Actually pregnant!

[name]Hi[/name] Berries!

I’m actually pregnant at last! We are thrilled to be expecting a sibling for [name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]. :smiley: It seems everyone we know is predicting we will have another boy, so we are focussing on boy names right now, although it’s too early to know the gender. If the baby is a boy, his name will definitely be [name]Findlay[/name]. We have been certain of that for a long time now, but are still unsure of the middle name. We want something unusual but not unheard of, that goes great with [name]Lorcan[/name], [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name]. Strong contenders are:

[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] (a little weak sounding next to [name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]?)
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] ([name]Duncan[/name] perhaps too similar to [name]Lorcan[/name], but like the common ‘c’)
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Nate[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Tobin[/name]

But we are very, very open to new suggestions! What middle name would you give to a [name]Findlay[/name] whose brother is named [name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]?

Thanks again everyone! :smiley:

Congratulations, Kath! That’s so exciting!

I love [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Marcus[/name]. I’ve forgotten if you’ve told me how long your last name is in the past, but is it best with a two-syllable middle name (like [name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]) or with a longer one?

Some I like are [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Abbott[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Adam[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Michael[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Peter[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Simon[/name], and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]. Actually, I’m a big fan of [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] all of a sudden!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks, [name]Lemon[/name]!

I think our surname is best with a two syllable middle name, like [name]Caleb[/name]. I would also love for the boys’ syllables to match.

I wonder what you think of

[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Byron[/name] / [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Biron[/name]

I quite like the idea of another unusual 2 syllable name ending in an ‘n’, to complement [name]Lorcan[/name]. Something along the lines of [name]Tobin[/name], [name]Byron[/name]/[name]Biron[/name], etc. Are there anymore great ones?

Kath xx

Thanks, [name]Lemon[/name]!

I think our surname is best with a two syllable middle name, like [name]Caleb[/name]. I would also love for the boys’ syllables to match.

I wonder what you think of

[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Byron[/name] / [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Biron[/name]

I quite like the idea of another unusual 2 syllable name ending in an ‘n’, to complement [name]Lorcan[/name]. Something along the lines of [name]Tobin[/name], [name]Byron[/name]/[name]Biron[/name], etc. Are there anymore great ones?

Kath xx[/quote]

Well, [name]Abbott[/name] is a surname, yet it’s also Hebrew, like [name]Caleb[/name] - it means “father” - but I don’t necessarily think you need to use a surname because [name]Findlay[/name] is kind of already a surname. Personally, I’d balance it with a more traditional name, like [name]Daniel[/name], but both [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Abbott[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Tobin[/name] sound perfect!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Findlay[/name] (pr like [name]Finley[/name] right?) is an awesome name! I also really love [name]Lorcan[/name]!

I think [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Tobin[/name] is just awesome, even if the ‘IN’ sounds repeat.

Congratulations, Kath!

I love the names [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Malcolm[/name], [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name], and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Marcus[/name] from your list. They all go so well with [name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]! I would also suggest [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] - so handsome!

Congrats! I really love [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Reuben[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Tobin[/name]. I do like that boy end in an “n” to tie the name back to [name]Lorcan[/name], but also I like that those are Biblical names. [name]Reuben[/name] is such an underused awesome Biblical name, and it has the same feel to me that [name]Caleb[/name] does. Other names that would fit that mold:

[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Eben[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Simon[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Jaron[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Aaron[/name]

Also, some [name]Non[/name]-n-ending, biblical middles that I think would be great:

[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Adam[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Judah[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Abram[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Eli[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Abel[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Micah[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Congrats! [name]Love[/name] [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] the most. [name]Hope[/name] [name]Greer[/name] ([name]Grier[/name]?) is still in the running for girls names?

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone!

We have narrowed it down to:

[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] (love, but is [name]Duncan[/name] TOO matchy with [name]Lorcan[/name]?)
[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Reuben[/name]/[name]Ruben[/name]/[name]Rubin[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Tobin[/name] (love)
[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Declan[/name] (love, just came to us!)

Which is the best?

Although I like the name [name]Declan[/name] better than [name]Tobin[/name], I think the [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Tobin[/name] has the best sound and flow! I find [name]Duncan[/name], [name]Reuben[/name] and [name]Malcolm[/name] more difficult for my lips to get around!. Best wishes to you!

[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Declan[/name] – My favorite!! [name]Declan[/name] reminds me of [name]Duncan[/name], without being too matchy with [name]Lorcan[/name].

We are starting to lean very heavily towards [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] - I think I’m quite in love with that name. But is Dunacn too matchy with [name]Lorcan[/name]?

[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] - I like it a lot!

:smiley:

Sorry, sent that last post too quickly! I was going to say, we also really like [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Declan[/name].

Which is better?

[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name], or [name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Declan[/name]?

[name]Hi[/name] Kath! You know what, I just said [name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] outloud, and I loved the sound of the 2 names together! So I am changing my vote to [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name]. :smiley: (And I don’t think that [name]Lorcan[/name] and [name]Duncan[/name] are too matchy.)

I don’t think [name]Lorcan[/name] and [name]Duncan[/name] are too matchy, especially as one is a middle name. [name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] are a really great set! I like [name]Findlay[/name] [name]Declan[/name] too, but I think it’s just as similar to [name]Lorcan[/name] with the c,n,l sounds. I prefer [name]Duncan[/name] over [name]Declan[/name].