A name for this character (1)

I decided to think up another story so I can take a little break from my other one, and now I’ve reach the character naming part of story planning.

A bit about the character:

He’s kid aged (6-11, haven’t decided yet), has red/auburn hair, brown eyes, and is a bit small for his age.

He’s a loudmouth who likes to get off track a lot. He’s the kind who usually wouldn’t start any trouble but if someone starts trouble with him, he’ll try to make sure he gets the last laugh/word. He doesn’t want to fade into the background, but he also doesn’t want to stand out (like being okay with the attention of a room of people, but not with a full house of people).

For some reason, I decided variants of [name_u]Alex[/name_u] would be a good name for him. I don’t really disagree with my past self, but I feel like [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and variants are a bit too common, but I also don’t really want to part with the name (unless I find something better), so I made a poll:

• Alexander nn [name_u]Alex[/name_u]
  • Alexander nn [name_m]Alec[/name_m]
  • Just [name_m]Alec[/name_m]
  • Scrap [name_u]Alex[/name_u] + variants, and choose something else (Suggestions are appreaciated!)

0 voters

I feel like [name_m]Alec[/name_m] would fit him well whether it’s just [name_m]Alec[/name_m] or a nickname for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. He just seems like an [name_m]Alec[/name_m] to me from what you described.

1 Like

For his character, I’m thinking [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]! It means “emperor.”

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @FuzzBall!

1 Like

Whoops forgot to reply, thanks for the thoughts + suggestion @carlene.denae!

1 Like