A middle name for Iris

I’m torn between [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] this week. TORN! I’m having a hard time finding a middle name that I love with [name]Iris[/name]. I have a tendency to lean towards unisex middle names but I’m open to anything. My daughters are [name]Kira[/name] [name]Berlin[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] [name]Taylor[/name]. Is [name]Iris[/name] better with my girls names or is [name]Lydia[/name]?

So far I like but don’t love [name]Iris[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]. My husband isn’t completely sold on [name]Iris[/name] yet. I’m hoping that if I find a great middle name I can win him over.

So [name]Iris[/name] …?

I love them both!! [name]Lydia[/name] is so gorgeous, but I love [name]Iris[/name] too… I think [name]Iris[/name] fits better with [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Kira[/name]-- it’s shorter and simpler. Middles:

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Caterina[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]

I like [name]Iris[/name] better with [name]Kira[/name] and [name]Mia[/name]. For a middle that fits with [name]Berlin[/name] and [name]Taylor[/name], how about:
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Avery[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] (but reminds me a little of Irish coffee and [name]Bailey[/name]'s…)
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Adair[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Auden[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Riley[/name] - a lot of r and i sounds
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Marley[/name]

My favories are [name]Iris[/name] [name]Avery[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] [name]Tatum[/name].

So I don’t have any unisex middle names to contribute, since I’m not the biggest fans of them, but I did want to say that I think [name]Iris[/name] is beautiful with your other daughters’ names. [name]Lydia[/name] is a little too long, and you don’t want to lock yourself into a theme of needing to end in “a” names. [name]Iris[/name] is beautiful and fits perfectly.

Actually, I second [name]Iris[/name] [name]Avery[/name]. That is really pretty.

[name]How[/name] does [name]Iris[/name] [name]Emery[/name] sound? [name]Emery[/name] was on our list of possible first names.

I like [name]Iris[/name] [name]Rainbow[/name] !

I like [name]Iris[/name] [name]Emery[/name] a lot.

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Norah[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Emery[/name] is lovely

I love [name]Iris[/name], but I think [name]Lydia[/name] may be a better fit with your other daughters’ names–they’re both quite energetic and spunky-sounding, and [name]Iris[/name] feels more delicate and reserved. [name]Iris[/name] is hardly discordant with the others, though, so go for it if you really love it.

I also like [name]Emery[/name] as a continuation of the unisex-middle theme; I think it goes really nicely with either [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Lydia[/name]. I also kind of like [name]Iris[/name] [name]Bay[/name] or [name]Iris[/name] [name]Brynn[/name].

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Delphina[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Imogene[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] - I second it!
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Emery[/name] definitely works!

You hit what I was trying to say before I could finish the thought. On its own, I greatly prefer [name]Iris[/name]. In this context, [name]Lydia[/name] fits better. I also think it’ll take a unisex middle better.

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Noreen[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] Annabeth
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]

I really really like [name]Iris[/name], especially with [name]Kira[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] (also, the [name]LydIA[/name] sound repeats mIA which may or may not be worthy of noting haha)

Middle names suggestions (sorry for repeats):

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] (I dont know why, but [name]Blythe[/name] has always felt slightly unisex to me even though I wouldn’t personally use it on a boy - maybe it’s the whole [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables thing)

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Greer[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Harper[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Dru[/name]

I dont know if any of these appeal to you, I’ll try to think of more

I also like [name]Iris[/name] [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] [name]Jaymes[/name] popped in to my head

I love [name]Iris[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]! Two Greek names, both have beautiful meanings.

There are so many lovely [name]Iris[/name] combos here. Thank you :slight_smile:
I wish that I were the only deciding factor but alas I’m not.
I guess he helps keep the list short. With out him my list would be miles long.

Right now the two that we agree on are [name]Iris[/name] [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] [name]Morgan[/name].

Others I like that haven’t been mentioned and he wouldn’t like anyway are -

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Eleni[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Mattea[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Adrienne[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Vega[/name] - I just love [name]Vega[/name] as a middle name.
[name]Iris[/name] Aderyn

Maybe the above will help some one else one day.

My grandmother knows an [name]Iris[/name] at her church. Her real name is [name]Miriam[/name] but she goes
by [name]Iris[/name]. I think [name]Iris[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] is also pretty.

With out really thinking about it we have quite the theme going on in my family with the girls, including our pet.
All of our names end in “a” with the “uh” sound.
[name]Lisa[/name], [name]Kira[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Lola[/name].
As much I love [name]Lydia[/name] I’m afraid it might be too matchy. But then would that make [name]Iris[/name] the odd one out? A big part of me really doesn’t want another name ending in “a”.

[name]Lydia[/name] has been my favorite for awhile but [name]Iris[/name] as a whole is everything I’m looking for in a name.

1. It’s not popular
  2. It has a great meaning and is a nature name.
  3. It’s short
  4. It doesn’t end in “a”.
  5. So far I can’t find any teasing potential. Help me here if you can think of any.
    The big down fall with [name]Lydia[/name] is it rhymes with Chlamydia. Granted I don’t think in elementary school she’ll ever hear it and hopefully by the time she might she’ll be confident enough to let it roll right off of her.

Hello again,

Out of your current options, my vote goes for [name]Iris[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], I see [name]Morgan[/name] to be stylistically more similar to [name]Berlin[/name] and [name]Taylor[/name] than [name]Emery[/name] and so it seems to “fit” better

I also agree that adding a [name]Lydia[/name] to [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Kira[/name] is too matchy and will create a trend that would not exist if you chose [name]Iris[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lisa[/name],
I vote for [name]Iris[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] or how about [name]Iris[/name] [name]Addison[/name]?