'A' Poll

See the results of this poll: Which one’s your favourite?

Respondents: 38 (This poll is closed)

• Amelie: 8 (21%)
  • Alice: 14 (37%)
  • Angelina: 2 (5%)
  • Annabelle: 4 (11%)
  • Anne: 3 (8%)
  • Autumn: 7 (18%)

dangit:/ i tried to vote for [name]Alice[/name] and accidentally clicked [name]Angelina[/name]! I vote [name]Alice[/name]!

That was so hard to decide but in the end I went for [name]Annabelle[/name] (although I prefer [name]Annabel[/name]) I just think it sounds so delicate and yet sort of fun and bouncy, also I love the nn’s [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Bel/name

I love [name]Amelie[/name] as well, I’m a big french name fan and I adore the film. The only reason that I didn’t vote for it was because I’ve heard it can get confused with [name]Emily[/name], a nice name, but one I don’t love half as much as [name]Amelie[/name].

I love [name]Alice[/name] and it’s simplicity and quaintness but it is quite popular where I live.

I do love [name]Angelina[/name] but I love [name]Angeline[/name] more. [name]Angelina[/name] is gorgeous but there would always be the connection to [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]. I don’t that would worry me that much if I was actually considering it though. it was between [name]Angelina[/name] and [name]Annabelle[/name] when I was voting.

[name]Anne[/name] is the only one I’m not so keen on. If it had been [name]Anna[/name], [name]Anya[/name] or even [name]Annie[/name] it might have stood a chance. I just think it sounds quite severe, but it is a name that I could see on a baby, child, teen and Adult.

[name]Autumn[/name] is a name that I never used to like very much but it is growing on me. It sounds sort of willowy and I do love most things about the season. I like it might be my favourite season name.

Nice ‘A’ names! :slight_smile:

Haha that’s ok:) One vote counted for [name]Alice[/name]! Thanks for replying:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Thank-you so much for your reply! Your opinions are very much appreciated so thanks for putting so much effort into them:)

I agree with you about the pronunciation of [name]Amelie[/name], that really bugs me. [name]Alice[/name] definitely isn’t popular over here, I’ve only met one in my life who’s under 80 and I just loved [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland. I know most people automatically associate the name [name]Angelina[/name] with [name]Jolie[/name] but I’m hoping that will fade over time, or at least in by the time I get around to having and naming children. Oh and how you described [name]Autumn[/name] is right on! I love the creativity and lazy charm it has. It just screams ‘fun with big piles of leaves’ to me:)

Thanks again

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Good idea! Can’t wait for the other letters :wink:

I voted [name]Amelie[/name] :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Alice[/name] because I am in an “[name]Alice[/name]-y” kind of mood. My absolute favorite name that begins with the letter “a”, though, is [name]Aurelia[/name].

This is a tough one! It was tied between [name]Amelie[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Annabelle[/name].
[name]Autumn[/name] - I just never liked this one, although I like how you describe it/feel about it
[name]Anne[/name] - just a little too plain for me. I like the nn [name]Annie[/name] though
[name]Amelie[/name] - I just love this name but don’t like how it is similar to [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] - a lovely vintage choice
[name]Annabelle[/name] - in the end, I voted for this one but it was a hard decision. I would prefer [name]Annabel[/name] spelling I think but maybe not. [name]Love[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]. [name]Annabelle[/name] is lovely but fun too.

[name]Amelie[/name] - I did like this one, but the movie has made it too popular, for me.
[name]Alice[/name] - I voted for this one. It’s my mn, so I am a bit biased, but I do think it is a nice, vintage name. (If you are in [name]England[/name], it is quite popular over here.)
[name]Angelina[/name] - I just feel there are nicer angel names; this one feels a little old hat. I like [name]Evangelina[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name] and Raphaella, and quite like [name]Angelica[/name].
[name]Annabelle[/name] - even though I like very feminine names, what I see as extra letters annoy me. The popularity irks me, too.
[name]Anne[/name] - I adore [name]Anna[/name], but [name]Anne[/name] is too plain for my taste.
[name]Autumn[/name] - lovely, but I can see this going the same way as [name]Summer[/name]; in ten or so years it will be overused, and very dated.

I voted for [name]Annabel[/name], followed closely by [name]Amelie[/name].

[name]Happy[/name] New Year Everyone!

(It is here in NZ anyway) Thank-you all for voting and posting replies! I love reading through the opinions:) It would seem like we have our winner…

[name]Alice[/name]! Followed closely by [name]Annabelle[/name] then [name]Amelie[/name]. I thought the classics would rate highly:)

Posting B’s very soon!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

What region of NZ? :slight_smile: I am from there too! I voted [name]Alice[/name]. Brings to mind [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland, so gorgeous![/quote]

Really?! KIWIS [name]UNITE[/name]!! Christchurch, Canterbury to be exact. What about you?

Yes I love [name]Alice[/name] from her adventures in Wonderland too:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Really?! KIWIS [name]UNITE[/name]!! Christchurch, Canterbury to be exact. What about you?

Yes I love [name]Alice[/name] from her adventures in Wonderland too:)

• [name]Charlie[/name][/quote]

Manawatu :D[/quote]

Oh, I love it up there! I have relatives in Wanganui.

• [name]Charlie[/name]