A Name is Needed for Nora's Brother!

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] boy due beginning of [name_u]November[/name_u]! Our daughter born in 2015 is named [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u], our last name is two syllables starting with F and ending with “er”. We have complied a list of boy names, with my current favorite being [name_m]Myer[/name_m] (or spelling variation [name_m]Meyer[/name_m] or [name_m]Meier[/name_m]). I’m having a hard time being decisive! Please let me know your favorite sibset with [name_f]Nora[/name_f], or other name suggestions of similar style as below :slight_smile: Thanks!

[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_m]Myer[/name_m]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_m]Cohen[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_m]Quade[/name_m]

Potential family middle name could be: [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_m]Connor[/name_m], [name_u]Devin[/name_u], [name_m]Allen[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]Callen[/name_m].

My favorites from your list are [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_u]Reese[/name_u].

[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_m]Kellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]

From your list I like:

[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Cohen[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

From what you said about your surname, [name_m]Myer[/name_m] doesn’t seem to flow very well.

Other suggestions:

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]/[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Kellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]

I’d avoid names ending in “er”,“ar”,“or” if your last name also does. It will often sound off.

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] with [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. They make my eyes become heart-shaped. Super adorable! [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is my number one choice from your list. The others just feel slightly off as a sibling pair…but they aren’t bad, per se. But [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is just perfect.

I like [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_u]Drew[/name_u] and [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] with [name_f]Nora[/name_f]!

I really like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] with [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. [name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]George[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

I really like [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] [name_m]George[/name_m] and I think it goes well with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and with your last name!

Good luck!

My favourite from your list is [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. Other suggestions:

[name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]

I like the name [name_m]Meier[/name_m] a lot! My other favorites from your list are [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] and [name_m]Cohen[/name_m].

[name_m]How[/name_m] does [name_m]Meyer[/name_m] sound when spoken aloud with your surname? If it sounds ok, go for it.

a282 suggested [name_m]Leo[/name_m], which I think sounds great with [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

Please don’t use [name_m]Cohen[/name_m]. I know people look at it and think surname name. It is a surname of many Jewish people, but it isn’t used as a first name. It means priest. I suggest that you look at some of the on line resources about it, and the discussions here on Nameberry.

Good luck.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

I love [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] with [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. I also really like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] but prefer to spell it [name_m]Coen[/name_m].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]? Or perhaps [name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_u]Theo[/name_u]? The o ending seems to fit very well with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] imo.

I also thought of [name_m]Harris[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m] and [name_u]Tate[/name_u] with [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_m]Clark[/name_m]. They could mix and match with many of those family middles.

I cannot advise you strongly enough against using [name_m]Cohen[/name_m]. Some people of the Jewish faith find it offensive. It is somewhat like naming a child [name_u]Messiah[/name_u]. They might not want to have to refer to a person as [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] when they haven’t earned that title or that sort of deference.

I think [name_u]Hayden[/name_u], [name_m]Clark[/name_m], or [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] fit best but if you live [name_m]Meyer[/name_m] or [name_m]Mayer[/name_m] I like those spellings.
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u] [name_m]Levi[/name_m] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_m]Connor[/name_m] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]

I know someone with a [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], and [name_u]August[/name_u] if that appeals to you.

Other suggestions (style) [name_m]Grayson[/name_m], [name_m]Holden[/name_m], [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_m]Brody[/name_m], [name_m]Cooper[/name_m], [name_m]Drake[/name_m], [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m], [name_m]Miles[/name_m], [name_u]Tyler[/name_u]
(Meaning) [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m], [name_m]Lucien[/name_m], [name_m]Beacon[/name_m], [name_m]Raiden[/name_m], [name_m]Timothy[/name_m]

I hate to say it, but I immediately think [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Meyer[/name_m] Weiners when I hear [name_m]Meyer[/name_m] or its variations (though I do like the look of [name_m]Meier[/name_m].)

I love [name_m]Clark[/name_m] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f]! Both names are classic and sophisticated, but also simple and not overdone. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] does seem to be growing in popularity much faster than [name_m]Clark[/name_m], but [name_m]Clark[/name_m] is familiar enough to work with [name_f]Nora[/name_f], imo.

My favorite is [name_m]Clark[/name_m] followed by [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]. I don’t like [name_m]Myer[/name_m] with your surname, sorry. Good luck.