Akc Full Names for Willow and Rowan

So, I usually don’t come to the Pet Names threads, but I thought you might have some good advice.

Sometime within the next few years, my family is going to get two female Golden Retrievers (the cream/white kind), so we are just tossing around names for them. We’ve had Willow chosen for quite a while, and are thinking Rowan for her sister, but are struggling to come up with Akc registered names for them!

The only ideas I’ve come up with are kind of jokes, but some of our other dogs have had joke type full names or funny versions of well known idioms, so these might fit? I’m open to all kinds of suggestions, but I’ve come up with,
Gone With the Wind in the Willows (a combination of two book names, because we are nerds)
And
Row Row Rowan Your Boat (which is kind of ridiculous but also kind of funny?)

Anyway, thank you in advance for the help!

Maybe [name_f]Meryl[/name_f]? As in [name_f]Merrily[/name_f] merrily meryly meryly, life is but a dream

Thank you! That’s a fun suggestion. But I think we’ve decided on [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] :).

1 Like

Gone with the wind in the willows is nice, and I like it, but 36 characters is the limit so if your dog has a long kennel name added in, it might be too long. (You can add up to 50 characters with a extra 10 fee though, and I don’t know if you have to deal with kennel names.) just something to keep in mind. If there’s no problem, go for it!

[name_f]My[/name_f] suggestion would be to think of a middle name and play off the meanings.
For example my dogs name is [name_f]Avie[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], and although it won’t show as this on her registered name, because it will probably just be kennel name [name_f]Avie[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], her name means mountain flower of [name_u]June[/name_u], (when she was born and we live on a hill)
I see you like tree names, so I was wondering if you would like something like…

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] Fiadh/Fia
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] Fiadh/Fia

Meaning [name_u]Wild[/name_u] or Untamed

You could go with…
“Untamed Forest”
“Wild Willow”
“Wildwood”

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Callaia[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Callaia[/name_f]

Meaning [name_f]Beauty[/name_f]

You could go with…
“Beautiful Willow”
“Beautiful forest”
“Beautiful Tree”

What middle names do you like? Maybe we can pull a meaning from that.

Also, [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] could just be their call names, you don’t have to put their name directly in the registered name if you don’t want.

Thanks! I’m mostly just collecting ideas (we won’t get them for another year or two) and wanted to see what other people would come up with. We’ll definitely consider something like this!

1 Like

Maybe these?

Will-o’-the-wisp
[name_f]Row[/name_f] and column

I love [name_u]Will[/name_u] O’ the Wisp so much!! Thank you!

[name_f]Row[/name_f] and column is a good idea too! I was trying to think how I could play on [name_f]Row[/name_f] as in Rowing a boat, that I forgot it has another meaning.

Thanks!

1 Like