Adelaide or Adeline???

I just CANNOT decide! I really like both, originally it was [name]Adelaide[/name], but now, that me and hubby have officially decided on what other names we like. [name]Adelaide[/name] sounds out of place. A little more harsh i guess because of the sudden “d” sound at the end. [name]Adeline[/name] is very soft to me and fits in better in my opionon. Middle name would be [name]Matilda[/name]. The other names we like are; [name]Everly[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Summer[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Scarlet[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], and [name]Anastasia[/name]. WDYT? I’m leaning towards [name]Adeline[/name]. Opinons please! :slight_smile:

[name]Adeline[/name]! It’s beautiful. I don’t like place names for people as a general rule, and although I have been to [name]Adelaide[/name], and loved it, I don’t really like the look or the sound of it. [name]Adeline[/name] is much softer and more name-like, and I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]!

I’ve recently started loving [name]Adeline[/name] after hearing the song “Oh [name]Adeline[/name]” by one of my favorite bands, [name]Stephen[/name] Kellogg and the Sixers

http://www.last.fm/music/[name]Stephen[/name]%2BKellogg%2B%2526%2Bthe%2BSixers/_/Oh+[name]Adeline[/name]

Some lyrics:

I’m gonna need a second heart for all this love
Gonna need a better answer to the problems of the world
Vivid is my eyesight, it’s scary, but I’m feeling so alive

And everything is gonna be fine, fine, fine
Fine, fine, fine
Oh [name]Adeline[/name]

I like [name]Adeline[/name] better, too.

I think both are great, but I’m guessing you may encounter pronunciation issues with [name]Adeline[/name]. (I’ve heard it pronounced ad-uh-line, ad-uh-leen, and ad-uh-lynn.)

If I can only choose one, I’ll go with [name]Adeline[/name], pronunciation issues and all. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Ooh…they’re both nice! Tough decision :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Adeline[/name], and I’m not a fan of [name]Adelaide[/name]-- it sounds so harsh, and somehow reminds me of lemonade. [name]How[/name] would you be pronouncing [name]Adeline[/name]? My favorite, by far, is ad-a-leen.

I say it [name]Ad[/name]-e-line Like rhyming with [name]Madeline[/name]. But i agree, the was my issue was i felt like we had really other girl names and then harsher sounding name. Thanks everyone!