Adrian, Augustin, Felix, or something else

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], all! I’m looking for some thoughts about my current list and for some additional name suggestions for my fourth and final baby who is a little boy. [name_f]My[/name_f] older children are…

[name_m]Clement[/name_m] [name_m]Vincenzo[/name_m]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f] [name_f]Maryelle[/name_f]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Kellen[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] three top contenders for this baby are…
[name_m]Augustin[/name_m] (likely with frequent use of the nickname Gus)
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]

I don’t totally love that I would have two kids with A names and two with C names if we use [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] or [name_m]Adrian[/name_m], but I also want to choose the best name for “this” baby and not be too swayed by initials. All my kids’ middle names honor family in some way, and we will likely use either [name_m]James[/name_m] or [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m] as a middle name for this baby. The baby will have a four syllable Italian last name that ends in -o.

Any thoughts about what fits best? Any thoughts about names we should add to the list? Everything is feeling a little stale to me right now.

2 Likes

I think [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] balances the sibset best and I’d pair it with [name_m]James[/name_m].

A few others:

[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m]
[name_m]Maximus[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m]

Hopefully these help :slight_smile:

I’d go with [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m] (this flows so well!)

I like [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m], but I prefer [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m] is very nice! Some other suggestions:

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m] [name_m]Banks[/name_m]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m] [name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m] [name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Homer[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m]
[name_m]Philo[/name_m] [name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] [name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Theophilus[/name_m] [name_m]Hudson[/name_m]

I think [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] balances sibset best, but [name_m]Felix[/name_m] would work if you don’t want repeated initial.

Ideas if you want them

Summary

[name_m]Florian[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxim[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] or [name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_m]Laurence[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
[name_m]Dorian[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and I do think it would fit well with the others but I think [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] would fit even better with the siblings’ names! I’d pair it with [name_m]James[/name_m] so [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]!

Out of the 3 my top choice would be Felix. It balnces the relative familiarity of Camilla with the classic/ ‘not quite as familiar’ of your other boys. Augustin would work too.

Adrian feels a little more popular and I dont know where you are located or if you’ve seen the popular tv show ‘Monk’ but in the show the main character was Adrian with a brother named Ambrose…the show is now off air but I read they are now making a movie about it so it’s still relevant. I personally dont think that’s a bad reference to have but something to be aware of.

I love [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]!

I like the flair of [name_m]Augustin[/name_m], the international vibes of [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] and the sweet, solid, sparky feel of [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m] would be gorgeous, or [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m]!

You might like…

[name_m]Valentine[/name_m] / [name_m]Valentin[/name_m] (nn Len?)
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] (nn Gus)
[name_m]Ivor[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Thad[/name_m] or Ted?)
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Tristan[/name_m]
[name_m]Tiernan[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Ned[/name_m], [name_m]Benny[/name_m], Beck?)

I think that [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m] would work best with the other sibling names.

I think you have great name choices for your older children and a solid pattern in terms of flare so I would be really tempted to use [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] (love the nn Gus) because it has a similar vibe to me, more so than [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] (I do love [name_m]Felix[/name_m] though). I actually think two C names and two A names are balanced and a bonus. I think on the middle either [name_m]James[/name_m] or [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m] work really well (I do like [name_m]James[/name_m] for the international versatility though) either way all your children have unique middle initials which is nice.

Interesting, I knew the main character’s name was [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] but never knew that about his brother. Thanks for sharing that with me!

1 Like

[name_m]Augustin[/name_m] [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m] would be a magnificent choice!
It sounds great with your children’s names. [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m] is a very unexpected and interesting name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m] would fit perfectly.

[name_m]Augustin[/name_m] is my pick!!

Hello! Welcome back!

Im not sure if this helps, but I’ll share that the first thing I saw in your post was the name “Adrian” and my mind immediately associated the name “Ambrose”…

… albeit as a name I was going to suggest instead of Adrian…

Anyway!
August NN’d Gus is not personally my cup of tea… but it did inspire these name options:

• Gabe (Gabriel)
  • Gavin
  • Gideon

And in general, what about:

• Blair / Blaire
  • Benjamin
  • Bellamy
  • Glen
  • Quade
  • Emmett
  • Everett

Kids with the letters A, C, and E /or/ A, C, and G has some kind of parity to it… Something about the music scale…

But yes, really I absolutely agree with you, it’a best to not be swayed either way my initials, and pick the best name for THIS baby. He will be his own person, and as an adult, no one EVER asks me the names of my siblings. It’s irrelevant. That said, if ppl making comments to YOU to the tune of “oh! So you did 2 Cs and 2 A’s !” will get under your skin… it’ll be a loong next 18+ years. #knowthyself, etc.

[name_m]Adrian[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m] for me

I think [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] is absolutely perfect!