Abigail As A Middle For Clara Or Florence 🌸

As much as I love Abigail as a first name I can’t let go of it as a middle name but I can’t decide on which combo I like best :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ?:

• Florence Abigail
  • Clara Abigail

0 voters

Florence and Clara seem to be my favourite sibling set with Matilda as a 3rd name if necessary (as much as I love Ingrid and Georgia but they’d be easiest to let go of) so I can’t wait to decide since once I use one name its out of the picture as a middle for the other and I’ll feel like I’ve made the wrong choice :notes: (even though as said before I might be thinking about this a bit too early compared to my kid plans but its never too early to share my love for names :heartpulse:)

I typically don’t like the same letters for last letter of first name and first letter of second - so here the A and A of Clara then Abigail. On the other hand, Florence because of the “S” sounding ending isn’t great for going into a vowel as it can mean it drags - ie “Sabigail”. I would still pick Florence but I prefer S endings (eg Iris, Celeste etc) with a consonant starting middle (for some reason E seems to be least affected - eg Florence Eloise doesn’t drag as much). So I don’t adore Abigail with either (Florence better flow*) - but if you absolute love the name or it’s an honour name, then just ignore this! :slight_smile:

*Florence Abigail may get Florence Nightingale depending on where you live but then again, almost certainly not by the time you have kids.

3 Likes

The vibes of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] are really well matched but the A sounds kind of run into each other so I prefer the flow of [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and I like the contrast of the vibes for that set with Abigail’s softer feel balancing the stronger, sharper energy of [name_u]Florence[/name_u] so [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] gets my vote.

2 Likes

I prefer the first name [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. How about [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] is far nicer as a first name. If I had a [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], the initials would spell FAT, not good.
I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] better than [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], but think both [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] flow better.

1 Like

Still love [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] as a first name but being bilingual ruins quite a lot of names for me as they don’t sound as nice in the other language which is why its fallen to the middle name spot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: but luckily I don’t have the initials problem with the names :smiley:

I think [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] is lovely! :slight_smile:
I’d avoid [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], due to the slightly awkward sound of the -a ending + -a beginning. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] or [name_u]Clare[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] would work, though!

1 Like

[name_u]Florence[/name_u] is lovely! [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] run into each other too much in my accent.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Abigal[/name_f]!
Your UC says GB which I assume stands for Great [name_u]Britain[/name_u], meaning you’d say the end of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and the start of [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] differently, like Clar-uh Ah-bigail rather than [name_f]Claira[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f].
I don’t like [name_u]Florence[/name_u] as the only real ns are [name_f]Flo[/name_f] and [name_f]Florrie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flossie[/name_f] and they aren’t my thing, but [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is stunning!
What are your reservations about using [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] as a first? The nickname [name_u]Abby[/name_u]?

1 Like

I’m alright with [name_u]Abby[/name_u] even though I’m not in love with it and prefer the full name but my reservation with [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] is that I want a name that sounds good in both languages I speak and this one is clearly not one of those names