A little help here

Normally I don’t want to cause a big fuss on nb as usually the website is really great and I’m more confused than annoyed or upset.:wink:
I was looking at names yesterday and I came across [name_m]Adelio[/name_m]. I thought it was a really cool name and apparently it has a [name_m]German[/name_m] origin, but then when you scroll down it says it’s an upbeat Spanish name. So can someone explain this to me?

Here are some screenshots in case it helps.:blush:

I don’t really know. I think that’s what NB does sometimes. I just did some research on what the name’s origin is and I keep on getting Latin/Spanish. Sometimes NB puts the wrong origin of a certain name so I think it was just a general mix up!

1 Like

It’s a Spanish form of a name of [name_m]German[/name_m] origin, I would imagine this is why there are two languages noted here.

Adelio ultimately derives from the Germanic adal “noble” root — the same as [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], etc.

1 Like

Ahh, thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

Spanish and Italian masculinisation of [name_f]Adelia[/name_f], which was originally a diminutive of the names beginning with the Germanic element “adal” :slight_smile:

2 Likes