A twin for Zack?

Well, I’m not expecting twins (as far as I know), but I am expecting - and am really stuck for boys names at the moment. The only name I have come up with is [name_m]Zack[/name_m]/[name_m]Zachary[/name_m], and DH has said maybe, so hopefully he will eventually say yes and we’ll be sorted. But it occurred to me that if its actually twins, I would really be stuck for another name (or of course if DH says no to [name_m]Zack[/name_m] in the the end).

I won’t necessarily have a scan, so there’s the possibility of not knowing about twins beforehand, and the thought of suddenly having to come up with another name, when I have no back-up is a bit scarey!

Anyway, even though its probably a very small chance, I figure it would be handy to know other names people would pair with [name_m]Zack[/name_m], so that I might possibly find another name I like in case DH says no.

So, what name would you choose for a twin for [name_m]Zack[/name_m]?

[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] would be nice. Other options:

[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Nate[/name_m])
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

You very well could be worrying for no reason (and I hear pregnancy hormones have a tendency to make one do these things.) As for a twin for [name_m]Zachary[/name_m], maybe…

[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Zander[/name_m]/[name_m]Xander[/name_m]

[name_m]Zack[/name_m] is very All American. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_m]Nate[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Will[/name_m]
[name_u]Alex[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]

My initial thought was [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] but [name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Zeke[/name_m] might be a problem!

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Zack[/name_m] and…

[name_u]James[/name_u] (I like [name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Jimmy[/name_m]!)
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]

I tried to list names with nn possibilities! Good luck with your naming journey and with your pregnancy!

Thanks for your replies :slight_smile:

Yes, I know there’s only a very small chance I’ll end up with twins, especially without knowing beforehand. But I’d rather be prepared! And regardless of that, it would help to have more than one boy’s name on hand! There are a few other boys names I like, but have ruled out:

[name_u]Bryn[/name_u] - hubby vetoed it
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] - waaay too popular, I think its number #2 at the moment here
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] - know a couple of [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]'s, one who is a brother to a [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] so that really isn’t going to happen.
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u] - I used to love it but it seems really dated to me
[name_m]Zavier[/name_m] - one of my top choices last time, but I’ve gone off it

There’s a few names that have been suggested that I like, but none that I totally love yet. Its soo hard trying to find something! I think I’m ultra fussy :frowning:

[name_m]Jacob[/name_m] is one possibility. My ultimate boy twin set is [name_u]Toby[/name_u] and [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] cos I think they sound great together without being over matchy. But I’ve already used [name_u]Toby[/name_u] for my son so that’s out!

If I used [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] would [name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Jake[/name_m] be too similar? I like [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], as someone suggested, which is similar but my son has a friend [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] so I wouldn’t use it. Plus I like [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] better anyway.

[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Connor[/name_m]
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] add [name_u]Paxton[/name_u]

I like these pairings…

[name_m]Zack[/name_m] & [name_m]Eli[/name_m] ([name_m]Elijah[/name_m])
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] & [name_m]Nate[/name_m] ([name_m]Nathan[/name_m] / [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m])
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] & [name_m]Josh[/name_m] ([name_m]Joshua[/name_m])
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] & [name_m]Liam[/name_m] ([name_m]William[/name_m])
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] & [name_m]Harry[/name_m]
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] & [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] & Oli ([name_m]Oliver[/name_m])
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] & [name_u]Drew[/name_u] ([name_m]Andrew[/name_m])
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] & [name_m]Ted[/name_m] ([name_m]Zachary[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m])

I’d like to second [name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Ted[/name_m] ([name_m]Theodore[/name_m]).

Also,
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] ([name_m]Zachary[/name_m]) and [name_m]Tom[/name_m] ([name_m]Thomas[/name_m]).

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is actually my top pick if we ever have another son. We have a [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] ([name_m]Zach[/name_m] spelling for the nn), and a [name_m]William[/name_m], and [name_u]James[/name_u], so those go together very well in my opinion!

[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_u]Joey[/name_u] ([name_m]Joseph[/name_m])
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] ang [name_u]Logan[/name_u]

I think I had a breakthrough last night figuring out what it is I like in a twin set . . . I think I like them to have some sort of connection (while not being too matchy), and I like the idea of a “strong” letter used in a different place in both names. So for [name_m]Zack[/name_m] either a “k” name or perhaps a “z”.

So what do you think of:

[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_u]Niko[/name_u] ([name_m]Zachary[/name_m] and [name_m]Nikolas[/name_m]/[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m])

Others I came up with but wouldn’t use for various reasons include:

[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Lukan[/name_m]
[name_m]Zack[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]

What other combinations like this are there? I think I need to go do a search on boy names containing the letter “k” or “z”.