A name for my character: sassy little girl

I’m looking for a first name for a supporting character from one of my newest projects, a story that takes place in the 1970s in the Netherlands!

She is a nine year old [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] girl. Some of her characteristics include: sassy, curious, nosy, smart, easily bored, sociable, daring, extravert and witty.

I was thinking about naming her [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] (full name [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]?), [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] (full name [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]?), [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], or [name_u]Remi[/name_u].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like one of those names for her and do you have any other ideas? Thanks!

• [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Remi[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
  • Other ideas (let me know)

0 voters

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: thanks to everyone who voted or commented! I’m going to name her [name_f]Pippa[/name_f].

either [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] or [name_u]Remi[/name_u] for me, I chose [name_f]Pippa[/name_f].

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] has always seemed more of a shy, quiet name to me, but I guess that could change!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

I voted for [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] but I could see [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] as well! I like [name_u]Remi[/name_u] for a girl a lot and I’ve known only girls with the name but it is a masculine name in [name_u]French[/name_u] and I’m not sure if gender bending names was a thing in 1970s Netherlands? (Like I literally have no idea, so you can correct me if it was).

Thank you for your input! In the Netherlands, [name_u]Remi[/name_u] is more often used for boys, but it’s sometimes used for girl as well. In the 1970’s the name was rare for both genders.