Ads

Lately I’ve had so many ads in the forums that it bothers the experience. I’ve had ads on top of the “reply” button so that I can’t respond to topics and on the top of the search button and the button that allows me to go see new topics. I don’t really mind the ads, but it’s becoming frustrating that they block me from using certain functions.

7 Likes

There are so many ads since yesterday. There are random ads between replies which make topics harder to navigate and read.

7 Likes

I am seeing this too. I’m afraid I don’t know much about the ad side of things, but generally speaking this time of year is the busiest in terms of ads. I’ll ask if there’s been any further changes.

2 Likes

Installing a free adblocker extension for chrome really improved my experience and sped up the site for me.

3 Likes

i don’t mind the number of the ads, i know you can’t help that, but is there any way to make it so that they’re possible to close? half the time clicking the x button to close them won’t work on mobile, and the ads are on top of the reply button. so i have to refresh the page every other time i want to reply to something

2 Likes

Yes!! This happened to me and I installed an ad blocker on my phone. [name_m]Ive[/name_m] had one on my laptop for a while but never thought to do it on my phone. I used the app BlockBear but there are a bunch of different ones to choose from.

2 Likes

This is not something we can control. As I understand it, we have slots for ads on our site, but these are filled by an ad partner and the X (or lack thereof) is part of the ad itself.

1 Like

Ooh that makes sense. Maybe the ad could be moved so it’s not at the bottom of the screen where it covers the Reply button? I know nothing about this so sorry if I’m talking nonsense though :grimacing:

1 Like

Thanks for commenting this, I’ve installed an ad blocker. It was easy to do and NB is navigable again - woop :slight_smile:

1 Like