Alder Finch

We are considering [name_u]Alder[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u] (strong one syllable last name) for our #4. [name_u]Finch[/name_u] would be a tribute to To Kill a Mockingbird and birds in general are nod to a family member. Most of you know I love noun names but I don’t care for adjective-noun names and think too many nouns are a bit much. Does [name_u]Alder[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u] scream too many nouns or does it work? It’s such a cool name but is it too cool? Hahaha

2 Likes

I’m not usually a fan of two noun names together, but it didn’t really occur to me here until you mentioned it. Perhaps because they are more obscure nature words?
It’s definitely a cool name, but I think it would be wearable on a variety of people.

3 Likes

Such a cool name, I love it! The double word name did occur to me, but I don’t think it’s so obvious that it’s a big deal.

1 Like

I did notice the double noun part of it, but I think because alder isn’t a very commonly known or used word, it’s not too much. Definitely agree that it’s a super cool name!!

2 Likes

I like it!

If you arent sold I’ll suggest:
[name_m]Abner[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_u]Alton[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_m]Allan[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]

It does occur to me that the combo is wordy since there’s an Alder plant and then a Finch is a bird. I prefer Alden Finch. Alder sounds a bit like older to me.

[name_u]Alder[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u] is just very cool and handsome! I think it works!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was how word-y it is tbh. They both are cool names but maybe better not together. Sorry!

It’s too word-y for me - it sounds like a bird species.

I like [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u] for a similar sound.

:slight_smile:

I think it’s swoonworthy, though I’m biased - it’s no secret that [name_u]Alder[/name_u] is one of my favorite names!

If you’re concerned about the double noun, you could try [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]? But honestly, I think [name_u]Alder[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u] is perfection.

I like it! Very natural, cottagecore, witchy vibes, IMO. If you like noun names I say go for it. No one will hear their middle name very often anyway, and even if they do, so what? It’s a whole vibe.

I like it. And I think it works.

It’s cool and unique, but not my style. I’d prefer using a name that isn’t a noun. Perhaps……… [name_u]Thayer[/name_u], [name_u]Calder[/name_u], [name_m]Cabot[/name_m], [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] or [name_m]Pierson[/name_m] with [name_u]Finch[/name_u].