Agatha, Ariel, and Sara -- oh my!

I came across the cast list for a play at a community center near me. I think the kids are in elementary school. I don’t remember all the names, but I recall that there were two Saras and one [name]Sara[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]; an [name]Ariel[/name], an [name]Ariela[/name], and an [name]Ariella[/name]; and, surprisingly, an [name]Agatha[/name]. There was also a Katriella. Is this a legit name, or just a smush of [name]Katrina[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name]?

I know a sib-set (in the United States) who are:

[name]Agatha[/name] nn [name]Aggie[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] nn [name]Cliff[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]

All three of the kids are under 5 years old, and were all named after family members. They are adorable kids, but I couldn’t get past [name]Aggie[/name] and [name]Cliff[/name] on such small children…

Katriella is a variant of Katriel- a real Hebrew name meaning “crowned by God”

Thanks, Unicorngal! To think, I just almost accused a perfectly legitimate name of being a smush… [name]How[/name] is it pronounced?

I am not sure of pronunciation. I think it would be “[name]Kat[/name]-RI-el-la”. Can anyone else verify that?

I have a daughter named Katriella (3 1/2). I found it in a Hebrew baby name book when I was 16 and knew someday I’d name a daughter that. [name]Seven[/name] years later I did! We pronounce it [name]Kay[/name]-tri-ella, but I think [name]Kat[/name]-ri-ella is probably the correct way. I just prefer the sound of [name]Kay[/name]-tri-ella to [name]Kat[/name]-ri-ella.

[name]Agatha[/name] is one of my very favorite names! Unfortunately, it is very popular where I live.

[name]Ariel[/name] is a guilty pleasure- I adore all Disney princess movies, especially The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid. :smiley: