Adele?

I am totally in love with the look and feel of [name]Adele[/name]. My main concern is if she’s introducing herself, it’ll sound like she’s saying “[name]Hi[/name], I’m a dell.” Is that a real issue or am I just overly obsessing? What are your thoughts on the name? I was thinking [name]Adele[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], but haven’t run it by DH yet…

I don’t think it’ll be an issue. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Adele[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]- it’s absolutely gorgeous! PLEASE name your daughter that!

Thanks, Daisy451! I really appreciate the feedback. DH is in love with the name [name]Beatrix[/name], but I just can’t get past the “trix” in there. Reminds me of the cereal and turning tricks. :?

Anyone else with thoughts on the name [name]Adele[/name]? Would you want to have the name? (That’s something I try to think of when choosing names – would I want it for myself?)

[name]Love[/name] [name]Adele[/name] so much! I actually met my first little [name]Adele[/name] recently (mom is Russian), and I love the sound and feel of her name. It stands out so nicely among all the Kennedys and Peytons.

Thanks for the comment, phoebesmom. Now I just have to get DH on board. I figure it’d be easier if I felt more confident after hearing replies on her. Any other thoughts?

(Oops – typo in that last post (but I can’t figure out how to edit posts anymore – I thought there used to be an option for that.)

Thanks for the comment, phoebesmom. Now I just have to get DH on board. I figure it’d be easier if I felt more confident after hearing replies on here. Any other thoughts?

Okay. [name]Don[/name]'t worry about that! [name]Adele[/name] is a gorgeous name and I would’ve never thought of that or heard it. I personally find both [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Adele[/name] to be stunning. [name]Adele[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is really lovely, but I’m not feeling the [name]Adele[/name] and then [name]SophiA[/name], if you know what I mean - it’s like the ‘A’s’ are getting to me. :confused: I think [name]Adele[/name] has a strong, fierce feel to it that is so inspiring, and it’s just super gorgeous. [name]Love[/name] it.

Combos, madame?:

[name]Adele[/name] Shoshanna
[name]Adele[/name] Cleophee
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Diantha[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Yseult[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] Tisiphone
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Catarina[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Ursuline[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] Lilit
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Vesper[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]/ [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] Dulcibella
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Thekla[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Norah[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Theodosia[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Manon[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Iolanthe[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Fairfax[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Ottoline[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Brigitte[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Una[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] Lupine
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Narcissa[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Faustine[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Dolores[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name].

I love [name]Adele[/name]! I personally prefer [name]Adela[/name], but both are lovely. I don’t think being mistaken for saying “I’m a dell” is a problem, because 1. [name]Adele[/name] is a well established first name that I’m sure most people have heard of, and 2. no one goes around introducing themselves as ‘a dell’. [name]Adele[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Adele[/name]! [name]Adele[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is amazing! [name]Adele[/name] is one of my fav, unfortunately its one of my dh’s least fav… i first fell in love with it watching [name]Legend[/name] of Bagger [name]Vance[/name]. [name]Adelle[/name] is very sophisticated and beautiful. both in name and character. also love you can get nn [name]Elle[/name] out it which is also sophisticated and beautiful! hope you can convince your hub cuz i cant. good luck!

I love [name]Adele[/name], but as a middle name. Not because it isn’t first name material… the name seems to flow better when it is in the middle. But, with the trend of going by ones middle name growing, she can still go by it. I like the combo [name]Jane[/name] [name]Adele[/name].

Thanks for the responses everyone.

karenp - I’ve never seen the [name]Legend[/name] of Bagger [name]Vance[/name], but I just requested it from the library. I’m really hoping [name]Charlize[/name] [name]Theron[/name] can convince DH that [name]Adele[/name] is a great name. Hee hee… :smiley: Thanks for the tip!!

great idea! hope it works!

Very funny coincidence, we ran into a family a few weeks ago with a baby [name]Adele[/name] (and a big sister [name]Charlotte[/name]). It was the first time I’d heard of or met a little [name]Adele[/name] too, and I thought it was perfect!

I’ve loved the name [name]Adele[/name] for a long time, and I’d definitely use it if it fit with my kids’ names a little better. I imagine that if I were female I’d like having the name [name]Adele[/name] too. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name]Adele[/name] is a really pretty name. I definitely don’t think ‘a dell’ :slight_smile:
Good luck persuading your husband!

[name]Adele[/name] was on my list! I first thought of it after seeing the character on Dollhouse. She was sophisticated and strong, though pretty morally reprehensible until the end, so not a great namesake, but still.

I like [name]Adela[/name] too. It depends on the middle name. We were using [name]Rose[/name] for sure, and I thought [name]Adela[/name] [name]Rose[/name] was better than [name]Adele[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

[name]Adele[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is definitely better though!

[name]Adele[/name] is so beautiful and underused, go for it!

Thanks everyone! I’ll definitely keep you posted. DH vetoed [name]Adela[/name] because of some Mexican celebrity or newscaster (he’s Mexican), so I’m hoping that with some time he can come around to [name]Adele[/name]. I’m so glad to hear so many people like it! [name]Do[/name] you think it sounds good with [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]?

I like [name]Adele[/name] more than [name]Adela[/name] (don’t dislike it though). I think both go well with [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name].