Aiken: Aiden's successor?

I met a little [name]Aiken[/name] the other day. Yes, as in [name]Clay[/name] [name]Aiken[/name]. I’m wondering if we’ll be seeing more Aikens (and Aykens, Akens, and Aikyns for that matter!) as an offshoot of the [name]Aiden[/name] epidemic? Does anyone else know a little [name]Aiken[/name]?

I don’t know any little Aikens but I just read the title of this to my husband before I opened it and he said “And then we could have Jaiken, Graiken, Snaiken…” I hope this doesn’t become a trend. All I think of is [name]Clay[/name] [name]Aiken[/name]. And that old dog food commercial where the dog is “achin’ for some bacon”.

I could see it happening, though I hope it doesn’t.
Trendy names never do seem to radically change, instead tweaking little bits and pieces to become “unique”. For example, [name]Jaden[/name] became trendy as a successor to [name]Jason[/name], [name]Kaelyn[/name] became trendy as a successor to [name]Kaitlyn[/name], and so on.

Snaiken”awesome :wink: I hope it doesn’t happen as well…but I fear it might! Good point about trends involving tweaking over time. I think a lot of trends happen that way, not just “yoonik” names (i.e. [name]Ella[/name] turning to [name]Bella[/name] turning to [name]Stella[/name]).

Snaiken…LOL! [name]Aiken[/name] sounds like “aching” without the g ("achin’ "). If someone came up to me and said, “[name]Hi[/name]. I’m [name]Aiken[/name],” I’d wonder what was sore.

I don’t see it my self. Too much like aching and acorn I think. I do know quite a few people with this last name though, both [name]Aiken[/name] and Aitken.

[name]Jill[/name], you are too funny! So true!