Aletta

I’ve been pondering about the name [name_f]Aletta[/name_f] for a while now (I was crushing on [name_f]Arlette[/name_f] and found it while looking for similar names, since [name_f]Arlette[/name_f] reminded DH of aglet)

I’ve discussed [name_f]Aletta[/name_f] with him as well, and he neither likes or dislikes it, so he isn’t much of a help on this one.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about the name [name_f]Aletta[/name_f]? Is it too old-fashioned or is it ripe for a comeback?
Does it sound too much like “a letter”? Would that be problematic?

Anybody got some opinions to share? :slight_smile:

I know a girl named [name_f]Aletta[/name_f]. The only thing she said on her name was that she disliked not being able to find little keyrings and such.
[name_f]My[/name_f] opinion is that it’s a perfectly wearable, unique, pronounceable, and not weird at all. It’s feminine without being girly, mature without being old. I think you’ve struck naming gold!

I think [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] is a bit more my style personally :), but I like [name_f]Aletta[/name_f] too! It sounds very romantic and gorgeous! I’ve repeated the name several times aloud, but I don’t see the “a letta’” thing being a huge problem (maybe it’s just the way I’m saying it).

Many common names sound like words, etc. but as long as it’s not offensive or a slur, I think it should be fine. :smiley:

I think it is a lovely name, we considered it for our 2nd daughter. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is very popular, and no one complains about “Is A [name_u]Bell[/name_u].”

I prefer [name_f]Aleta[/name_f]. This spelling makes name nicer. But, my ultimate favorite is [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

Ooh i like it! Much more than [name_f]Arlette[/name_f], and also more than [name_f]Alethea[/name_f] (the whole [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] with a lisp thing ruined [name_f]Alethea[/name_f] for me). [name_f]Aletta[/name_f] is light and pretty… i love etta names.

this is extremely cute