After Liv & Elliott

Hello Berries,

No baby on the way, just dreaming about the perfect sibset. [name_f]My[/name_f] current choice for a boy would be [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]. I was wondering what girl names would nicely complete the sibset. I’m looking for something international, not too girly, not too popular, not too french or too scandinavian. Easy to wear, same pronunciation in [name_u]French[/name_u] and [name_f]English[/name_f]. Boho or vintage vibes.

Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Thelma[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Brune[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & Esmée or Edmée
[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Suzie[/name_f]

We also have [name_f]Moira[/name_f], [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], Rosamée, [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Boheme[/name_f], [name_f]Olga[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_u]Augustine[/name_u], Isild, but not sure I see these names on my hypothetical babies.

Thank you!

• Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
  • Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Alma[/name_f]
  • Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Thelma[/name_f]
  • Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_u]Billie[/name_u]
  • Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
  • Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
  • Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  • Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Brune[/name_f]
  • Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & Esmée or Edmée
  • Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Suzie[/name_f]

0 voters

1 Like

I love [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_u]Billie[/name_u]

Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_u]Billie[/name_u] would be such a cute sibset and it’s my overall favourite but I can’t get past the association to [name_u]Billy[/name_u] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u].

Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_f]Alma[/name_f] is also really sweet

1 Like

I like either [name_u]Billie[/name_u] or [name_f]Freya[/name_f] for you.

My favourite is Esmée

Liv, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] &…
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]: too similar to [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] as both names have an “l” followed by “tt”
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]: compliments both names well
[name_f]Thelma[/name_f]: the “th” won’t be pronounced the same in both languages
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]: I just don’t feel like this name fits
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]: no obvious conflicts, but you mentioned wanting to avoid Scandinavian names
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]: shares the “ell” syllable with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], but that isn’t a big deal; the “g” might be pronounced differently in [name_u]French[/name_u] (but I don’t know enough to say for sure)
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]: I like this name a lot, but feels too long next to [name_f]Liv[/name_f] especially since [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] is also 3 syllables
[name_f]Brune[/name_f]: could work, but feels to me to be a bit grotesque and harsh in [name_f]English[/name_f]
[name_f]Suzie[/name_f]: cute, but really dated

I really love the name [name_f]Alma[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is perfect for the set. If I were you, I would eliminate the -elle and -ette names because of how close to [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] they are.

Freya!

I like [name_f]Colette[/name_f] or [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]!

Freya is my least favorite and my husband’s favorite name. Somebody is going to get excited lol. It sounds too Scandinavian in my opinion :woman_shrugging:t2:

I don’t mind similar soundings if the names are different enough. I would not go with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], [name_u]Everest[/name_u] & [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Alma[/name_f] & [name_f]Thelma[/name_f] or [name_f]Colette[/name_f] & [name_m]Collin[/name_m]. But [name_f]Colette[/name_f] / [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] & [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] aren’t too close for me, especially in [name_u]French[/name_u].

All the names are going to have a slight difference for the pronunciation (Ess-mae VS Ez-mae, [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-l-ma VS All-ma, etc). The TH isn’t a big problem. I was more worried about [name_f]Brune[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. Are they like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] or [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], where the pronunciations are completely different?

Thank you for your opinions!

I don’t know the [name_u]French[/name_u] pronunciation, and for reference I’m an American who only knows [name_f]English[/name_f]. I would pronounce [name_f]Brune[/name_f] to rhyme with soon, but I would not be surprised to find out that there is a light -uh/-eh sound at the end. I pronounce [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] as [name_f]Mare[/name_f]-i-gold. The I sound is short, and thus different than the final sound in [name_f]Mary[/name_f].