Alana or Elena

I love them both but obviously I can only keep one. I thinking I am leaning more towards [name]Alana[/name] but I have loved [name]Elena[/name] for longer. Also which spelling of [name]Alana[/name] do you like the best. [name]Alana[/name] or Alona? Alona seems more natural to me but I almost never see this spelling.

I like [name]Elena[/name] more! It just looks classier. I’ve actually never seen Alona, and I would say it ah-LOH-nah not ah-LAWN-ah. My favorite [name]Alana[/name] spelling is actually [name]Alannah[/name]–I’ve always thought that was the more traditional although I’ve just recently learned it’s not. I still like it better, though. :slight_smile:

In my opinion- I love [name]Elena[/name] much more than [name]Alana[/name]. There is just something about the way [name]Alana[/name] sounds that bugs me. If I HAD to choose between the spellings I would say [name]Alana[/name]- most people will trip over the spelling of Alona. If I saw the spelling Alona I wouldn’t have thought it would be pronounced like [name]Alana[/name]. To me- it reminds me of the word alone.

[name]Elena[/name] is just so beautiful in my eyes. Classic but not too vintage. Modern and considerately popular but not overly popular or trendy. I can think of a few nicknames too like [name]Elle[/name], [name]Lena[/name], [name]Lane[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Ella[/name], etc. Also its very feminine but not frilly.

[name]Hope[/name] this helps! Good [name]Luck[/name]!! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Elena[/name] much more. Much more sophisticated and less trendy feeling for some reason.

I much prefer [name]Elena[/name].

I like [name]Elena[/name] more, and I’m not just saying that cause I have an [name]Elena[/name] myself. I really don’t like [name]Alana[/name], I think it sounds really childish.

[name]Elena[/name].

[name]Alana[/name] has an annoying sound to me. :frowning: I love [name]Elena[/name].
I prefer [name]Alana[/name] over Alona. The pronounciations are totally different to me.

I will be the odd ball here and say I love [name]Alana[/name] so much more. I like both names a lot, and you could not go wrong with [name]Elena[/name], but I like [name]Alana[/name] more. It could also use the NN [name]Allie[/name]/[name]Ali[/name] if you would like that. I am pretty sure there is an actress that uses the Alona spelling, so I would say it is legit but would probably get misspelled more often than not, so I would stick with [name]Alana[/name].

My mum’s name is [name]Allana[/name] nn ‘lani’, I’m still pretty on the fence when it comes to the fact whether I like or dislike her name. And there is the fact that there is so many varied spellings of the name, and the two different pronounciations that I know of ‘A la nah’ and ‘A lay nah’. I’m not sure of [name]Elena[/name] but it sounds very elegant, and classic too.

I would choose [name]Elena[/name].

I like both, but I prefer [name]Elena[/name], but I like it spelled [name]Alena[/name]. It’s one of my top names, but not on hubby’s list.

I love [name]Elena[/name]. What about [name]Elana[/name] as a spelling?

they are both so pretty - it was our name before i got pregnant with a girl and we arent using it now bc we need certain initials. there is [name]Ilana[/name], [name]Elana[/name]…[name]Alana[/name] - hmmm. I love [name]Ilana[/name] bc i think it sounds so pretty. [name]Elana[/name] is so cute bc you can nickname her [name]Elle[/name], ellie. I like alana bc my favorite nickname ever is allie so i always thought id have an alana and call her allie…its a tough choice. without taking into account nicknames, i like elana

I prefer [name]Elena[/name], loved it for ages as well. I say [name]Alana[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] basically the same way (uh-lay-na) but [name]Elena[/name] just looks a lot nicer written down. The PP who mentioned [name]Alannah[/name] I consider a totally different name (al-ann-uh). Guess the -na/-nna makes all the difference.

I much prefer [name]Alana[/name] or [name]Alayna[/name] :slight_smile:

My name’s [name]Alana[/name], and my best friends name Is [name]Elena[/name], people usually nickname us [name]Lani[/name] and [name]Layna[/name]

I prefer [name]Elena[/name]. I think its much more beautiful, classic and it even evokes a little exotic flare [name]Alanna[/name] does not possess.

I much prefer [name]Elena[/name]. It’s just beautiful and classic.

I definitely prefer [name]Elena[/name], although I’ve always been partial to the [name]Alaina[/name] spelling. I do love [name]Elena[/name] too, though. In my experience [name]Alana[/name] is always mispronounced. If you go with it I’d spell it [name]Alanna[/name] to avoid confusion.

[name]Elena[/name] spelled [name]Elena[/name].

I like [name]Elena[/name], but not [name]Alana[/name]. I have [name]Alena[/name] on my list for future baby girl.