A twist on Willow

[name]Hi[/name] all,

[name]Willow[/name] is the name we are all set to use our expected daughter and everyone in the family is gushing over our middle name choice Michelet (pronounced mee-sha-[name]LAY[/name]).

I love the name [name]Willow[/name] but I really like the name [name]Willoughby[/name] nn [name]Willow[/name]. It’s just a little different and unique. I’m afraid [name]Willow[/name] is just getting too darn popular.

What do you think of these spellings:

[name]Willow[/name] Michelet
[name]Willoughby[/name] Michelet
Willowbee Michelet
Willowbea Michelet
[name]Willow[/name] Bean Michelet

[name]Jean[/name] [name]Jacques[/name] Michelet ([name]John[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] Mickley in the colonies) was an early founder and settler of the Pennsylvania colony and along with his 11 year old son [name]John[/name] [name]Jacob[/name], was entrusted to hide the [name]Liberty[/name] [name]Bell[/name] from the British Invaders. It’s a cool story and my daughter will be his great(8) granddaughter!

Would you still call her [name]Willow[/name]? I like the idea of [name]Willow[/name] by itself and think it sounds great with Michelet. I would go with [name]Willoughby[/name] as the formal name if you wanted to add “bea or bean”. Though, two middle names could work too.

I much prefer just [name]Willow[/name], but if you are going to use [name]Willoughby[/name] I would stick with this spelling. The other spellings don’t look as good on paper.

Yes, she would still go by [name]Willow[/name] most of the time (unless she didn’t clean her room).

[name]Willoughby[/name] is the traditional spelling - the name of several places in [name]England[/name], Australia, Antigua, [name]Vermont[/name], [name]Virginia[/name]. Also, the sur name of several Barons, a character in Sense and Sensibility.

Willowbee is just plain cute in my opinion.

Bean is/was my nickname so that’s why I like it as an option.

I dunno, I like [name]Willow[/name]. I think that [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bea[/name] Michelet would be a good choice, as well. And I think that [name]Willow[/name] still isn’t too popular to use. It is rising somewhat quickly, but there’s also no garauntee that it will keep rising…mostly.

I think hubby and I like [name]Willoughby[/name] Michelet best. Thanks for your input!

[name]Willoughby[/name] sounds very masculine to me. I wouldnt assume a [name]Willoughby[/name] to be girl. [name]Willow[/name] is great on its own, I wouldnt change it.

[name]Leah[/name] - what do you think of the other options? More feminine?

I have a very unique name and I always loved being the only one of my kind :wink:

PS: Alsestis is not my real name

Honestly, I think [name]Willoughby[/name] just sounds silly, and it reminds me of someone’s pompous surname from a Victorian era book or something. I don’t know. And, like a previous poster, it’s kind of masculine sounding. What about [name]Willow[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name], called [name]Willoughby[/name] sometimes as a kind of family nickname?

I think you should just stick with [name]Willow[/name] Michelet. It’s beautiful and passes down an awesome heritage and story. [name]Willoughby[/name] sounds masculine but also too whimsical to be a serious first name for a child. You could call her [name]Willoughby[/name] playfully, but I can’t imagine [name]Willoughby[/name] on a woman’s resume. She’d be [name]Willoughby[/name] to the people she works for and around.

As a side note, it reminds me of Wallaby.

[name]Willow[/name] is classy, elegant and sophisticated.

Hmm…never thought about a Wallaby. Good thing I asked you guys.

I posted a poll on another name forum and got 11 votes for [name]Willow[/name] and 0 votes for any other variation.

Maybe I’ll name her [name]Willow[/name] and just call her [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] because I think it sounds cute but obviously, the rest of the world doesn’t agree so much.

I think [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] is cute as a nickname, but as a full name I do prefer [name]Willow[/name]. But hey, as long as you love it, that’s what matters most.

My vote is for [name]Willow[/name], and I agree that giving her two middle names would be a nice compromise.

[name]Willoughby[/name] sounds too masculine to me. I immediately think of [name]John[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name] of Sense and Sensibility, who was by the way, not the most virtuous of characters… :expressionless:

[name]Willoughby[/name] was the one that was pursuing [name]Maryanne[/name] and ended up having an illegitimate child in [name]London[/name], or something. What a jerk!

Ok, we have reached a family decision. [name]Drum[/name] roll please:

[name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] [name]Michel[/name]”t

congrats!

[name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] - how original, and so cute! And it flows so well with Michelet, which is also a really cool name. I bet your daughter will love her name.

I love your decision! What a great name she will have! I am a fan of [name]Willoughby[/name], but I like it more in theory than in practice. It also seems very masculine to me. I’ve thought about using it as a middle name for a boy. But even though I like it, I think [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] is a much better name for a girl! And Michelet is fantastic. [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] Michelet, perfect!

I don’t care for [name]Willow[/name] much, but since you’ve decided on it, I would go with just [name]Willow[/name]. Trying to make it longer just seems silly to me, and she’d probably complain about it being an inconvenience.