✨ a sister for Cove and Rowan

Thinking tonight about what I considered to be my top 2 names, and I very quickly narrowed it down to these two. They’re nearly perfect in every way, and thinking about having a son and daughter named [name_u]Cove[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] just makes me so happy :relaxed:

What would you name a little sister to [name_u]Cove[/name_u] [name_m]Somerled[/name_m] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]? [name_m]Can[/name_m] be from my list or a combo that comes to mind :blush:

[name_u]Cove[/name_u] [name_m]Somerled[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] and…

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u]
[name_u]Story[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_u]Lux[/name_u] [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]
[name_u]Hero[/name_u] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]
Inidgo [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Emrys[/name_m] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
&
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u].

I don’t know about [name_u]Cove[/name_u]. It makes me think of the movie “The Cove” which is heartbreaking (don’t google it) and I feel like high school boys could make disgusting jokes like “I want to explore Cove’s cove” :frowning: Sorry! Maybe I could get used to it but it gives me a really bad image and also reminds me of Covid. But I won’t judge that because I like [name_f]Rona[/name_f]!

[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] is really beautiful.

[name_m]Somerled[/name_m] is cool too.

I would name her:

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]

or if you want something a bit more uncommon:

[name_u]Fern[/name_u] Ailinel

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Cove[/name_u] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]!

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_f]Jovie[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]

1 Like

Hey and sorry if offtopic but never heard the name Ailinel before, what is it?

1 Like

It means “lake” and it is Elvish.

1 Like

Thank you for the ideas.

Perhaps someday I will post a thread asking for opinions on my favorite names, but that was not this thread. [name_u]Cove[/name_u] is my favorite boy name, and actually, of the two, it’s the one I consider to be perfect. I imagine a carefree, summertime boy, with sun-kissed skin, copper freckled, and golden hair matching the color of the sand on his bare feet. He’s kind, adventurous, full of wanderlust, and has a free spirit. If he heard these high school boys making jokes like that, he’d know to report them for sexual harassment. The name itself is current but not popular, easy to say, spell, and remember, and brings up an image of a hidden cave with turquoise water and velvety sand, with color associations that remind me of a sunset. It brings me so much joy to imagine a son of mine wearing the name [name_u]Cove[/name_u], and finding names like this has been a light in the darkness for me, as I know names are for many people.

1 Like

I love reading how happy these names make you!! That’s just so inspiring. :heart_eyes:

[name_u]Cove[/name_u] [name_m]Somerled[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], and…
[name_u]Olsen[/name_u] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_u]Greer[/name_u] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_u]Austen[/name_u] [name_f]Ismerie[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

1 Like

Okay, I am glad you love it.

Maybe you should add that you don’t want opinions given that this is a forum for name opinions.

I know that you didn’t specifically ask but I always sort of expect that people want opinions when they post here and if someone has negative associations I am always glad when people let me know but everyone is different.

If you absolutely don’t want to hear opinions at all I would just add a short disclaimer.

[name_u]Cove[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]!

1 Like

I would pair an [name_f]English[/name_f] gender neutral or gender neutral leaning name, possible nature name + A mythological / particular / fancy and elegant or literary rare name such as…

[name_u]Fern[/name_u] [name_f]Laetitia[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Christabel[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Melisande[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] Athénaïs
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Vasilisa[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f] / [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Alienor[/name_f]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u] [name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f] / [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]

Please tell me if you like any of those!

1 Like

Maybe [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]?

1 Like

Oh and I am sorry!

If you want me to delete my comment I will do so. [name_m]Just[/name_m] let me know.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I’ll just pick what I think fits best with [name_u]Cove[/name_u] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite ideas are [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] or [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would word it slightly differently that this is a forum for name discussions. Yes, that sometimes includes offering opinions, but it can also include asking for middle or sibling name suggestions, sharing lovely combos, playing games, and so much more. Unless there is a glaring problem with a name (for example, a well-known unforgivable association), it’s widely expected on Nameberry that people will withhold their personal feelings about a name if that’s not specifically what the poster is asking for. Especially since, for a lot of us, we have attachments and connections to names. In fact, if you want opinions on your names in every thread, I would recommend adding that because otherwise, most berries won’t give their personal thoughts on a thread asking about middle names, etc. :slight_smile:

I understand this isn’t the same on other name websites. Sometimes, I skip threads because I recognize that no matter how much I dislike a name, my saying so won’t help the poster, and it probably won’t change their mind either. I have no opinion either way on whether you delete your comment.

1 Like

Sage Cassiopeia

1 Like

[name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_u]Vale[/name_u] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_u]Quill[/name_u] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]

1 Like

So many great suggestions above! But from your list, I have to say, I really love [name_u]Briar[/name_u] with this set! She sounds just right with [name_u]Cove[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], while also maintaining her own distinct sound and feel.

I know [name_u]Briar[/name_u] is a mn in your UC, but if you’d consider it as a fn, it would be a great fit, imho. :slight_smile:

1 Like