Age at first kid?

I had just turned 29 when my son was born.

Still a way off, but I would like to have one before 30, and the second 2/3 years later. I’m not sure how realistic that is, as I will be 23 when I graduate, it would take a few years to get a house, and probably a couple more before marriage. While I definitely dont want to wait over 10 years to have a baby, I also know I want to be stable. I definitely want a house first, and marriage would be nice so that theres no confusion on which surname to give the baby ”

My husband and I were both 23 when our first was born, 26 when our second was born, and will be 29 when our third is born (Due [name_u]March[/name_u] 2020). We got married at 21. We were high school sweethearts and have been together for 13 years this year.

I was 25 when my LO was born. I felt very stable and ready and we planned conception for well over a year before trying, and thankfully conceived right away.

In my ideal world, I will have three children (one of whom will be adopted) by my 30th birthday. I am 27.5 now, so we will see how these next couple years actually play out.

1 Like

We have already decided we are going to start trying after our wedding as we will need IUI or IVF with being a same sex couple.

If I fall pregnant that same year I’ll be 30 when they’re born which is my ideal age to become a mum.

So fingers crossed things work out that way! :blush:

1 Like

I was 22 when our first was born, and our second arrived shortly after my 24th birthday.

I was 22 when I got pregnant and 23 when [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] was born. It was an unplanned, unexpected pregnancy that ended up being the best thing of my life. It wasn’t without it’s challenges (we still have many, mainly financial), but I had a lot of support from my [name_f]Nanna[/name_f] and after she was born from her dad and his family, which was a big surprise.

#1 at 33
#2 at 34
#3 at 37
#4 on the way at 41

5 Likes

My first was born a few months after I turned 27.

I wanted to have our first when I was 28, but getting pregnant took longer than expected. I’ll be 30 when my first is born, and my husband will have just turned 32. A lot of our high school classmates married young and started having kid right away so although I know im not “old” it still feels like im late to the game.

I will be 29 and my husband will be 27 when our little one comes in [name_f]February[/name_f]. I had hoped to start earlier but financially this is the perfect time.

I was 31 when our first was born.

My mum was 37 when she had my sister and 3 days shy of 40 when she had me.

Ideally I’d like my first some time around 29-30, then maybe one or two more (33ish, 36ish). But we’ll see, I’m currently 25 so it’s a way off yet.

I was 24 with my first, and have had a handful of others since then, in a span of about 9 years.

I was 23 :slight_smile:

I was 34 with my first, hubby was 46. She was a welcome miracle. We’d both previously been married with no children, and I battled cancer at 27.

Number two is on their way and I’ll be 37 and hubby 49 when they’re born. Hubby doesn’t look or feel his age though. I didn’t either before number one! :smiley:

3 Likes

I was 22. She will be our one and only.

No kids yet, but S/O and I are hoping to welcome our first before we hit 30. I graduate just before my 26th birthday, at which point we’re hoping to already be living together (saving for a house now). He has a steady career and has been in it for a few years, so once I get myself settled, we’ll likely start. We’ll probably be around 27 when we get married (his words, not mine) and begin trying around that.

Since nothing in my life is planned, I would either have a baby next year or in twenty. Nobody knows.
Wishfully I would prefer to have my kids when Iam in my early 30s.

I’ll be 23 when baby is born.