Alaina vs. Elaina vs. Alina

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! So I love the name Uh-lane-uh. At first I really liked [name]Alayna[/name] spelling because I had a baby in daycare like this and it fit her so well. My problem is I am traditional and I like [name]Elaina[/name] too said E-lane-uh and uh-lane-uh. I am sort of on my way to kicking [name]Alayna[/name] spelling out because of this and it has the word “lay” in it. What do you think of [name]Alayna[/name] vs. [name]Alaina[/name] spelling? What do you think of [name]Elaina[/name] and [name]Alaina[/name], do you say them differently? Also what about [name]Alina[/name]? THanks and sorry for all the ?’s but this is important. Maybe be my only child and want to love her name.

[name]Alaina[/name] [name]Brynn[/name]

[name]Alaina[/name] [name]Diane[/name]

[name]Alaina[/name] [name]Eve[/name]

[name]Alaina[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]

[name]Alaina[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name]

or

[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]

[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]

[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Brynn[/name]

[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]

[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name]

have not thought too much about [name]Alina[/name] but hubby and I like it.

If you like the “UH” pronunciation the best, I would choose Alaina. Alain is the French version of the male name Alan so this spelling is better to me than the phonetic Alayna. Alaina looks more clean and fresh. Alaina Brynn or Alaina Bridget are very pretty and flow well. I like Elaina slightly better but this name is pronounced different than the “UH” you seem to favor. Other options that are similar are Elena or Helena. Good luck, Mischa.

I know someone named [name]Alaina[/name] (ah-lay-na). And if that’s the pronunciation you want, that’s what I would recommend. I really struggle with [name]Elaina[/name]/[name]Elena[/name] because I don’t know if it’s uh-lay-na, or Ee-lay-na. …I default to Ee-lay-na pronunciation.

I love the name [name]Alaina[/name], so my favourites from your list are:
[name]Alaina[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Alaina[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]

I love [name]Alaina[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Alaina[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], as mentioned by the pp. I also really like [name]Alina[/name], pronounced like Uh-lee-nuh.

I prefer [name]Elena[/name] (E-lane-uh), however I would choose the spelling [name]Alaina[/name] vs. [name]Alayna[/name]. I also think [name]Alina[/name] is really pretty.

Our daughter is an [name]Elena[/name] (E-lane-uh) and we dealt with the same question. I wanted the Uh sound. We pronounce it with a soft E and it is frequently pronounced like [name]Elaine[/name] from Seinfield. It doesn’t bother me too much and people generally catch on as they are around us more. If you want the Uh sound though I’d go with [name]Alaina[/name]. We preferred the meaning of [name]Elena[/name] so that’s why we went that route.

I know someone with the name of how you I think you like it pronounced and she spells it, [name]Alana[/name]. My fav middle name of your choices is [name]Eve[/name].

I definitely like [name]Alaina[/name] better than [name]Alayna[/name]. The [name]Alayna[/name] spelling just seems too synthetic to me. I do kind of pronounce the E in [name]Elaina[/name], and [name]Alaina[/name] sounds like uh-lane-uh. [name]Alina[/name] is nice, but I do prefer [name]Elaina[/name]. I like [name]Elaina[/name] better than [name]Alaina[/name] because it just seems more traditional and more like the “real” spelling to me. From your combinations I like [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Brynn[/name], and [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Bridget[/name].

If I’m honest, I would pronounce [name]Alaina[/name] and [name]Elaina[/name] almost exactly the same, with a perhaps a very tiny exaggeration on the E in [name]Elaina[/name]. I’m in the UK, though, so I probably don’t really represent how the majority of people where you live might pronounce your daughters name :wink: I also second some of the pp’s who recommended [name]Elena[/name], which I think is beautiful, although it might not achieve the uh-lane-uh pronunciation you want.

My favourites are [name]Alaina[/name] [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]. [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Eve[/name] would even work for me - both beautiful names!

We pronounce my daughters name Eh-[name]Lay[/name]-Nah, and we spell it [name]Elena[/name]. I prefer the [name]Elena[/name] spelling, but other than that my favorite is [name]Alaina[/name].