Albertine - pronunciation

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all!

So I’ve realised there may be more ways to pronounce [name_f]Albertine[/name_f] than the version I use in my head! [name_m]How[/name_m] would you instinctively pronounce [name_f]Albertine[/name_f]? Also what do you think of the name, is it usable?

Thanks!

[name_m]Al[/name_m]-bur-teen would be my guess (like [name_m]Albert[/name_m] with -teen on the end)

[name_f]Albertine[/name_f] is cute! [name_m]Albie[/name_m], [name_u]Bertie[/name_u], [name_f]Alba[/name_f], [name_f]Teenie[/name_f], [name_u]Allie[/name_u],[name_u]Bernie[/name_u] would all be cute nn

Like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or [name_f]Maxine[/name_f].
It sounds weird to me, sorry.

I think that, unlike [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Albertine[/name_f] seems distinctively [name_m]French[/name_m]. I doubt anyone would use the -ine pronunciation over the -een pronunciation. I say al-ber-TEEN. It’s really cute!

Like [name_m]Albert[/name_m] with -teen added on the end

I find it quite unattractive and not at all feminine.

[name_f]Elle[/name_f]-behrt-teen
Its lovely! [name_m]Albie[/name_m] or [name_f]Alba[/name_f] are sweet nicknames

I’d say it [name_m]Albert[/name_m]-een. It’s not my style at all and I think it would be hard to wear, I’m afraid.

I would pronounce it with an -een ending. I actually think it’s more wearable than some names I’ve been seeing around, though my first thought was aubergine…

Can only imagine it with teen ending. I really like it and think it’s cool and usable. I do tend to like clunky rather than frilly names though.

Totally usable! Not my cup of tea, but I still think it sounds sweet.

I would say “al-bur-teen” :slight_smile: