A Name Survey?

Anyone up for a name Survey?

1. Are your kids names unique or common?

2. What are your favorite names (besides your kids names)?

3. What is the most common letter you seem to like?

4. Middle names, His family or yours?

Thanks for playing!!

1. Are your kids names unique or common? In a way they are common because they are classic. Yet in another way they are unique because they are not trendy. In [name]California[/name] they are really unique. [name]Ryan[/name] and [name]Caitlin[/name] or even [name]Katelynn[/name] would have been what was expected. (We named them [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Laura[/name])

Boys: [name]Thomas[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Kenneth[/name], [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Philip[/name], [name]Edward[/name], and [name]James[/name]. And this is embarrassing, but I do love the name [name]Jacob[/name] a lot!
    Girls: [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Veronica[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], and [name]Hollis[/name] is a new one that I like.

3. What is the most common letter you seem to like? I seem to love l’s, r’s, n’s, and s’s. I love that “s” sound! [name]Love[/name] the others so much, too! My m-i-l says that M is the most beautiful letter of all. What do you think? She doesn’t like S because it looks and sounds like a snake. [name]Both[/name] my husband’s cousin and she say that the letter K is prettier than the letter C. I took lettering at my art school, and I think all the letters of the alphabet are gorgeous depending on the font you are using or your penmanship!

My poor husband has such a small family. Middle names:
    Boys - [name]Wayne[/name], [name]Newton[/name], [name]Richard[/name], [name]Andrew[/name]
    Girls - [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Anna[/name]

My family’s middle names:
Boys: [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Warren[/name], [name]Marmaduke[/name], [name]Page[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Dean[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Evan[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], and [name]Stanley[/name]
Girls: [name]Elizabeth[/name] (four women), [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Susan[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Lura[/name], and [name]Page[/name], and [name]Grace[/name]. Also one cousin that is a girl has the middle name [name]Arthur[/name]. It was my grandmother’s maiden name.

Our son’s middle name is [name]Sebastian[/name] and our daughter’s is [name]Elizabeth[/name].

That was fun!

Hmmm, [name]Luca[/name] is not very common here in the South”land of Cadens, Jadens and the like! [name]Charles[/name] (his mn) is pretty common, but in the classic sense. I think [name]Luca[/name] will become more popular but as of now I don’t know of any others little [name]Lucas[/name].

[name]Milo[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Hugo[/name]/[name]Hugh[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Franklin[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Julius[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Bruno[/name]
    [name]Adelia[/name], [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Francesca[/name]/[name]Frances[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Eudora[/name], [name]Ada[/name], [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Celia[/name], [name]Celeste[/name]

L, J, and vowels…my name, [name]Olivia[/name], is all vowels so perhaps it’s just a bit of narcissism ;)?

His for #1, mine for #2 (if we go for #3, it’ll be a toss up!)

Neither, actually. [name]Leo[/name], [name]Simon[/name] & [name]Josephine[/name].

1. What are your favorite names (besides your kids names)? [name]Maud[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]Bruno[/name] & [name]Cosmo[/name] are the top bunch.

2. What is the most common letter you seem to like?

C, I would guess.

1. Middle names, His family or yours?

We try to balance them back & forth. They’re [name]Sebastian[/name] (my family), [name]Ambrose[/name] (his) & Rosamel (again, mine).

Well, in my particular state in Australia, [name]Matilda[/name] sits at #13 and [name]Oliver[/name] at #7, whilst [name]Iris[/name] doesn’t chart, so the first two are pretty common here, but in the US I’m guessing they’re pretty uncommon?! Their full names are [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Rae[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Finn[/name] & [name]Iris[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Belle[/name], so I guess that sets them apart a little bit more.

Too many, and I change so quickly. My top boys would be [name]Cillian[/name], [name]Henry[/name] (though he’s a bit off limits), [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Adrien[/name], [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Malachy[/name], whilst the girls would be [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Viola[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name]/[name]Aurelie[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Ada[/name], [name]Ida[/name], [name]Ivy[/name]… many, many more!

If I look at my lists, I like a lot of girls names beginning with ‘A’, and most of them have ‘L’ sounds in them, but that’s about the only pattern really!

We haven’t used any yet, but I prefer mine over his :slight_smile: Immediate-family-wise, mine are [name]Alain[/name] [name]Didier[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Anais[/name] and Aleydis; whilst his are [name]Jonathan[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Susan[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]. Actually, I like both sets, though I prefer my extended family’s to his!

I made that a bit too confusing, didn’t I?!