Alberta & Ramona - Too old?

Recently I have been falling for the girls names [name]Ramona[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Alberta[/name] nn [name]Birdie[/name]. But do you think they are a bit too vintage? I really love them, but I’m wondering what everybody thinks.

Any opinions?

Bounce :slight_smile:

I think [name]Ramona[/name] is great and not too old at all, but [name]Alberta[/name] might get some odd looks. It also reminds me of the place, so I don’t think it makes a great name. [name]Birdie[/name] is cute, and you could use it as a nickname for [name]Bridget[/name] (or really anything).

I have never really been a fan of [name]Alberta[/name] and [name]Romona[/name].
I think [name]Alberta[/name] could work for a little girl, but the rest of my family hates it.
[name]Romona[/name] isnt my fave, but really, I dont think its horrible. My fave name is [name]Casey[/name], and I think I like it more than [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Alberta[/name].

I absolutely love [name]Ramona[/name] - especially with that cute nickname! It’s a beautiful name; and I don’t think that it feels too old in the slightest.

[name]Alberta[/name], on the other hand… I agree that [name]Birdie[/name] is a lovely nickname but I do feel that [name]Alberta[/name] is a little too old-fashioned for a young girl today. What about other names that could give the nickname [name]Birdie[/name]? [name]Bridget[/name]? [name]Elizabeth[/name]? But [name]Birdie[/name] could really be given as a nickname no matter what the first name is.

I have loved [name]Ramona[/name] since I read the books when I was a little girl.
[name]Alberta[/name] makes me think of the province in [name]Canada[/name].
What about [name]Elberta[/name]?

LOOOOOOOOVE them

(As long as you don’t live, plan on living, or know anyone in [name]Alberta[/name], [name]Canada[/name], and as long as [name]Beverly[/name] [name]Cleary[/name] books aren’t the biggest thing in your area.)

They’re lovely and the nicknames are adorable :smiley:

[name]Ramona[/name] could work, but I feel like [name]Alberta[/name] is a no. It’s still too old lady, plus it’s a place. If you like [name]Birdie[/name] I would agree with the person who aid [name]Bridget[/name].

Thanks for all your opinions, everyone. I do live in [name]Canada[/name], but not [name]Alberta[/name], so that wouldn’t be a problem. I’ll admit that I still like both names, though possibly a little less [name]Alberta[/name]. I know it may be a hard name to saddle a little girl with. Thank you very much!

Bounce :slight_smile:

I really love the name [name]Ramona[/name]! Its sweet, spunky and has a cool literary reference. I agree with the pps that [name]Alberta[/name] is still a bit too vintage. But in ten years it might sound less musty. However, I love the nn [name]Birdie[/name] and have actually thought a lot about ways to get the nn which is what my great-grandmother went by (her real name was [name]Berta[/name]… not an option lol). A few other interesting options are [name]Aberdeen[/name], [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Liberty[/name].