About Violet?

I have loved [name]Violet[/name] for a long time, and we paired it with [name]Adele[/name], so [name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]How[/name] to you like it ?
Does [name]Violet[/name] sounds trendy? And is it good for a girl to be named after a color which she herself may not like? I can imaging she will have all her cloths, toys in purple…
Also, I’m wondering how do you pronounce the nickname [name]Vi[/name], V-eye or V-ee? I don’t like [name]Lettie[/name] cause its too childish for me.

BTW, I have seen some posts here discussing the name [name]Serena[/name], and it grows on me lately, which do you think is better [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Serena[/name]? It seems [name]Serena[/name] has never been on the top, I don’t know why such a beautiful name is ignored. Is there any downsides of it?

This is my first post, our baby is due next year, so there are plenty of time for us to decide, and we are open to any suggestions:)

Thanks in advance!

[name]Hi[/name] !
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name] sounds wonderful (:
While [name]Violet[/name]'s popularity is rising, I don’t think it will ever be a trendy name. In my mind it is a beautiful, classic name.
I wouldn’t worry about the color association at all. [name]Violet[/name] is also a flower, and that is what I associate the name with.
When I hear [name]Serena[/name] I think of the tennis player [name]Serena[/name] [name]Williams[/name], but I agree that it is a gorgeous name and less popular than [name]Violet[/name]. I still prefer [name]Violet[/name] over [name]Serena[/name] though. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Seren[/name] ?
Variations like [name]Viola[/name], [name]Violetta[/name] and [name]Violette[/name] are much less popular but still charming. But they don’t flow as well with [name]Adele[/name].
Other names you might like :
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is stunning! A perfectly wonderful name:) As for the nickname i think you could ogo with either, [name]Vi[/name] would be V-eye and V would simple be V-ee. I think [name]Vi[/name] would be more natural, though you hear of lots of teenagers nicknames being initials, i think this is a trend following the TV show gossip girl. But i agree, i do not like [name]Lettie[/name] either, it just is not my style at all, so i think [name]Vi[/name] is the best way to go :slight_smile: As for the whole toy thing, i wouldnt really associate [name]Violet[/name] with the color or the flower. I think it is well known enough that people just think of it as a name, now naming your daughter [name]Teal[/name] or Yellow would be diffrent. lol. But i dont think everyone would give her purple everything, and i especially dont think people would be like haha violet is wearing…violet. lol. I think it’s a well rounded name now, not to popular and i dont think it will ever be way popular. But i wouldnt worry about the color association.

As for [name]Serena[/name], I have always liked the name. I think it is simply gorgeous. It just sounds so feminine and pretty. I think it is pretty as a sister for [name]Violet[/name], but i do like [name]Violet[/name] over [name]Serena[/name] in terms of this baby :slight_smile: But i agree it is a very under-rated beautiful name, and i dont think there are any downsides to the name [name]Serena[/name], other then the gossip girl connection to [name]Blake[/name] Lively. But i still dont see it as a bad thing. Maybe im missing something though? lol.

I have to say that i really like the sound and feel of [name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name]. I think it is a stunning name! Ans [name]Serena[/name] would make a good sister :slight_smile: [name]Do[/name] you have ideas for boys names?

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is SO gorgeous! Swoon
[name]Violet[/name] is currently on a wave of popularity, but I would never call it trendy. It is a GREAT name and I really doubt it will get too popular. I pronounce [name]Vi[/name] like V-eye, which is really cute, [name]IMO[/name].
I prefer [name]Violet[/name] infinitely more than [name]Serena[/name]. [name]Serena[/name] seems much more “trendy” than [name]Violet[/name], to me.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is wonderful! The combo has such perfect balance and flow!
I admit, I was put off by its rising popularity myself, and two years ago when I had my daugter, I actually took it off my list for this reason (well, and also it wasn’t great with my last name). But, to be honest, I don’t really see it having taken off since then, and now I don’t really think it sounds trendy at all (at the time I think there were a couple of celebrity babies with the name, but I think that association has all but disappeared). And, really, can [name]Violet[/name] ever be trendy? It’s such a classic. All things considered, I think you should absolutely go with it.
I can definitely see the purple theme (especially for the nursery). Like you, I also love purple. But if she doesn’t like purple as she gets older, I really don’t think it’s a big deal.

[name]Vi[/name] is v-eye, not vee. And you can call someone named [name]Violet[/name] [name]Vi[/name] or Vee, but I prefer [name]Vi[/name] (it’s more closely related to the sounds of her name rather than just an initial and it has such vintage charm).

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name] sounds great! And while it is true that [name]Violet[/name] is rising in popularity, I would never say it is trendy. I don’t think a name with such history and elegance could ever be trendy. Popular, maybe; trendy, no.

I hadn’t actually considered the possibility that a [name]Violet[/name] not liking purple could be a problem … and I don’t think it would. Initially I can see her receiving lots of little baby-gros in purple, but by the time she’s old enough to have an opinion about colours, she’ll be able to tell you that no, actually, she doesn’t want purple walls for her bedroom. Also, as [name]Violet[/name] is such an established name I think the association with the colour is less strong than it would be if you were picking, say, [name]Green[/name] as a name.

I would pronounce [name]Vi[/name] ‘v-eye’. I also like the nickname [name]Etta[/name] for [name]Violet[/name], which I think sounds much more sophisticated and glamorous than [name]Lettie[/name].

I like [name]Serena[/name], and there is definitely no problem with the name. Familiar but not too popular, feminine but not fussy. I do prefer [name]Violet[/name], though; I love [name]Violet[/name]!

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is very pretty and if you really like [name]Serena[/name] you could use it for a future sister for [name]Violet[/name]? I think [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Serena[/name] sound real nice together.

Personally, I don’t care for [name]Violet[/name]. It sounds too harsh to me, and all I hear is “Violent.” But [name]Adele[/name] is beautiful and I really like [name]Serena[/name] too. I do like variants of [name]Violet[/name], like [name]Violette[/name] and [name]Violetta[/name], and they are less popular, but [name]Violet[/name] itself just irks me because of the Violent association.
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Thanks all of you!
Thanks for the new suggestions, I like [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] a lot, but i will never use [name]Juliet[/name] because it remind me immediately of the literature aassociation.
I agree [name]Serena[/name] will be a good sister name, I just hope that we can have more baby to name lol, and i have to find out a middle name for it too.
I’m worried about the “Violent” association too, will she get teased about that?
For boy names, it’s my husband’s job! lol

I don’t think she would be teased about the “violent” association, personally.

As for a middle name for [name]Serena[/name], you could create an ending theme with [name]Adele[/name], and use another -el sound name. [name]Isabel/name, [name]Annabel/name, [name]Mirabelle[/name] and [name]Giselle[/name] are all lovely options in my opinion. [name]Serena[/name] [name]Giselle[/name] sounds especially lovely!

Other than that, perhaps [name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name] and :
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Maeve[/name].

[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Serena[/name] [name]Giselle[/name] is good! But I prefer [name]Serena[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] better:)
So we already have two wonderful girl names!
However, your suggestion makes it more difficult to decide on the two options…lol