🍯 alex

hey lovelies!
i hope your day is going wonderfully and that it gets even more wonderful!

as many of you know, i love the name alex! it’s on my list as a full name for alexander (i love alexandra but not alex for it) but i don’t loooove alexander like i do alex. so here’s my question for you: there’s a couple!

→ does alex (b) stand well on his own?
→ what would you use as a full name for alex? (b)
→ which middles do you like, for alex/alexander! you can do one or both!

as always, only answer what you feel up to!!

:honey_pot: :honeybee: :lemon: :yellow_heart: :sparkles:

happy easter from your favorite georgie :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here are some (stretchy) ideas for what [name_m]Alex[/name_m] could be short for other than [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (Although I do like [name_m]Alex[/name_m] on its own too!!)

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_f]Alexis[/name_f]
[name_m]Alexandre[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexei[/name_m]
[name_m]Lennox[/name_m]
[name_m]Iskandar[/name_m]
[name_m]Sacha[/name_m] (I know an [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Sasha[/name_f], so who’s to say it can’t go the other way?)

I hope this was helpful!

2 Likes

I think [name_m]Alex[/name_m] works well on his own! I know two people called just [name_m]Alex[/name_m], and they don’t seem to get asked if it’s short for anything. I personally prefer to have the longer name to fall back on, but that’s just my preference. [name_m]Alex[/name_m] is perfectly sweet on his own!

For a full name, I would consider [name_m]Alexei[/name_m], [name_m]Alexandros[/name_m], or just [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] as I like him too.

Some middle ideas are (just off the top of my head) :

[name_m]Alex[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Alex[/name_m] [name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Alex[/name_m] [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Alex[/name_m] [name_m]Carlisle[/name_m]
[name_m]Alex[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Finch[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Robin[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Wilde[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]

1 Like

@winterlyricalfox → thank you so much, sage!
i love lennox so much, and i didn’t realize alex could be a nickname for it! i really do love that idea, and alexei :yellow_heart::sunny:

@OctaviaMay → thank youuu louise!!
alexander finch and alexander wilde are making me love alexander even more! i love alexei and alex barnaby! alex tennyson is so cool!! :yellow_heart::sparkles:

2 Likes

does alex (b) stand well on his own?

I think so - I’ve met a number of people who have been ‘just’ Alex - and plenty more who’ve used it exclusively

what would you use as a full name for alex?

Beyond the obvious Alexander, I’d consider Alaric

which middles do you like, for alex/alexander!

a few that came to mind:

Alex Endymion
Alex Caedmon
Alex Dorian
Alex Rafferty
Alex Herschel
Alex Wilder
Alex Tristan

Alexander Ruben
Alexander Rowan
Alexander Otto

1 Like

I’ve had this same predicament with Nico/Nicholas

I’d say [name_m]Alex[/name_m] stands well on its own - I knew an [name_m]Alex[/name_m] in the grade above me and no one really questioned it plus I have a cousin called [name_m]Alec[/name_m] who ever one thinks his name is just [name_m]Alex[/name_m] so I think it would be absolutely fine. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] was on my list for a while but for obvious reasons, I can’t use it anymore.

[name_m]Alex[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Alex[/name_m] [name_m]Cameron[/name_m]
[name_m]Alex[/name_m] [name_m]Rowan[/name_m]

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Colin[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

1 Like

I think [name_m]Alex[/name_m] stands very well on its own. I would use [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] as a full name for [name_m]Alex[/name_m]. For middles, I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Isaak[/name_m] and [name_m]Alex[/name_m] [name_m]Robin[/name_m].

1 Like

@Greyblue → thank you so much! i’m glad you think alex works alone :yellow_heart: i like alaric a lot, and i love alex wilder!

@KT4 → yes, it’s such an annoying place to be! i’m glad you think alex stands on its own <3 i love alexander colin and alexander harrison!

@Johannaa → thank you so much!! :sparkles: i’m glad you find it can stand alone; i love alex robin, it’s so charming! :swan:

2 Likes