after 3 boys a girl!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries!

We are so excited to be expecting a girl after our 3 wonderful boys. We are having a really hard time with names and would so very much appreciate your help!

I love feminine names with an English background. My husband is Austrian and we also live in [name_f]Austria[/name_f], which means the name needs to work in both languages (not that I expect anyone to know how to figure that out who doesn’t speak [name_m]German[/name_m]). Our kids all have family names as middle names and we want to continue this tradition. It is “my turn” as far as using a name from my family for this and those we like are [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Celia[/name_f] (my grandmothers). My mother is [name_f]Terri[/name_f] [name_u]Rene[/name_u], so perhaps there is a way to use a version of her name/s as a middle name.

Our Boys
[name_m]Lukas[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Josef[/name_m]

I love
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (my husband doesn’t)
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] (so overused…)
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] (is it too similar to [name_m]Lukas[/name_m]?)
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] (too simple?)
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] ([name_f]Elsy[/name_f])
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

Thank you all a million for any and all ideas you might have for us!!

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Erin[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]/[name_f]Gracie[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]/[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]

[name_m]LUKAS[/name_m], [name_m]WILLIAM[/name_m], [name_m]HENRY[/name_m], and…
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Celia[/name_f]/[name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Teresa[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Celia[/name_f]/[name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]?) [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Celia[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]/[name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Celia[/name_f]/[name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Celia[/name_f]/[name_f]Renee[/name_f]/[name_f]Therese[/name_f]

Oh I think [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] would be perfect. Old English name with [name_m]German[/name_m] roots. Sounds lovely with your boys too. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is also nice with your boys.

First of all congrats on your baby girl and also I love your naming style!
A sister to [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Josef[/name_m]

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name, it’s such a beautiful and elegant name, why dosen’t your husband like it? I guess the only downside to it is that it’s extremely popular.

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] - I agree with you even though it’s a lovely name, people tend to overuse it. Maybe [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] instead?

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] - So I’m probably biased when it comes to this name, because it’s my name and I absolutely love it. I don’t think it’s too similar to [name_m]Lukas[/name_m], but I can see your reasoning.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] - Also another name I love, it’s not too simple. It has a lovely meaning. It means light and that ties well together with [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] that also means light.

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] - I prefer this spelling over [name_f]Elsy[/name_f]. It’s pretty adorable name. My niece is named [name_f]Elsa[/name_f].

[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] - Honestly I have a hard time pronouncing this name. I prefer [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] to [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f].

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - This is also a very lovely name, sounds very feminine.

I think that a name ending with -a, sounds better than an -ee ending.

Ex: [name_m]Lukas[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] sounds better than
Ex: [name_m]Lukas[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], there’s to much of -ee sound.

Here are some other names that you might like.
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Klara[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]/[name_f]Hanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Inez[/name_f]/[name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]/[name_f]Johanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephina[/name_f]/[name_f]Josefina[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]/[name_f]Mathilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Ofelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]

Oh why not [name_f]Celia[/name_f] or [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] as a first name! It is such a beautiful name and goes quite well with your boys… congratulations by the way :slight_smile: it must be very exciting for you!

Congratulations! I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]/[name_f]Viktoria[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]/[name_f]Mathilde[/name_f] would all sound nice with your lovely boys names.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] is beautiful! I adore it!

I love all of the names on your list, as well as your boys’ names - you have wonderful taste!

I do find [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] a bit overused, but all of the others on your list are gorgeous. My personal favourite with your boys’ names is probably [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. It feels a bit more characterful and interesting than [name_f]Nora[/name_f], but is just as sophisticated. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] are gorgeous too, but they feel a bit more elaborate than your boys’ names, and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] feels a bit too informal.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] would be a gorgeous combo, or how about [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] (includes the “[name_u]Win[/name_u]-” from [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] + the “Ter-” from [name_f]Terri[/name_f])?

[name_f]Leonor[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Frieda[/name_f]/[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Livia[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Carla[/name_f]/[name_f]Karla[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]/[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Carlotta[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Odelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]/[name_f]Eleni[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Marlena[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]

I really love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and think it flows really well with your other children., how about [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Rene[/name_u]?

Also [name_f]Edith[/name_f] has that English feel that you are looking for and works beautifully with the middle names, [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] or [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Rene[/name_u].

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] is also very pretty and has a beautiful flow with your middle name options, [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_u]Rene[/name_u].

I also feel [name_f]Terri[/name_f] could be a fun middle name option too, how about [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Terri[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Terri[/name_f].

Congrats on [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Girl!