A more 'formal' name for Billie?

I love love love the name [name]Billie[/name] for our baby girl-to-be but my hubby wants us to give her a more formal or ‘grown up’ feminine option as her official first name, although we’ll call always call her [name]Billie[/name]. Middle names we’re looking at are [name]Rose[/name], [name]Skye[/name] and [name]Snow[/name].
I am not a fan of [name]Isabelle[/name] (too popular), [name]Willa[/name], [name]Wilhelmina[/name] or [name]Willamina[/name] (too [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name]) and so far have only come up with [name]Sibella[/name]. I would love some suggestions from my berrymates. x

[name]Millicent[/name]!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Belinda[/name]? Actually, I was watching Criminal Minds once (one of my favorite shows), and one minor character was a little girl named [name]Belinda[/name], but everybody called her [name]Billie[/name]. Although it’s not really my taste, it’s not a bad name. Only other one I can think of is [name]Melissa[/name]. There are a lot of nn options for this one. My best friend has a cousin named [name]Melissa[/name], but everybody calls her [name]Minnie[/name]. It’s pretty common, but it’s definitely more “adult” sounding without sounding too formal or snooty, plus, I think it ages well and [name]Billie[/name] doesn’t sound too far off from [name]Melissa[/name] as a nickname.

Sorry if I wasn’t much help. D:

First of all: berrymates? Very cute.

I like all these ideas…and how about [name]Willow[/name]? [name]Don[/name]'t know if not liking [name]Willa[/name] extends to [name]Willow[/name], but for many people they’re two very different names. Another suggestion: [name]Blythe[/name].

I’d probably go with [name]Willa[/name] or [name]Willow[/name], but here are a few more possibilities:
[ul]

[/ul]

[name]Bravo[/name]! [name]Willow[/name] is another fave name and I hadn’t thought to connect the two. Hubby not a massive fan of [name]Willow[/name] in the past, but this could bring him around. Thanks
Forgot to mention our son is [name]Beau[/name] [name]Kingston[/name], to give a further clues as to our tastes etc.

[name]Wilhelmina[/name]!!!

I read [name]Mallory[/name] [name]Towers[/name] by [name]Enid[/name] Blyton when I was a child and one of the really likeable characters in it was a girl known as [name]Bill[/name], short for [name]Wilhelmina[/name].

oops sorry! Was so excited when I saw the start of your post, I didn’t read the end that said you weren’t fancying [name]Wilhelmina[/name]. My bad. If you read [name]Mallory[/name] [name]Towers[/name] though, you might change your mind! :slight_smile:

First thought was also [name]Wilhelmina[/name]!

Also:

[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] ([name]Anabelle[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name], etc.)

Um… Thought I had more, but I guess not! Good luck!

[name]Jen[/name]

Maybe [name]Sybil[/name] or [name]Abilene[/name]. Something ending in -bel, -bell, or -belle? [name]Annabel[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] this name on a little girl! I actually think [name]Billie[/name] is just fine on its own, particularly with brother [name]Beau[/name].

More Ideas:
[name]Beau[/name] and …
[name]Bellatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Blanche[/name]
[name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Meryl[/name]
[name]Wilma[/name]

[name]Bianca[/name], [name]Elinore[/name] (maybe a stretch), I also like the bell names like [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Bellatrix[/name]

Of all the suggestions I like [name]Sibella[/name] best. If it were me I’d go with some version of [name]Cybill[/name]/Sibil, [name]Sibyl[/name]. Good luck! My grandmother went by [name]Billie[/name] as a child but for her it was short of Linilda - that I do not recommend.

I love [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Skye[/name]! Too bad you don’t care for Wilhemina…but if you plan on calling her [name]Billie[/name] all the time anyway, maybe you could get used to [name]Wilhelmina[/name]? Or what about [name]Jillian[/name]? I had a childhood friend whose little sister was named [name]Jillian[/name] and she was called [name]Jillie[/name] [name]Billie[/name] which turned into just [name]Billie[/name]. I liked the other post suggesting [name]Willow[/name] too.

There’s my fav…[name]Jubilee[/name]. It has such great meaning, and the nn options are [name]Billie[/name], [name]Jules[/name], [name]Jewel[/name], or even [name]Julie[/name]! Aside from [name]Jubilee[/name], any name with “[name]Will[/name]” or a “[name]BIll[/name]” sound in it can have the nn [name]Billie[/name]. A few additional options…

[name]Jubilee[/name]
[name]Bedelia[/name]/[name]Bidelia[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
Wilayna/Wilaina/Wilana
[name]Willette[/name]
Wilona
[name]Bellamy[/name]
Billamy

I know an [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Billie[/name].