Agatha Plum

What do you think about the name [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]? [name_f]My[/name_f] husband actually suggested it, and I think it’s darling. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it ages well?

What other middle names would you suggest for [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]? We like earthy names that people commonly refer to as “witchy”. :joy:

5 Likes

I think Plum can be charming in a slight eccentric way, however, it also reminds me of plump which could be unfortunate.
I do generally like the combo though, Agatha has a certain sophisticated harshness, if I may call it that, sound-wise, which pairs well with the very warm and deep imagery of Plum.

3 Likes

Oh it’s amazing!!!

I love witchy names too. :wink:

This combo is so purple-y and perfect. I’d be so pleased and so excited to meet an [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]. Gah just gorgeous!!!

2 Likes

So sweet, I like her eccentric, clunky feel and think she’s just darling! I actually find her vintage and cool as opposed to witchy.

2 Likes

Gah absolutely gorgeous! I love!!!

2 Likes

I think it’s very upper crust and artsy - reminds me (in a good way) of a UK designer and heir who just called her baby Plum Esther - but Agatha Plum flows better. (I’d personally prefer Esther Plum or another witchy/vintage first because I don’t like the “Ag” sound and wouldn’t want a kid called “Aggie” - but it’s a very cool name that will only get better as the child ages, which is what you want!).

1 Like

Oh my gosh I am just so in love with [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] !

One of my favourite authors is [name_f]Plum[/name_f] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m] . She wrote a book called “ they left us everything” .

This one is a total keeper and I love that your partner suggested it.

I think other names that have that witchy earth vibe you are going for

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Belladonna[/name_f]

1 Like

i find it adorable!
witchy names are always a bonus, plus, i am a fan of witchy names + cutesy middles!

1 Like

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is super cute and sassy - and while [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is pretty cutesy, I think with clunky-classic and witchy [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] in front of it, it works just fine :slight_smile: It does however remind me a bit of an amateur detective (I think it’s the [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] Raisin/Agatha Christie/Professor Plum/Miss [name_m]Lemon[/name_m] associations?)

If I were to suggest some other ideas:

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Maven[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_m]Penrose[/name_m]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Kestrel[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Winter[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_m]Sol[/name_m]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Lupine[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Romy[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]

2 Likes

I struggle with the leading “Ag” sound too. It is so harsh to my ears. One of our children is named [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], and I had such a hard time softening to the leading gruff “Grif”.

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f] instantly went on my list! We have [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f] on the list, but I think [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f] is even better!

2 Likes

I am swooning soooo hard over [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f].

So sorry! I think I accidentally replied to someone else’s comment under yours! [name_f]Baby[/name_f] brain is so real these days.

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] is a precious name! [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] sounds lovely. [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f], sweet and fresh. That’s a wonderful suggestion from your husband.

I love the suggestion of [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]! It was my first thought when I read your post.

I think you may also like:
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Flower[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_m]Sparrow[/name_m]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Solstice[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Cinnamon[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Tulip[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Dove[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Sunflower[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Prairie[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Rue[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_m]Sterling[/name_m]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Nightingale[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_m]Moss[/name_m]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Marvel[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Lotus[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] Wisdow
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_m]Mel[/name_m]

1 Like

I meant [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_m]Wisdom[/name_m]! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I love it so much! [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is absolutely darling and I love the witchy feeling she has. Would love to name a daughter this!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is gorgeous! I love the imagery it brings to mind.

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is darling! I love the idea of a little [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] growing into [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], and I’ve had soft spot for [name_f]Plum[/name_f], and think it sounds delightful paid with [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]

Sorry for any repeat suggestions:

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_m]Salem[/name_m]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Hester[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Hestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f]

Like @Greyblue I defs get the amateur detective thing from the same associations! It was my first thought. That’s not directly a bad thing though - it’s more that it confers it with a bit of a theatrical, invented-for-character vibe for me. That aside, I think it’s pretty spectacular :blush:. I don’t mind [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] and love its patrician sturdiness that would stand out a mile against a sea of Lily’s, Mia’s, Isabelle’s and Olivia’s, but if it were me I think I’d be looking for something else similarly clunky-cool / patrician / heritage / dark academia / witchy to avoid the above association / feel and the nn [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] which I’m not keen on. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thoughts are [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f], [name_f]Eldora[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] or [name_f]Eudora[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] but there are so many more - [name_f]Imelda[/name_f] :heart_eyes:, [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] etc - I had [name_f]Eldora[/name_f] [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] as a combo. I’d defs see it as an amazing starting point (and I’d be keeping [name_f]Plum[/name_f] :heart:) - would’ve loved to have suggestions of this calibre when name-hunting because it’s absolutely on my wavelength, I can only applaud dad and I’d defs be encouraging him. But hey if this is the one, look no further. Go dad :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]! [name_m]Super[/name_m] gorgeous and classic!