/name_m] ~ Finally this is my final shining star of a name. [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] is another fab cowboy choice and is fun with those calming water connotations. [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] is ever so cowboy and would be brilliant with Rh3tt Mackenzi3.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

1 Like

Goodness, I was so excited to dive into a [name_f]Haley[/name_f] list and utterly forgot to reply! I hope it’s okay if I do so now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

R’s name is so perfect for your family, it’s hard to find another name that’s just as impeccable, but my favorites for your list and with Montgomery/Miles are . . . .

A Top [name_m]Five[/name_m]:

[name_m]Denver[/name_m]: I genuinely don’t understand why no one ever talks about [name_m]Denver[/name_m]! It’s ever so sweet. R.hett and [name_m]Denver[/name_m] sound just as natural in the Old [name_m]West[/name_m] as Old Hollywood, and I absolutely adore that it combines everything you seem to love in a name. [name_m]Just[/name_m] perfect!

[name_m]Sawyer[/name_m]: I know I say this every single time, but love, love, love [name_m]Sawyer[/name_m] for you! A classy surname-name that sounds perfect as a first, southern and sweet, yet still quite sturdy. I think I may like this even more than [name_m]Denver[/name_m], just because the sound is more distinct from R’s name. :heart:

[name_m]Briggs[/name_m]: [name_f]Love[/name_f] that it fits in with R’s double-consonant, one-syllable pattern, but perhaps a little too close, especially with an “M” middle. It’s absolutely adorable, though, and I think that it’s a great contender.

[name_m]Ford[/name_m]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] impeccable. Nothing more to say, really! :wink:

[name_m]Beauden[/name_m]: [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] is so cuddly and sweet. It has that “southern gentleman” vibe that I so heavily associate with you and again, sounds great with R’s name and on its own. I think this one is just so fun.

1 Like

I’m here to say [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] is absolute perfection!! All the best!

1 Like