Advice for baby girl name!

We are expecting our 3rd, a girl, due in [name]December[/name] and are floundering with naming her! Her in utero name is “Rosebud”, and our other kids’ names are [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Evan[/name]. Last name starts with an R and is a mouthful! Below are the names we are considering:

[name]Caroline[/name]–husband not overly fond of, but I love
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]–(means ‘rose’ in modern Hebrew, but am not sure I like the probable shortening to [name]Susie[/name] and hubby not fond of Sannah as a nickname)
[name]Hannah[/name]–fear it’s too popular
[name]Tessa[/name]

Middle name possibilities: [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Paige[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Noelle[/name] (for [name]December[/name] babe), [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name]

Thanks in advance!!

[name]Caroline[/name]–husband not overly fond of, but I love - I think [name]Caroline[/name] is lovely; also love the simliar [name]Coraline[/name] - perhaps your husband would like that?
[name]Jane[/name] - a bit too common fms, I like [name]Jayne[/name]
[name]Laura[/name] - I know way too many Lauras, although it is a classic feminine sweet sounding name
[name]Susannah[/name]–(means ‘rose’ in modern Hebrew, but am not sure I like the probable shortening to [name]Susie[/name] and hubby not fond of Sannah as a nickname) - I think [name]Susannah[/name] is very cute, I also dont like nn [name]Susie[/name], but I have never heard nn sannah for it
[name]Hannah[/name]–fear it’s too popular - I know a lot of Hannahs in our area, I wouldnt use it b/c of that, but if u love it, it is a nice classic; also possibly simliar [name]Anna[/name] would be possibility? or what about [name]Anya[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this, I think [name]Tessa[/name] is sweet, feminine

For your mn possibilities I love [name]Noelle[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name] (a bit too popular fms)
[name]How[/name] about [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]? That is one of my top choices! I just think it goes so well together

Thanks, kristyn! [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] are definitely at the top; have not been sure how [name]Tessa[/name] would ‘age’ when she’s older/grown up, but I think the inevitable transformation to [name]Tess[/name] would be fine really! And [name]Susie[/name] or [name]Sue[/name] is what I know [name]Susannah[/name] would end up being, which worries me!

Well, obviously, I really like [name]Jane[/name]. I think it sounds nice with your other children’s names too. With my 3rd daughter, I considered naming her [name]Jane[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] so I love this combination. [name]Jane[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] also sound very pretty too. I also really like [name]Caroline[/name] as a first name. It was one of my husband’s favorites and we considered it for our 4th baby, but I wasn’t crazy about any of the nicknames … and [name]Caroline[/name] seems like the kind of name that would end up having a nickname.

My vote is for [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]…cute!

[name]Jane[/name] is nice. Sweet, simple, and smart.

I really like [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name]. Since you said your surname is a mouthful, those names are pretty simple so they will probably complement that well. As for [name]Hannah[/name] being too popular, it’s not much more popular than [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Claire[/name], and I think it sounds really good with their names. My favorite combinations are [name]Jane[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Paige[/name].

I like [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Hannah[/name] is a name I love regardless of it’s popularity. I did know a little girl named [name]Susannah[/name], and I never heard anyone call her anything but [name]Susannah[/name]–and I think it’s a darling name, btw! Besides, what about the nn ‘[name]Anna[/name]’ if one was used?

Have you considered calling her [name]Rosie[/name] or [name]Rose[/name]? That would be cute and they are both simple names to go with a mouthful of a surname as you say. I guess you may not like the double R though…From your list I like [name]Laura[/name] or [name]Hannah[/name] best with [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Evan[/name]. I would have said [name]Caroline[/name] to be shorted to [name]Carrie[/name] but I think it’s too similar to [name]Claire[/name]…what about [name]Laura[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name]?

[name]Hi[/name] there! I thought I might weigh in :slight_smile:

[name]Caroline[/name]-I love this name! To me, it just sounds classy!
[name]Jane[/name]-This is a nice name … to me it is more of a middle name. If you did select it as a first name, maybe a middle with more oomph (sp?) to spice [name]Jane[/name] up.
[name]Laura[/name]-My least favorite off your list. I don’t have great associations with this name …
[name]Susannah[/name]-I know this is a popular one with many Berries, but it just sounds like an older lady’s name to me.
[name]Hannah[/name]-I love [name]Hannah[/name]! It is popular for sure - but there are reasons that names become so popular. This is a beautiful name!
[name]Tessa[/name]-This one might be my favorite off your list. It’s different, easily rolls of the tongue and is just lovely!

Another name you might consider for your little rosebud: [name]Rosalie[/name] … I know it doesn’t seem to quite fit with your style, but I think it might be a nice way to tie in her “in utero” name :slight_smile: … even in the middle name position.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks again…when we found out what this babe’s gender was at the ultrasound, my husband said “Let’s name her [name]Hannah[/name]!”, and I was concerned about the popularity factor but really feel its popularity may be waning compared to 5 years ago. But I’ve been balking for some reason though I do love the name. This is our last baby and it has been a real struggle to find something ‘perfect’ for her. But [name]Tessa[/name] is his current favorite–his vote is [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Paige[/name] right now. I just worry that it doesn’t age well like the others below and is possibly too cutesy. The other struggle is that our other 2 kids are products of family names, and the family names we have left (though some are quite remote) are: [name]Jane[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Grace[/name] (hubby doesn’t like, but [name]Hannah[/name] is hebrew for [name]Grace[/name]), [name]Laura[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Dessa[/name] (thought [name]Tessa[/name] would be a good substitute), and [name]Caroline[/name] is a combo of the grandmother’s names (but I too agree the nicknames are too close to that of daughter [name]Claire[/name]'s name with [name]Carrie[/name] and [name]Caro[/name], etc). I have thought about [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] but they sound really horrid with our last name and just can’t do that to our kid! [name]Even[/name] as a middle name [name]Rose[/name] just doesn’t flow! Sadly! We also have a niece named [name]Annabel[/name], so we feel like we can’t use [name]Anna[/name] (which we also like).

Regardless, I really do appreciate your input!