A middle name for Opal

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all :heart:

I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] - I love the sound and the stone and it holds various meanings for me - however, I have never been able to settle on a middle!

some I’ve had in the past:

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] → almost right, but I just feel like it’s a bit sing-song? maybe the double -al -al sounds throw me?

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] → I love it - right balance of sharp and softer sounds and I love both names - but do I want [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] in the middle spot? I kind of like it too much

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] → I liked it for a bit and I think I like it for someone else, but maybe a bit frilly for me.

a few other ideas that I’m throwing around:

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Kinvara[/name_f] (liking this a lot at the moment)

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] (I’m in the UK, it’s fine here)

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tanith[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Corrine[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Cerelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tegwen[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f] (kee-vuh)

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]

a few questions:

1. which of the above combos (if any) do you like best?
  2. what would you suggest for me as a middle for [name_f]Opal[/name_f] - based on the above, or based on my other favourites?
my other favourites:

[name_f]Sarai[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - [name_f]Una[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] - [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] - [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] - [name_f]Embla[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - [name_u]Dessie[/name_u] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] - [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] - [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] - [name_m]Naren[/name_m] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] - [name_f]Taisie[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] - [name_u]Abilene[/name_u] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] - [name_u]Sol[/name_u] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - [name_f]Tesni[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] - [name_u]Kestrel[/name_u] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] - [name_f]Suvi[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - [name_f]Katri[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - Rosfrith [name_f]Adelia[/name_f] - [name_u]Mina[/name_u] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - [name_f]Lois[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - [name_f]Carys[/name_f] [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] - [name_u]Tay[/name_u] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] - [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] - [name_f]Elara[/name_f] [name_u]Juno[/name_u] - [name_f]Liadan[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] - [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] - [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] - [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - [name_f]Morven[/name_f] [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] - [name_u]Camber[/name_u] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

Thank you so much for any ideas :heart:

1. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Kinvara[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f], and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] are my favorites for you! Something about the cadence of a 3-syllable middle name clearly appeals to me for [name_f]Opal[/name_f].

2. A few other ideas are [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Corinna[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Isannah[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keturah[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Serena[/name_f], and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f].

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] is beautiful!

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] - I think this one is stunning. Girly and sweet; spunky and fun! The balance is perfect. I personally love names with sing-songy sounds, so it’s all good. This one’s my favourite, I think!

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] - I 100% relate to liking a name ‘too much for the middle spot’! :joy: But I do agree that the sound is sharp, soft and the imagery is adorable. [name_f]My[/name_f] only thing is that [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] visually look very different? [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is round, [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] is sharp if that makes sense. However the more I read and say it, the more I’m seeing the balance!

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] Princessy, elegant and lovely! The flow is lovely too. I do feel like it is kind of out of place with your other names and combos, but that isn’t the biggest issue if you love it as much as the rest!

Out of the other combos you listed here are some of my faves…

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u]! I love how an opal is a gemstone, and [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] starts with the sound ‘gem’. It’s very sweet.

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] Ginerva - I feel like this one is perfect for you. I associate Ginerva with you, and the flow is gorgeous. The vibes are kind of witchy!

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] - [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] is a fave of mine, because of the simply adorable meaning - ‘love’. I also really like this one for you, it fits with your other favourites well!

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tegwen[/name_f] - This one feels spunky and playful! The sound reminds me of a jumping frog, which I think is very very sweet. Lots of the other combos have felt frilly (in a good way, of course!) and this one is the opposite - which goes with your style in names a lot!

I really hope this helps! :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] is to die for, but I do understand that you want to keep it for another combo if you like it so much. However, it’s not a sin to have two combos that feature the same name, so that may also be an option? Maybe you would like Creusa? [name_f]Opal[/name_f] Creusa? It shares a few sounds with [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] and, to me, has the same sharp/badass vibes. Here’s the link to the BtN website about it: User-submitted name Creusa - Behind the Name .

[name_f]Jemima[/name_f] and [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] are also some of my favorites and I think both would go really nicely with [name_f]Opal[/name_f]! I think those three combos are my favorites, and you can’t go wrong with any of them!

A few suggestions:

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Antigone[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Antonina[/name_f] (reminds me of Jemima)
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Arantxa[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Caitriona[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Eluned[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Greer[/name_u] (reminds me of Cleo’s spunk)
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Ismerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Cerelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] is awesome too and probably goes over better in the UK than here in the US.

Not huge on [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_f]Corrine[/name_f] together, I think because they’re both a bit abrupt sounding?

A few other suggestions: [name_f]Opal[/name_f] Jenaye, [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Yvette[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Merewen[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Neriah[/name_u], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Kinvara[/name_f] is my favourite! I also love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] but I do see what you mean about those bouncy vowels and L’s! [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tegwen[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] are also really lovely.

These middles strike me as having Greyblue potential ~
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Aneira[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Theda[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Neriah[/name_u]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Sidra[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Quenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Merryn[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Samira[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Miruna[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Inaya[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Corliss[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is nice! What about [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keturah[/name_f]?

2 Likes

I absolutely love Opal :crystal_ball:

Opal Tallulah ~ I do really like the idea of Opal Tallulah she has this ethereal magic feel. But I agree she has a very sing song feel which does feel a little awkward.

Opal Keziah ~ this name feels very YOU bright, sparkly and full of energy. I like this combination for you. Maybe if you’re not keen on Keziah in the middle name slot I think your idea of Kerensa, Kinvara and maybe Cassia as another idea.

Opal Evelina ~ absolutely stunning! However Opal Evelina is a little frilly for you I wouldn’t associate this name with you.

Opal Kinvara ~ this name feels very you she’s sparkly, intriguing and bold. I also think she feels whimsical and bewitching.

Opal Ginerva ~ I strongly associate Ginerva with you. Teamed with Opal I think she’s majestic and bewitching with a gorgeous flow.

Opal Luella ~ I really like both names but I feel she has a similar sound to Tallulah with that sing song feel. I thought Loretta could work better.

Opal Jemima ~ I love Jemima! She sounds beautiful with Opal. I think Opal Jemima is gorgeous. I also think she has an eerie coolness to her.

Opal Cornelia ~ I find the flow of this name a little jarring I think Cordelia with the ‘d’ sound would work better has more bounce.

Opal Tanith ~ Even though Tanith isn’t my favourite I think she feels very you! The name has a bright mystical feel.

Opal Corinne ~ I like both names but together the sound is a little stunted.

Opal Delilah ~ I think Delilah sounds bright and spunky very sweet with a fashionable current feel.

Opal Cerelia ~ personally I’m not a fan of Cerelia for me I just hear cereal which is probably because I’m not complete sure on the pronunciation.

Opal Tegwen ~ again I’m not a fan of Tegwen I find the name has a really harsh sound which feels a little jarring with Opal.

Opal Ceridwen ~ oh my gosh I love Opal Ceridwen she’s so magical with this captivating Wuthering Heights feel. I adore!

Opal Kerensa ~ I love Kerensa with Opal this name is so magical, bright and strong.

Opal Caoimhe ~ I think Caoimhe has a really strong sound and I think in the middle name slot I would prefer a more melodic ending like Ruby. I think Ruby Caoimhe sounds better.

Opal Calliope ~ I think Opal Calliope is so dreamy and soft with a romantic melodic sound.

My absolute favourites are

Opal Kerensa
Opal Ceridwen
Opal Jemima
Opal Ginerva

Suggestions

Opal Astoria
Opal Delphinia
Opal Euphemia
Opal Isolde
Opal Pomeline

Hope this helps

1 Like

@EagleEyes thank you!!! I’m loving [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] Corinna!!

@smileymiley thank you so much [name_f]Miley[/name_f] for all this detailed feedback!

I go back and forth - I like that sometimes, which is why it’s definitely still under consideration!!

Hadn’t even thought of that, but I kind of love it!

I’m glad it’s giving those vibes - it does give me a magical, mystical feel too!!

that is cute imagery!! I’m liking this one a lot!!

It did really help :heart:

@krijesnica thank you :heart:

this is very true! (and this is all just for fun - I don’t know why I’m getting hung up on it!!)

Creusa is intriguing and I like how the meaning would match with my fave [name_f]Sarai[/name_f]! I will think on it!!

Of your suggestions, I’m enjoying: [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Acacia[/name_f] :heart_eyes:, [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Eluned[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] Nerissa!!

@cms1512 Thank you!! I have now encountered two Ginevras here, which is pretty cool!

Thank you for the thoughts and suggestions! I’m enjoying: [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Merewen[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] Neriah!!

@EdgeOfTheMeadow thank you for all your thoughts!!
I’m loving: [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Aneira[/name_f] (seen this one around, but haven’t considered it! and the meaning!!!), [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Theda[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Merryn[/name_f] (love it), [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Miruna[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Corliss[/name_f]!

@bemiranda thank you!! [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keturah[/name_f] is cool! [name_f]Keturah[/name_f] has been on and off my radar, but I like the distinctive sounds!

@tori101 thank you!!

this is all making me want to keep [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f]! Maybe I just need to let go of my thing about not reusing names :grin: [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] is lovely!

oooh Loretta!! Why do I always forget her! [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Loretta[/name_f] is fab!

yay, [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] love!

I’m thinking of probably cutting this one - it just doesn’t quite feel right!

I’ve been saying it as suh-ray-lee-uh/suh-reh-lee-uh but I can hear/see the cereal thing!

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f] is gorgeous (alas, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is my cousin’s name - but this has got me thinking about [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f] combos!)

I’m very much enjoying [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] (I think she was once on the list, maybe) and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] (love this)

Thank you again!!!

6 Likes

To me, [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] is the ultimate [name_f]Opal[/name_f] combo for you! It’s one that I always associate with you as the perfect encapsulation of your style. It’s feminine but not frilly, has a fun, quirky sound, and works beautifully with [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] and [name_f]Cherith[/name_f].

As for your other combos, I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tegwen[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tanith[/name_f] in particular. They feel quintessentially [name_f]Grace[/name_f] – lovely and utterly unique. :heart:

@seawillow thank you, [name_u]Theo[/name_u] :heart: I might well have to keep [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] in the running!!

1 Like

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] are gorgeous! I also love the suggestion of [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keturah[/name_f].

1 Like