A Name for a Redheaded Girl

[name]Baby[/name] #2 is on the way and may be a girl (we’ll find out soon). We are a family of all redheads so this little one ought to be red haired too! :slight_smile:

Initially I was looking for another Irish/Celtic/Gaelic or Scottish name. But none really tickle my fancy. Big brother is named [name]Connor[/name] and we’d love a name that goes well with [name]Connor[/name].

Curly hair is dominant in our family too. So, I am envisioning a little curly haired, blue-eyed redhead! Cute right? :slight_smile: Surely there are some names out there that will suit such a girl. Ideas?

Right now about all I am really considering is [name]Felicity[/name]. I do like feminine names for girls that aren’t super popular or trendy. Bring on the ideas!!

[name]Felicity[/name] is beautiful! [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]Felicity[/name] is pretty. The American girl named [name]Felicity[/name] is a curly haired red head too.
http://www.amazon.com/American-Girl-Felicity-Doll-Paperback/dp/B0010XH072/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1331156384&sr=1-3

I also second [name]Celeste[/name]. :slight_smile:

I have a red headed cousin named [name]Olivia[/name], I think that fits well.

I also have a beloved red headed aunt (moms best friend, not really an aunt. ;)) Named [name]Kathrine[/name]. :heart: I think thats gorgeous.

I love [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], and [name]Celeste[/name] for options! :slight_smile:

Other names you might like…
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] (I know of an adorable happy redhead girl with this name)
[name]Virginia[/name] ([name]Ginny[/name])
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosemarie[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]
[name]Arielle[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

Before I even read your post, my first thought was [name]Felicity[/name]. I think it’s adorable :slight_smile:

I imagine a curly red head to be absolutely adorable, so I imagine her having an adorable name. [name]Felicity[/name] is totally NMS, so I cant say anything about if it fits or not. XD

But I’d see her as a

[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Arianna[/name]
[name]Kelsey[/name]
[name]Chelsea[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Farrah[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] (used to babysit an adorable red headed baby named this)
[name]Rosalie[/name]/[name]Rosanna[/name]/[name]Rosie[/name]/[name]Rosalyn[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] (hey, its red!)
[name]Zoe[/name]

[name]Love[/name] the suggestion of [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name]/[name]Rosie[/name]

I have a red headed friend named [name]Amber[/name] - people started calling her [name]Ginger[/name], of course, but now she goes by “Jamber”, a combination of both! I thought that was pretty funny.

[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

Merida.

I know, I know. Too Pixar, right? But by all accounts it’s a name with history, it is unusual, feminine, and is worn by a feisty, warrior-princess redhead. Also, it would take a while for the name to spike in popularity probably, because [name]Coraline[/name] hasn’t really caught on and that came out a couple of years ago.

I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]. It goes with [name]Connor[/name], isn’t too flashy or trendy, and has an American Girl doll to go with it!

Thank you for all the great ideas! This will get my DH interested since he isn’t coming up with any suggestions. :slight_smile:

I’m a red-head and my name is [name]Hannah[/name], lol. [name]Heather[/name] is also a good strong Scottish name for a red-head.

So many great suggestions!! I think [name]Felicity[/name] is a wonderful name! It’s on my list and I also thought of the American Girl doll because I used to love them growing up!

When I saw the preview for Brave, I was all ready to love whatever that girl’s name was! :slight_smile: But sadly, neither DH or I really like Merida.

I will admit that we are picky about names though. That is why I can’t come up with any ideas on my own and need help. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Felicity[/name].
But when I read your post’s title, I suddenly thought about [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name]. Those two are in my fav lists and it fits readhead most well.

[name]Felicity[/name] is a lovely name!
Some other names i think may suit (sorry for repeats):
Geniveve
[name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Peppy[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Winola[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
&
[name]Summer[/name]

[name]Fiona[/name]!

Best wishes :slight_smile:

Is it too cliche for me to say [name]Rose[/name]? It is, isn’t it. But I can’t resist. A little red headed [name]Rose[/name] just seems to perfect to pass up. Oh! or [name]Ruby[/name]! Alright, alright, I’ll stop now.

I like [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Hattie[/name], [name]Freya[/name]…names with some spunkiness.

I have a red-headed friend named [name]Abigail[/name] ([name]Abby[/name])

Best wishes!

I think [name]Felicity[/name] is perfect. I also thought of [name]Scarlett[/name].

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] also sounds nice… Haha, I’m such a pusher. XD

My heart would melt at a red-haired [name]Felicity[/name]! What about [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Ottilie[/name], [name]Eilidh[/name] or [name]Daphne[/name]?

(On a side note, I’m a red haired [name]Olivia[/name]. Or at least I was)