A list of favourites

Heres a list I’ve accumalated over the last year or so:)
Let me know what you think or any suggestions of others similar that i might like

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Erin[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]

[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Finlay[/name]
[name]Grey[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]

To be honest I love your list… I can narrow it down to my absolute favourites for you and list some similar, possibly rarer names that you might not like but maybe you will ^^ I’m best at finding unique alternatives, my brain shuts down trying to think of all the names in the top 1000, since my own collection has few of those…

[name]Eden[/name] (I’d suggest [name]Edith[/name], but you already like that!)
[name]Edith[/name] ([name]Elspeth[/name])
[name]Erin[/name] ([name]Irina[/name])
[name]Esme[/name] (Edme - form of [name]Edmund[/name])
[name]Florence[/name] ([name]Florentine[/name], although I don’t think she needs an altenative)
[name]Freya[/name] - (Idunn or [name]Thora[/name] - Idunn is from Norse mythology,sounds like [name]Eden[/name] ^^)
[name]Isla[/name] ([name]Ayelet[/name])
[name]Juno[/name] ([name]Junia[/name])
[name]Luella[/name] ([name]Amella[/name] or [name]Fallon[/name]?)
[name]Mabel[/name] ([name]Amabel[/name] - slightly softer, like a mix of [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name])
[name]Matilda[/name] (Elvida/[name]Elvira[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name] ([name]Daphne[/name])
[name]Tallulah[/name] (prefer the [name]Talula[/name] spelling, would age better, no alternatives. There’s nothing like [name]Tallulah[/name]!)

[name]Donovan[/name] ([name]Sullivan[/name] obviously and [name]Donahue[/name])
[name]Dylan[/name] (Hallam, [name]Callum[/name])
[name]Grey[/name] ([name]Lake[/name])
[name]Henry[/name] ([name]Henrik[/name])
[name]Jack[/name] ([name]Janos[/name] - YA-nush)
[name]Luca[/name] ([name]Micah[/name], but I love [name]Luca[/name]!)
[name]Milo[/name] ([name]Miles[/name], [name]Ivo[/name], [name]Inigo[/name])
[name]Owen[/name] (some Irish spelling, [name]Eoin[/name], [name]Eoghan[/name] or the likes, also [name]Ian[/name])

Maybe you’d like [name]Rufus[/name]? or maybe [name]Thaddeus[/name]?
Also, [name]Susanna[/name]…

I’ll try to think of some more, but I don’t have the time right now…

Thanks so much dearest, I love your suggestion of [name]Florentine[/name] and how do you pronounce [name]Amabel[/name]? Funny you should mention [name]Rufus[/name], its a name Thats growing on me lately but it sorts of strikes me as a nerdy name like [name]Norman[/name] which i kinda like but would never have the courage to use :slight_smile:

Sorry, didn’t read what the PP wrote so that my ideas aren’t influenced :wink:

[name]Alice[/name] - really growing on me…I’m beginning to love it and I can see it gaining in popularity
[name]Amelia[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]Eden[/name] - I see the appeal of this name, but it feels trendy.
[name]Edith[/name] - still trying to get on board with this one…to me it feels like [name]Eleanor[/name], but I like [name]Eleanor[/name] better…
[name]Ella[/name] - just simply gorgeous…unfortunatley also popular…
[name]Eleanor[/name] - :slight_smile: I think you know what I think about this one :), but I do love [name]Eleanora[/name] even more
[name]Erin[/name] - Sounds like an 80’s baby to me…
[name]Esme[/name] - gorgeous with a hint of exotic
[name]Florence[/name] - hmm…i’m not sure about this one. I have to think about it more…I think I’m on neutral ground here
[name]Freya[/name] - not a fan, sorry :confused:
[name]Harriet[/name] - ditto
[name]Isla[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! Gorgeous and mysterious sounding all at the same time!
[name]Juno[/name] - I think it might be a few years before this one can be used without thinking of [name]Ellen[/name] [name]Paige[/name]…
[name]Lily[/name] - Oh how I wish you weren’t so popular!
[name]Luella[/name] - still rooted in the “old lady camp” but it has some spunkiness that will help it out :slight_smile:
[name]Mabel[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! Wish hubby felt the same…
[name]Martha[/name] - I grew up with three…80’s name to me
[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name]! My only holdback on this one is I’m afraid as a [name]Mattie[/name] she’ll get lost in a sea of [name]Madeline[/name] and [name]Madison[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] - so fun and spunky! [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Sadie[/name] - totally a dog name to me…
[name]Tallulah[/name] - [name]Bruce[/name] [name]Willis[/name]…that’s all I see here, but I think I’m the only one…

[name]Auden[/name] - actually, I see this as a girl name
[name]Donovan[/name] - I like it…
[name]Dylan[/name] - girls are stealing this name (and its pretty dated, too)
[name]Finlay[/name] - ditto, but not dated…
[name]Grey[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] as a middle name…
[name]George[/name] - I like classic girl names better than boys for some reason…[name]George[/name] feels bland to me, unfortunatley…
[name]Henry[/name] - This one’s not bad…
[name]Jack[/name] - I think its overused…
[name]Jacob[/name] - [name]WAY[/name] overused…
[name]Luca[/name] - so cool!
[name]Milo[/name] - I think this is an up and comer! :slight_smile:
[name]Oscar[/name] - I like it, but I love [name]Oliver[/name] more…they feel the same to me :slight_smile:
[name]Owen[/name] - Really, really like it!
[name]Samuel[/name] - meh…little bland to me
[name]Tate[/name] - nms

I’m glad you like [name]Florentine[/name], she’s lovely!
[name]Amabel[/name] is amma-[name]BELL[/name], amma like [name]Emma[/name] only with an A… She’s the original name [name]Mabel[/name] came from, but she’s slightly more romantic [name]IMO[/name] ^^
And [name]Rufus[/name] is really hip to me, not like [name]Norman[/name] at all!!!

Nice list! I really was glad to see [name]Martha[/name] on there; it is such an under appreciated name. I love [name]Eleanor[/name] and I like [name]Eden[/name] as well. In your boys section I really liked [name]George[/name] and [name]Tate[/name].

I absolutely love almost all of your names! Some of them are on my short list!

[name]Alice[/name]- one of my favorites, absolutely gorgeous

[name]Amelia[/name]- not one of my favorites but i can see its spunky class

[name]Eden[/name]- don’t like [name]Eden[/name] very much

[name]Edith[/name]- it’s probably just me but this strictly old lady in my opinion

[name]Ella[/name]- I used to love its grace and simplicity before it hit the ‘ella’ trend crazily

[name]Eleanor[/name]- I really love this name

[name]Erin[/name]- don’t like this name

[name]Esme[/name]- a gorgeous romantic choice

[name]Florence[/name]- once again, a romantic choice

[name]Freya[/name]- I can see the attraction of this but to me it’s a weak name.

[name]Harriet[/name]- [name]Hattie[/name] is adorable but I have yet to see [name]Harriet[/name]'s gleam

[name]Isla[/name]- beautiful. [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] make the most adorable sister pairing

[name]Juno[/name]- ditto

[name]Lily[/name]- one of my favorites. If you want more variations of it, just let me know:)

[name]Luella[/name]- a bit too cutesy for me

[name]Mabel[/name]- pretty but I much prefer [name]Hazel[/name]

[name]Martha[/name]- a very pretty underused name that i really like despite [name]Martha[/name] [name]Stewart[/name] connections

[name]Matilda[/name]- definitely getting more popular but absolutely beautiful

[name]Phoebe[/name]- I have never liked this one as much as other people but I’ve gotten used to it

[name]Sadie[/name]- don’t like it very much

[name]Tallulah[/name]- a bit of a mouthful but it has a quirky charm

[name]Auden[/name]- love [name]Arden[/name] for a girl, [name]Auden[/name] for a boy…not so much

[name]Donovan[/name]- adorable and I love the nn [name]Donny[/name]

[name]Dylan[/name]- a bit too popular for me

[name]Finlay[/name]- nn [name]Finn[/name] is one of my favorites

[name]Grey[/name]- love [name]Grace[/name] for a girl but don’t like [name]Grey[/name] much at all

[name]George[/name]- classic that i can’t help but love

[name]Henry[/name]- possibly my second favorite boy’s name!

[name]Jack[/name]- cute and spunky

[name]Jacob[/name]- waaaaaaaay to popular for me but I see why so many people like it

[name]Luca[/name]- handsome and distinguished

[name]Milo[/name]- cool, might be trendy (to me)

[name]Oscar[/name]- very cool name

[name]Owen[/name]- love it!!!

[name]Samuel[/name]- nn [name]Sam[/name] is so amazing

[name]Tate[/name]- not a fan of [name]Tate[/name] (Tater Tots come to mind:)

Good luck and I honestly think you can’t go wrong with a list like this!

Fun! :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name]: [name]Love[/name]…
[name]Amelia[/name]: [name]Love[/name]…
[name]Eden[/name]: It’s starting to feel trendy to me, but I think its sound is very pretty…
[name]Edith[/name]: I like this as a less trendy source of the [name]Edie[/name] nickname.
[name]Ella[/name]: It’s too popular for me now, but I think it’s pretty.
[name]Eleanor[/name]: I prefer this to [name]Ella[/name] and think it’s a fantastic name. You may also like [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name].
[name]Erin[/name]: I prefer [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Aveline[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name].
[name]Esme[/name]: I think it’s beautiful…
[name]Florence[/name]: I think it’s sweet, but I love [name]Flora[/name] more. :slight_smile:
[name]Freya[/name]: I have to admit that I only think of frayed fabric.
[name]Harriet[/name]: I love [name]Harriet[/name]'s offbeat charm and spunk, and I think [name]Hattie[/name] is an adorable nickname.
[name]Isla[/name]: I think it’s very pretty…
[name]Juno[/name]: It reminds me too much of the movie of the same name, but I think that [name]June[/name] and [name]Juniper[/name] are charming.
[name]Lily[/name]: I think it’s pretty and wish it weren’t so popular. I also like [name]Lila[/name]. [name]Rose[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Delphine[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Lilac[/name], and [name]Daisy[/name] also come to mind. Oh! I forgot [name]Ivy[/name]!
[name]Luella[/name]: I think that [name]Luella[/name] is warm and charming.
[name]Mabel[/name]: Ditto! I love [name]Mabel[/name]!
[name]Martha[/name]: I prefer some of your others, but I like its spunky feel.
[name]Matilda[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]Phoebe[/name]: I think [name]Phoebe[/name] is great!
[name]Sadie[/name]: I think that [name]Sadie[/name] is sweet…
[name]Tallulah[/name]: I prefer some of your others…

[name]Auden[/name]: Because it’s so close to [name]Audrey[/name], I guess it feels a tad feminine to me.
[name]Donovan[/name]: I think [name]Donovan[/name] is very handsome!
[name]Dylan[/name]: [name]Dylan[/name] feels trendy to me now. You may also like [name]Callum[/name], [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Pierce[/name], [name]Rafferty[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name].
[name]Finlay[/name]: I think it’s a nice name, and I hate that it’s used on girls.
[name]Grey[/name]: Very handsome…I especially like it as a middle name.
[name]George[/name]: A nice classic…
[name]Henry[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]: I like [name]Jack[/name]…
[name]Jacob[/name]: It’s too popular for me, but I think it’s handsome. [name]Abraham[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Gideon[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Samson[/name], [name]Tobias[/name]…
[name]Luca[/name]: I think it’s a handsome name, but wonder if it will go to the girls…
[name]Milo[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]! I also love [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Arlo[/name], as well as [name]Miles[/name].
[name]Oscar[/name]: I think it’s a handsome name…
[name]Owen[/name]: Ditto…I wish it weren’t so popular!
[name]Samuel[/name]: I love this name, especially in the middle…
[name]Tate[/name]: I think it’s handsome.

I love so many on your list! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you!

Wow! what a brilliant list you have:) I think I love almost all of them…

[name]Alice[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! such a precious name:) I think of wonderland!
[name]Amelia[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! a favourite of mine, although I prefer [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Eden[/name] - I like this… just can’t love it for some reason. It is very cute:)
[name]Edith[/name] - I adore this! [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Edie[/name] too:) This is ready for a comeback
[name]Ella[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! [name]Just[/name] so popular now. Great as a nn for [name]Gabriella[/name] or any other ‘ella’ name too
[name]Eleanor[/name] - similar feeling for me as [name]Eden[/name]. I’m not yet a true fan of this…
[name]Erin[/name] - Cute and spunky but really a favourite. I do like it though:)
[name]Esme[/name] - Still on the fence about this one…
[name]Florence[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! Such a beautiful name:) I love it with [name]Therese[/name] or [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] - I’m in the ‘sounds like frayed material’ camp sorry.
[name]Harriet[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! [name]Hattie[/name] is the most adorable nn too:)
[name]Isla[/name] - Like this but can’t quite love it for some reason…
[name]Juno[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! Such an amazing name! [name]Queen[/name] of the Heavens seems like the perfect title to give a daughter:)
[name]Lily[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name]! My absolute FAVOURITE name:) [name]Don[/name]'t care how popular it is.
[name]Luella[/name] - Not a fan. Sounds like Cruella from 101 Dalmations too me.
[name]Mabel[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! I’m only recently loving it though, thanks to nameberry:)
[name]Martha[/name] - I surprise myself, with regards to this name. I [name]LOVE[/name] it! [name]Don[/name]'t know why lol
[name]Matilda[/name] - I’m originally from The [name]Land[/name] of [name]Oz[/name] (Australia) so this is all ‘Waltzing [name]Matilda[/name]’ to me. Once I get past that I do love it:)
[name]Phoebe[/name] - Not a fan for some reason. This one just doesn’t grab me.
[name]Sadie[/name] - Sweet but not really substantial enough to me
[name]Tallulah[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! Only really fell for it a few weeks ago too

[name]Auden[/name] - Not a fan. Sounds a little suss to me…
[name]Donovan[/name] - Like this but can’t yet love it. I know a kid called [name]Donovan[/name] who goes by [name]Donnie[/name], which makes me think of [name]Donnie[/name] [name]Darko[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] much? [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] too. Great name:)
[name]Finlay[/name] - I prefer [name]Finn[/name] I have to say, but [name]Finlay[/name] is nice too
[name]Grey[/name] - Not a fan. If I was to pick a colour, it would be a bright and vibrant one like [name]Greene[/name] or [name]Bleu[/name] (both variations)
[name]George[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! Good, solid name. Can’t go wrong with [name]George[/name]:slight_smile:
[name]Henry[/name] - Everyone’s newest favourite it would seem. I love it too!
[name]Jack[/name] - This should seem overused to me but it seems there can never be too many Jacks. [name]Love[/name] more as a nn for [name]Jackson[/name] or [name]John[/name] though.
[name]Jacob[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! One of my favourites. Only thing is, it’s been everyone else’s too.
[name]Luca[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! Italian names make me weak at the knees! like their shoes and cars:) I can’t stand when people use this for a girl.
[name]Milo[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! This may be the new ‘big thing’ though
[name]Oscar[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! A great name to grow up with to me, suits young and old.
[name]Owen[/name] - Like don’t love. I’m lukewarm on [name]Owen[/name]…
[name]Samuel[/name] - [name]Love[/name]:slight_smile: [name]Sam[/name] sounds so friendly and laid back:)
[name]Tate[/name] - Same as [name]Nate[/name] to me, nn only.

Thank you so much for your responses love reading what you all think of these names. Lilli23 thank you I would love to hear your variations on [name]Lily[/name]?:slight_smile:

And I love the tater tot connection with [name]Tate[/name] , it reminds of the episode of Sex & the City where the character [name]Aidan[/name] introduces his baby to [name]Carrie[/name] “This is [name]Tate[/name], he kinda reminds us of a tater tot”! haha! I’m surprised people dont really like [name]Sadie[/name] this is my fave name at the mo, I think it is cute enough to suit a baby, spunky enough for a teenager and then grown up for later years.

Thanks to [name]Jill[/name] and charliehot sox too loved reading your thoughts on these names , totally agree on [name]Luca[/name] name too , [name]Luca[/name] is totally a boys name to me!