Adriana

[name]How[/name] do we feel about [name]Adriana[/name]? Possible nn [name]Addie[/name]?

I personally don’t care for the nickname [name]Addie[/name], as I’d prefer [name]Ana[/name]. [name]Adriana[/name] is a trendy name, but it is very feminine and elegant as well! I also knew someone with this name who went by Adri (A-dree)!

Really…its trendy?

Boo… I was afraid of that.

I mean, it certainly isn’t the trendiest name in the world. It isn’t near as popular as [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name], [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name], or [name]Hayley[/name] and [name]Bailey[/name]. However, it is getting there from my experience, and it reminds me of [name]Ariana[/name]…

What about these pretty and unique alternatives?

[name]Adabella[/name] (Spanish for “lovely”) - [name]Addie[/name], [name]Ada[/name], [name]Bella[/name]
[name]Adalia[/name] ([name]German[/name] for “noble”) - [name]Ada[/name], [name]Addie[/name], [name]Lia[/name]
[name]Adamina[/name] (Hebrew for “of the [name]Earth[/name]”) - [name]Ada[/name], [name]Addie[/name], [name]Mina[/name]
Adelphie (Greek for “dearest sister”) - [name]Adele[/name], [name]Addie[/name], [name]Del[/name]
[name]Adora[/name] (Latin for “beloved one”) - [name]Addie[/name], [name]Ada[/name], [name]Dora[/name]

Then, I also know a girl whose name is [name]Adira[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like any of those as much as [name]Adriana[/name]?

I think that [name]Adriana[/name] is beautiful, and while it’s a bit popular (#124), I personally don’t find it the least bit trendy. I agree with [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] that it’s “a soft and lovely Italian choice.”

I think it’s very pretty with your last name (sounds like Barch, right?), and a great way to honor Italian heritage. (I think you said you’re Italian…) :slight_smile:

Have a good night, Ricette! :slight_smile:

Yup, you nailed it [name]Jill[/name]! :slight_smile: I like the “ana” part at the end because its my gma’s name - [name]Anna[/name] ([name]AH[/name]-na). Hubby hasn’t answered me on whether or not he likes it. His fav name is [name]Aria[/name], and I do like it but I like to see other names that are close and see what his reaction is. I definitley have favorite names of the day and today is [name]Adriana[/name]! :slight_smile: I bet tomorrow it’ll be something else. Good thing we’re not pregnant!

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]!

I was actually looking for names similar to [name]Aria[/name]! :slight_smile: Its my hubby’s favorite name, so I was just checking out the options :wink: Unfortunatley, none of the names you suggested really hit me like [name]Adriana[/name] did. I [name]Love[/name] [name]Adeline[/name], though. Its my gma’s middle name. :slight_smile:

Oh, that’s okay! I thought you wanted something that shortened to [name]Addie[/name]! [name]Aria[/name] is very pretty, and I see that you like names ending in -ana - good thing there are plenty of those! Perhaps [name]Ariana[/name] or [name]Adriana[/name] are your names then…

I totally agree! Beautiful names

Oh, sorry. I didn’t really word that well, huh! :slight_smile: Hubby doesn’t like [name]Ariana[/name] because he knew someone with the name and didn’t like them…I guess. Weirdo :slight_smile:

I don’t think this is really your style, but I just stumbled upon an [name]Indian[/name] Sanskrit name, Archana. It is said somewhat how it looks, but a bit more like ar (rhymes with sir) - cha (rhymes with duh) - na (rhymes with pa). I thought it was a pretty unique name, but it might not sound good with the last name if it rhymes with Barch.

[name]Adriana[/name] is a very pretty name, and I didn’t mean to suggest otherwise earlier! It is just a bit trendy in my personal experience.

Yeah, not really my style. I appreciate you thinking of me, though!
Honestly, I’m here to find others honest opinions so you could have totally told me you HATED the name and I’d listen to you whole heartedly. You’re definitley allowed to express your true feelings to me. I don’t mind! :slight_smile: Thank you for being honest, and I’m glad you think it’s pretty :slight_smile: I’m not pregnant, so this isn’t an urgent matter. (though it might become that considering the number of names the hubby shoots down, LOL!)

You’re welcome! (Hang on…I dropped a peanut M&M! Okay…All’s well…) :slight_smile:

Would [name]Adriana[/name] be instead of [name]Adeline[/name]? Is it two grandmas in one? ([name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]?)

I love Italian names! :slight_smile:

Have a good night/morning! :slight_smile:

You know what? [name]Adriana[/name] is really growing on me! I think the issue is I really don’t care for [name]Ariana[/name] or [name]Audriana[/name], which are rather close, but [name]Adriana[/name] is elegant, feminine, and cute! I personally like the nickname Adri (it’s a bit more tomboyish), but [name]Ana[/name] is a classic beauty.

I know you aren’t pregnant yet, but I have a few more for you to peruse: [name]Aiyana[/name], [name]Alana[/name], and [name]Aliana[/name]…

Whew! [name]Glad[/name] you were quick on the M&M recovery! (Oh how I wish I could eat one of those! Unfortunatley I’m currently trying to lose weight. 15 pounds down!)
Yeah, I was thinking [name]Adriana[/name] could possibly take over for [name]Adeline[/name] and somehow get [name]Anna[/name] in there. Last night [name]Dan[/name] (the hubby) said he likes [name]Adriana[/name] better than [name]Adeline[/name]. (Which makes me a little sad, but we’ll go with it for now!) [name]Adeline[/name] is my mom’s mom’s mn, and [name]Anna[/name] ([name]Ah[/name]-na) is my Dad’s mom’s name (the Italian side). If we would do something like this, than [name]Alice[/name] would be the middle name. ([name]Both[/name] of [name]Dan[/name]'s gma’s are named [name]Alice[/name]). Wow…was that confusing?

PS - I love Italian names, too! There’s some fun ones in my extended family!

Hmmm…[name]Aliana[/name] intrigues me. My sister’s name is [name]Alia[/name]…prolly too close, huh? [name]Aiyana[/name] looks really cool, but I’m concerned about pronounciation. Our puppy is named [name]Kyra[/name] (not hard to say, right!) and our families have the darndest time with it. My husband’s grandparents just call her “the little one” Haha! And my grandparents have such a thick Italian accent that everything is difficult for them. When they say [name]Kyra[/name] there’s a whole lot of R in there :slight_smile: [name]Alana[/name] is really pretty, but I think it might be too plain for me. I like a little flair in the names :slight_smile: Thanks for all the great suggestions. This is really fun!! :slight_smile:

I have to think about the nn Adri… [name]Do[/name] you say [name]AH[/name]-dree or A-dree or something else entirely?
do you think [name]Addie[/name] would work? I really like [name]Addie[/name]…

[name]Adriana[/name] is pretty, don’t like [name]Addie[/name] though. My cousin’s name is [name]Adriana[/name] and we call her Adri for short.

1. Adri is said like the letter A + [name]DREE[/name], with the accent on the A.

2. Personally, I don’t care for the nickname [name]Addie[/name], which is why I was suggesting alternatives. For some reason, it seems dated (colonial) and, even though I generally like “vintage” names, this one doesn’t sit well with me. But, it isn’t my child, so I don’t really have license to choose her nickname, do I?

3. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Kyra[/name]? Is it like [name]Keira[/name]? [name]KEER[/name]-ah? Or is it [name]KY[/name]-rah? I’m assuming it is like [name]Kyra[/name]. I really thought [name]Aiyana[/name] was beautiful, and if you want it to match your puppy’s name, then it really goes well! [name]Aiyana[/name] is said pretty much how it looks - AYE-ahn-nuh - and is an Ethiopian name meaning [name]Flower[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] (so cute!).

4. [name]Aliana[/name] is very pretty, even if it is close to your sister, [name]Alia[/name]. Does you sister go by her full name? If so, your little [name]Aliana[/name] could go by [name]Ali[/name] or [name]Ana[/name], both pretty, fun, and spunky nicknames.

5. A word of caveat. I think I read that [name]Alice[/name] would be the middle name if you didn’t go with [name]Adeline[/name]. I personally don’t think that names ending in A should be put with middle names beginning with A, as this results in flow issues in my experience. [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Ariana[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Aliana[/name] [name]Alice[/name] (with that name, you pretty much don’t need [name]Alice[/name] since it is in there!). See what I mean? [name]Just[/name] my opinion, and Lecea is a name with the same meaning as [name]Alice[/name]…

Good luck (even though you aren’t expecting yet)!

I know that a lot of people don’t like the double A, and its not the best flow in the world, but I’m willing to overlook it since it’s a family name. I would mean a lot to my hubby to use it. I just think nothing else would feel right…ya know? And since you hardly ever say your FULL name I think it’ll be okay. I don’t want to sacrifice a first name I really love because of the double A. Thanks for mentioning it, though!

[name]Aiyana[/name] is very pretty! But, I can see hubby shooting it down… ususally if he has to ask how to pronounce its an automatic no. We say [name]Kyra[/name] as [name]KEER[/name]-a. We got her before I was enlightened by nameberry…thus the uncommon spelling. :slight_smile: My mom accidentally misspelled it once to Krya…I totally call her CRY-a some times now. HaHa! Especially when she’s whining :wink:

[name]Alia[/name] always goes by her full name (uh-[name]LEE[/name]-ah) except for when my mom messes up our names. LOL! We’ve come to terms with the fact that we just need to answer to Eralia ([name]Erica[/name] + [name]Alia[/name]).

I know that a lot of people don’t like the double A, and its not the best flow in the world, but I’m willing to overlook it since it’s a family name. I would mean a lot to my hubby to use it. I just think nothing else would feel right…ya know? And since you hardly ever say your FULL name I think it’ll be okay. I don’t want to sacrifice a first name I really love because of the double A. Thanks for mentioning it, though!

[name]Aiyana[/name] is very pretty! But, I can see hubby shooting it down… ususally if he has to ask how to pronounce its an automatic no. We say [name]Kyra[/name] as [name]KEER[/name]-a. We got her before I was enlightened by nameberry…thus the uncommon spelling. :slight_smile: My mom accidentally misspelled it once to Krya…I totally call her CRY-a some times now. HaHa! Especially when she’s whining :wink:

[name]Alia[/name] always goes by her full name (uh-[name]LEE[/name]-ah) except for when my mom messes up our names. LOL! We’ve come to terms with the fact that we just need to answer to Eralia ([name]Erica[/name] + [name]Alia[/name]).[/quote]

That’s hilarious! Eralia! (Oh, Krya is pretty fantastic, too!)

My sister and I are twins and my mom still never messes up our names - thank goodness I don’t have to deal with that!

And, if you love [name]Alice[/name], and it is special to you, then go for it!