A New Category, please?

I love CAFs, but I tend to get lost when browsing the baby name games category, because there are so many of them! Would it be possible to create a new category just for CAFs?

7 Likes

I’d be into this idea!

1 Like

That would be a good idea!

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree with this suggestion!

1 Like

@katinka

I’ll see if there’s a way to make a subcategory, I would like to keep it within #baby-name-games if possible. Thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

There is now a new subcategory, #baby-name-games:caf

I’m still tweaking the settings but it should be live. Please feel free to flag topics to be moved over (only currently active ones, please!) or any TL4 members, please feel free to move active CAF topics across as and when you see them.

I’ll keep an eye on how this works out. Hopefully people will cotton on quickly but if it becomes an administrative nightmare to constantly move topics across, we may have to reassess.

9 Likes

@katinka how exciting! just to be clear, it’s okay for me to move any CAFs I see over to the new subcategory? or should I ask the user first?

1 Like

Hmm, I guess it would be good manners to check with the user first since this is a new endeavour.

2 Likes

that’s why I asked, I was worried it would come across as rude if I just moved it! :sweat_smile: thank you!

eta: @katinka I’ve just noticed that moving posts to new categories removes the name links. name links are especially useful with CAFs, do you know if that’s something that can be avoided?

1 Like

Oh dear, it will be because moving a post technically counts as an edit.

If the post is moved before name links are applied, it shouldn’t happen. Otherwise, I’m afraid it’s unavoidable for now.

2 Likes

ah, okay! that’s unfortunate! the only solution I can see is a user editing it afterwards and adding the name links themselves. I believe the original poster would have to do that though, as I’m only able to switch the categories, not edit the post itself.

2 Likes

Thank you for suggesting this, and thanks for getting it implemented too, NB. I looove the CAFs and so glad to see a spot for just them!

2 Likes

I also maybe think it would be a good idea to make a subcategory for parent berries which is teen berries? [name_m]Just[/name_m] a suggestion. @katinka