Add a sentence! 🍂

I can’t believe she actually did that… nobody was ever supposed to bring up the accident, especially at the dinner table. My resolve for revenge was solidly in my mind before I even finished the thought. “How distasteful …a tragedy that could have easily been prevented had your mother not been so careless,” she said scornfully.
I snarled under my breath, ignoring her superior look. “Shut up,” I hissed. I’d show her- I’d finish what my poor mother had started.
Maia smirked at me innocently from across the table, and I had to sit on my hands to stop them from shaking. Maia’s husband looked uncomfortable “Uh, so, you’re a dancer, right?” he says, looking at me, his eyes urged me to move on the conversation. “Why, yes, I am,” I blurted out. He had a doubtful gaze. He then spoke, “I work for this agency that is looking for a dancer to hire. Would you like to join?” I could not believe it, seemingly, neither could Maia. “I would love to,” I said, and “Meet me tomorrow at Rose Avenue, 5pm,” he replied.
My plan was fool proof. I’d infiltrate the inner workings of the company that had ended my mother’s life- there was only one problem, though. I had never danced before. I made myself grin at him, but my mind was walking in overdrive, trying to figure out how I could learn in less than 24 hours. “Of course,” I murmured.
“Wonderful,” He spoke, placing his arm around Maia’s shoulder. I felt uncomfortable under his piercing green gaze- it seemed like he could see straight through my soul, and into my thoughts.
As he and Maia left that evening, I leveled glares at her behind everyone else’s back. She grinned mockingly at me; she knew all too well that I couldn’t dance. Graceful was the last word anyone would use to describe me- I was a fighter, not a dancer. And now I was in trouble.

next part of the story!

I walked down Rose Avenue, my eyes scanning the street, looking for that awful woman’s husband. He seemed to materialise out of thin air, stepping out from behind a pillar with extravagant flourish. A knowing grin unfolded across his face. “And here I was, not thinking you’d show up,” he spoke gently.
“I said I would,” I snapped, then made an effort to soften my voice. It wasn’t him I was mad at.
He clicked his tongue, glancing at me unimpressed. “My dance studio is just down the street- would you like to take a look inside?”
I winced internally, a shiver of fear running down my spine. “Of course,” I said, my voice sweet.

I can’t believe she actually did that… nobody was ever supposed to bring up the accident, especially at the dinner table. My resolve for revenge was solidly in my mind before I even finished the thought. “How distasteful …a tragedy that could have easily been prevented had your mother not been so careless,” she said scornfully.
I snarled under my breath, ignoring her superior look. “Shut up,” I hissed. I’d show her- I’d finish what my poor mother had started.
Maia smirked at me innocently from across the table, and I had to sit on my hands to stop them from shaking. Maia’s husband looked uncomfortable “Uh, so, you’re a dancer, right?” he says, looking at me, his eyes urged me to move on the conversation. “Why, yes, I am,” I blurted out. He had a doubtful gaze. He then spoke, “I work for this agency that is looking for a dancer to hire. Would you like to join?” I could not believe it, seemingly, neither could Maia. “I would love to,” I said, and “Meet me tomorrow at Rose Avenue, 5pm,” he replied.
My plan was fool proof. I’d infiltrate the inner workings of the company that had ended my mother’s life- there was only one problem, though. I had never danced before. I made myself grin at him, but my mind was walking in overdrive, trying to figure out how I could learn in less than 24 hours. “Of course,” I murmured.
“Wonderful,” He spoke, placing his arm around Maia’s shoulder. I felt uncomfortable under his piercing green gaze- it seemed like he could see straight through my soul, and into my thoughts.
As he and Maia left that evening, I leveled glares at her behind everyone else’s back. She grinned mockingly at me; she knew all too well that I couldn’t dance. Graceful was the last word anyone would use to describe me- I was a fighter, not a dancer. And now I was in trouble.

next part of the story!

I walked down Rose Avenue, my eyes scanning the street, looking for that awful woman’s husband. He seemed to materialise out of thin air, stepping out from behind a pillar with extravagant flourish. A knowing grin unfolded across his face. “And here I was, not thinking you’d show up,” he spoke gently.
“I said I would,” I snapped, then made an effort to soften my voice. It wasn’t him I was mad at.
He clicked his tongue, glancing at me unimpressed. “My dance studio is just down the street- would you like to take a look inside?”
I winced internally, a shiver of fear running down my spine. “Of course,” I said, my voice sweet. The stroll down the avenue was so calm and peaceful, yet so terrifying- I kept my head low and stayed silent until we stopped at the studio.

next part of the story!

I winced internally, a shiver of fear running down my spine. “Of course,” I said, my voice sweet. The stroll down the avenue was so calm and peaceful, yet so terrifying- I kept my head low and stayed silent until we stopped at the studio. As I stared up at the ornate door, a gust of wind blew down the street. It seemed like someone was trying to warn me of something. Impending doom ahead, I thought it must be saying. You won’t get out of this one, Alix.

[quote=“Chay, post:23, topic:424626, full:true”]

next part of the story!

I winced internally, a shiver of fear running down my spine. “Of course,” I said, my voice sweet. The stroll down the avenue was so calm and peaceful, yet so terrifying- I kept my head low and stayed silent until we stopped at the studio. As I stared up at the ornate door, a gust of wind blew down the street. It seemed like someone was trying to warn me of something. Impending doom ahead, I thought it must be saying. You won’t get out of this one, Alix.
Maia’s husband held open the door for me and beckoned for me to enter the building, and I did so- but warily. Thin, delicate-looking dancers were engaged in a rather difficult-looking dance routine. I was stunned when one of the dancers came over to me to say something.

next part of the story!

Maia’s husband held open the door for me and beckoned for me to enter the building, and I did so- but warily. Thin, delicate-looking dancers were engaged in a rather difficult-looking dance routine. I was stunned when one of the dancers came over to me to say something.
“You’re… Alix?” she asked softly, her steel-gray eyes giving nothing away. “We’ve heard a lot about you.”

1 Like

next part of the story!

“You’re… Alix?” she asked softly, her steel-gray eyes giving nothing away. “We’ve heard a lot about you.”
I felt a million thoughts swirling around in my head. My heart started beating…really fast. A little too fast, actually. Oh, shit, she’s gorgeous…no, Alix, you have to stay focused.

1 Like

next part of the story!

I felt a million thoughts swirling around in my head. My heart started beating…really fast. A little too fast, actually. Oh, shit, she’s gorgeous…no, Alix, you have to stay focused.
“Oh, really?” I said as causally as I could manage, silently cursing to myself — I was here for one reason and one reason only, and conversing with the dancers was not part of the plan.

yay, romance! (…maybe??)

2 Likes

next part of the story!

I felt a million thoughts swirling around in my head. Myheart started beating…really fast. A little too fast, actually. Oh, shit, she’s gorgeous…no, Alix, you have to stay focused.
“Oh, really?” I said as causally as I could manage, silently cursing to myself — I was here for one reason and one reason only, and conversing with the dancers was not part of the plan. “Oh, yes,” she said softly. “Lots of things,” she whispered, looking me up and down.

next part of the story!

I felt a million thoughts swirling around in my head. My heart started beating…really fast. A little too fast, actually. Oh, crap, she’s gorgeous…no, Alix, you have to stay focused.
“Oh, really?” I said as causally as I could manage, silently cursing to myself — I was here for one reason and one reason only, and conversing with the dancers was not part of the plan. “Oh, yes,” she said softly. “Lots of things,” she whispered, looking me up and down.
“Good things, I hope,” I said lightly, turning back to face the man at my side.
“If you’re finished,” he grumbled impatiently. Biting my tongue against my sarcastic response, I followed as he continued to lead his way through the studio.

I walked down [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Avenue, my eyes scanning the street, looking for that awful woman’s husband. He seemed to materialise out of thin air, stepping out from behind a pillar with extravagant flourish. A knowing grin unfolded across his face. “And here I was, not thinking you’d show up,” he spoke gently.
I winced internally, a shiver of fear running down my spine. “Of course,” I said, my voice sweet. The stroll down the avenue was so calm and peaceful, yet so terrifying- I kept my head low and stayed silent until we stopped at the studio. As I stared up at the ornate door, a gust of wind blew down the street. It seemed like someone was trying to warn me of something. Impending doom ahead, I thought it must be saying. You won’t get out of this one, [name_u]Alix[/name_u].
I felt a million thoughts swirling around in my head. [name_f]My[/name_f] heart started beating…really fast. A little too fast, actually. Oh, crap, she’s gorgeous…no, [name_u]Alix[/name_u], you have to stay focused.
“If you’re finished,” he grumbled impatiently. Biting my tongue against my sarcastic response, I followed as he continued to lead his way through the studio. “Actually, I want to get you properly trained before we start you off on your assignment. Stay in this class for a little bit, I’ll pull you out in an about an hour and we can have lunch?” Maia’s husband says. “Uh, ok Mr Brown” I reply. “Call me Damien,” he answers, with a sweet smile, but his eyes are not smiling. A tall man beckons Mr to the bar. “Right. Please position yourself at the bar.” I go behind the dancer who had spoke to me earlier. She turns around “I’m [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], it’s nice to finally meet you Alix,” The tall man interrupts. “Girls let’s show [name_u]Alix[/name_u] what we have been working on.” They scurry in to the center, [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] upfront with her white blonde hair cascading down her back. “and a 5,6,7,8, pirouette 2,3,4, 2nd position, 5,6 hold!” He yells. I can’t take my eyes of [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].

I felt a million thoughts swirling around in my head. My heart started beating…really fast. A little too fast, actually. Oh, crap, she’s gorgeous…no, Alix, you have to stay focused.
“If you’re finished,” he grumbled impatiently. Biting my tongue against my sarcastic response, I followed as he continued to lead his way through the studio. “Actually, I want to get you properly trained before we start you off on your assignment. Stay in this class for a little bit, I’ll pull you out in an about an hour and we can have lunch?” Maia’s husband says. “Uh, ok Mr Brown” I reply. “Call me Damien,” he answers, with a sweet smile, but his eyes are not smiling. A tall man beckons Mr to the bar. “Right. Please position yourself at the bar.” I go behind the dancer who had spoke to me earlier. She turns around “I’m Sylvie, it’s nice to finally meet you Alix,” The tall man interrupts. “Girls let’s show Alice what we have been working on.” They scurry in to the center, Sylvie upfront with her white blonde hair cascading down her back. “and a 5,6,7,8, pirouette 2,3,4, 2nd position, 5,6 hold!” He yells. I can’t take my eyes of Sylvie.
All of a sudden, my phone began to ring. I barely glanced at the screen before shoving it back in my bag. I couldn’t deal with my sister, not now, not here.

“If you’re finished,” he grumbled impatiently. Biting my tongue against my sarcastic response, I followed as he continued to lead his way through the studio. “Actually, I want to get you properly trained before we start you off on your assignment. Stay in this class for a little bit, I’ll pull you out in an about an hour and we can have lunch?” Maia’s husband says. “Uh, ok Mr Brown” I reply. “Call me Damien,” he answers, with a sweet smile, but his eyes are not smiling. A tall man beckons Mr to the bar. “Right. Please position yourself at the bar.” I go behind the dancer who had spoke to me earlier. She turns around “I’m Sylvie, it’s nice to finally meet you Alix,” The tall man interrupts. “Girls let’s show Alix what we have been working on.” They scurry in to the center, Sylvie upfront with her white blonde hair cascading down her back. “and a 5,6,7,8, pirouette 2,3,4, 2nd position, 5,6 hold!” He yells. I can’t take my eyes off Sylvie.
All of a sudden, my phone began to ring. I barely glanced at the screen before shoving it back in my bag. I couldn’t deal with my sister, not now, not here.
“I can’t talk to you right now, Aimee.”

I walked down [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Avenue, my eyes scanning the street, looking for that awful woman’s husband. He seemed to materialise out of thin air, stepping out from behind a pillar with extravagant flourish. A knowing grin unfolded across his face. “And here I was, not thinking you’d show up,” he spoke gently.
I winced internally, a shiver of fear running down my spine. “Of course,” I said, my voice sweet. The stroll down the avenue was so calm and peaceful, yet so terrifying- I kept my head low and stayed silent until we stopped at the studio. As I stared up at the ornate door, a gust of wind blew down the street. It seemed like someone was trying to warn me of something. Impending doom ahead, I thought it must be saying. You won’t get out of this one, [name_u]Alix[/name_u].
I felt a million thoughts swirling around in my head. [name_f]My[/name_f] heart started beating…really fast. A little too fast, actually. Oh, crap, she’s gorgeous…no, [name_u]Alix[/name_u], you have to stay focused.
“If you’re finished,” he grumbled impatiently. Biting my tongue against my sarcastic response, I followed as he continued to lead his way through the studio. “Actually, I want to get you properly trained before we start you off on your assignment. Stay in this class for a little bit, I’ll pull you out in an about an hour and we can have lunch?” Maia’s husband says. “Uh, ok Mr Brown” I reply. “Call me Damien,” he answers, with a sweet smile, but his eyes are not smiling. A tall man beckons Mr to the bar. “Right. Please position yourself at the bar.” I go behind the dancer who had spoke to me earlier. She turns around “I’m [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], it’s nice to finally meet you Alix,” The tall man interrupts. “Girls let’s show [name_u]Alix[/name_u] what we have been working on.” They scurry in to the center, [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] upfront with her white blonde hair cascading down her back. “and a 5,6,7,8, pirouette 2,3,4, 2nd position, 5,6 hold!” He yells. I can’t take my eyes off [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].
I hang up the phone. The teacher stops the music and points at the water bottles on the side. The dancers all go to the side. I walk over to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. “Hey.” [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] says, softly. “Alix, this is [name_f]Gretel[/name_f], [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] Brown.” [name_m]Brown[/name_m]. She just be [name_f]Maia[/name_f] and Damien’s daughter. “So this is Alix.” She looks judgemental.

“If you’re finished,” he grumbled impatiently. Biting my tongue against my sarcastic response, I followed as he continued to lead his way through the studio. “Actually, I want to get you properly trained before we start you off on your assignment. Stay in this class for a little bit, I’ll pull you out in an about an hour and we can have lunch?” Maia’s husband says. “Uh, ok Mr Brown” I reply. “Call me Damien,” he answers, with a sweet smile, but his eyes are not smiling. A tall man beckons Mr to the bar. “Right. Please position yourself at the bar.” I go behind the dancer who had spoke to me earlier. She turns around “I’m [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], it’s nice to finally meet you Alix,” The tall man interrupts. “Girls let’s show [name_u]Alix[/name_u] what we have been working on.” They scurry in to the center, [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] upfront with her white blonde hair cascading down her back. “and a 5,6,7,8, pirouette 2,3,4, 2nd position, 5,6 hold!” He yells. I can’t take my eyes off [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].
I hung up the phone. The teacher stopped the music and pointed at the water bottles on the side. The dancers all went to the side. I walked over to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. “Hey.” [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] said, softly. “Alix, this is [name_f]Gretel[/name_f], [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] Brown.” [name_m]Brown[/name_m]. She must have been [name_f]Maia[/name_f] and Damien’s daughter. “So this is Alix.” She looked judgemental.
I looked to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] for a second. Her expression was apologetic. “Only my friends call me Alix,” I responded scathingly, turning back to [name_f]Gretel[/name_f]. “You can call me Brizby.” Brizby was my surname. I liked to make people I didn’t like call me Brizby.

“If you’re finished,” he grumbled impatiently. Biting my tongue against my sarcastic response, I followed as he continued to lead his way through the studio. “Actually, I want to get you properly trained before we start you off on your assignment. Stay in this class for a little bit, I’ll pull you out in an about an hour and we can have lunch?” Maia’s husband says. “Uh, ok Mr Brown” I reply. “Call me Damien,” he answers, with a sweet smile, but his eyes are not smiling. A tall man beckons Mr to the bar. “Right. Please position yourself at the bar.” I go behind the dancer who had spoke to me earlier. She turns around “I’m Sylvie, it’s nice to finally meet you Alix,” The tall man interrupts. “Girls let’s show Alix what we have been working on.” They scurry in to the center, Sylvie upfront with her white blonde hair cascading down her back. “and a 5,6,7,8, pirouette 2,3,4, 2nd position, 5,6 hold!” He yells. I can’t take my eyes off Sylvie.
I hung up the phone. The teacher stopped the music and pointed at the water bottles on the side. The dancers all went to the side. I walked over to Sylvie. “Hey.” Sylvie said, softly. “Alix, this is Gretel, GretelBrown.” Brown. She must have been Maia and Damien’s daughter. “So this is Alix.” She looked judgemental.
I looked to Sylvie for a second. Her expression was apologetic. “Only my friends call me Alix,” I responded scathingly, turning back to Gretel. “You can call me Brizby.” Brizby was my surname. I liked to make people I didn’t like call me Brizby.
“Brizby?” Gretel murmured. “Like Catherine Brizby? Wasn’t there some accident or something? What happened to her?”

I hung up the phone. The teacher stopped the music and pointed at the water bottles on the side. The dancers all went to the side. I walked over to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. “Hey.” [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] said, softly. “Alix, this is [name_f]Gretel[/name_f], GretelBrown.” [name_m]Brown[/name_m]. She must have been [name_f]Maia[/name_f] and Damien’s daughter. “So this is Alix.” She looked judgemental.
I looked to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] for a second. Her expression was apologetic. “Only my friends call me Alix,” I responded scathingly, turning back to [name_f]Gretel[/name_f]. “You can call me Brizby.” Brizby was my surname. I liked to make people I didn’t like call me Brizby.
“Brizby?” [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] murmured. “Like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] Brizby? Wasn’t there some accident or something? What happened to her?”
“Shut up Gretel.” hissed [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. I knew all and well that [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] knew what happened to my Mother. [name_f]Maia[/name_f] must of gone home that night and told [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] all about mummy’s great adventure. I clench my fists.

I hung up the phone. The teacher stopped the music and pointed at the water bottles on the side. The dancers all went to the side. I walked over to Sylvie. “Hey.” Sylvie said, softly. “Alix, this is Gretel, GretelBrown.” Brown. She must have been Maia and Damien’s daughter. “So this is Alix.” She looked judgemental.
I looked to Sylvie for a second. Her expression was apologetic. “Only my friends call me Alix,” I responded scathingly, turning back to Gretel. “You can call me Brizby.” Brizby was my surname. I liked to make people I didn’t like call me Brizby.
“Brizby?” Gretel murmured. “Like Catherine Brizby? Wasn’t there some accident or something? What happened to her?”
“Shut up Gretel.” hissed Sylvie. I knew all and well that Gretel knew what happened to my Mother. Maia must of gone home that night and told Gretel all about mummy’s great adventure. I clench my fists.
I lean in close to Gretel and examine her. She’s got her mother’s upturned nose, pig eyes, and judgemental glare. I could break this bitch in an instant. I relax my fists and sigh. Stick to the plan, Alix.

Summary

ok Alix is SO COOL I’m fangirling sooo hard rn!

2 Likes

I know! Me too

“Shut up Gretel,” hissed Sylvie. I knew all and well that Gretel knew what happened to my Mother. Maia must of gone home that night and told Gretel all about mummy’s great adventure. I clench my fists.
I lean in close to Gretel and examine her. She’s got her mother’s upturned nose, pig eyes, and judgemental glare. I could break this bitch in an instant. I relax my fists and sigh. Stick to the plan, Alix.
“Yes, like Catherine Brizby,” I replied flatly. I didn’t care where I was or what plan I had to stick to, if Gretel said one more word about my mother…

@wandering_willow @soleil_de_minuit @wishmay @lemon_swirlxx
I have a request. I was wondering if I could use this idea for a story of my own. Obviously, I wouldn’t use any lines that I didn’t write and things, and the story would only stay in my google drive, but I completely respect if anyone had an objection. I’m just stuck on what to write and this is really interesting.

3 Likes

Yes…but on one condition.

You tell us what happens to the characters and about the story!!! I’d love to hear your interpretation of it!!!

1 Like