Alfie

For months I tried to get my husband to give me a few names he likes because all the names I’ve put together beside [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], are names that I came up with and he just go with them. So yesterday we were watching a show and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] was mentioned on it. Hubby said he loved [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]. I really like it on its own. I’m actually surprised he likes this but I honestly had no idea what names to expect out of him lol.
My question is this:
What are you thoughts on [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]?
What are your thoughts on [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] in the US?
What names could [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] be short for?
The full name would be [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u].

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is cute yet sophisticated, but very popular here in the UK which puts me off a little. I don’t believe it’s so popular in the US however.

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is great! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] with [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] could be short for [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] or [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]. ([name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] and [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] would sound great together btw)

Personally, I really like [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] as a nickname, but I wouldn’t use it on its own. I live in the UK so I can’t answer your second question.

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] could be short for…
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfonso[/name_m]
[name_m]Alford[/name_m]
Alfric (or Aelfric)
[name_m]Alpheus[/name_m]
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m]
[name_m]Alvar[/name_m]
[name_m]Alvaro[/name_m]
[name_m]Alvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Alvis[/name_m]
[name_m]Arnulfo[/name_m]
[name_m]Balfour[/name_m]
[name_m]Bardolf[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_m]Randolph[/name_m]
[name_m]Ranulph[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Salvador[/name_m]
Walfrid

Personally I’m not a fan of the name [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]. It’s popular where I live (largely because of a TV character) but doesn’t have the best reputation IYSWIM.

I don’t live in the US so can’t answer your second question.

For full names, [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], [name_m]Alfredo[/name_m], [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] and [name_m]Alfonso[/name_m] came to mind. I like @freddiethepink’s suggestions as well.

I really like the name [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]. I live in the US and it’s not very common. My sisters name is actually that but she spells it [name_m]Alfey[/name_m]. She chose it to honor our grandfather whose name is [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]. People used to call him [name_m]Alfey[/name_m] as a nn. I think [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] is a really good name but I would reconsider the spelling if you wanted to make it more masculine but that’s just my opinion. Congratulations on your little boy! Chose whatever you and your husband love.

I like [name_u]Alfie[/name_u], though it’s very popular where I live (not sure about the US). My first association with it is the Peaky Blinders character.

I think [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is a lovely name.

My first instinct was for it to be short for [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], but it’s up to you how you feel about the repetition of ‘ed’ with [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]. I don’t think I have any new suggestions, but I second [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] and [name_m]Bardolf[/name_m] - I think something a bit more unusual than [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] would go beautifully with [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]!

I love [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]! I think it’s super cute. I think [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] sounds like a pretty perfect name! I think [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] doesn’t have to be a nickname for something, but I would probably prefer if it was.

Options for a full name

• [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] (the most obvious)
  • [name_m]Adolfo[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Alf[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Alphonso[/name_m]
  • Ashford
  • [name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Fable[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Fabiano[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Falcon[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Farrell[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]

My favourite of the bunch is [name_u]Fable[/name_u], but it’s maybe a bit of a stretch to get to [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]. I think I would probably just go with [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]!

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is not really my style, but I do like the sound of it! I think [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] will be totally unexpected in the US, but in a good way. And [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is such a great name!

I honestly think [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] can stand on its own amongst all the other nicknames-as-given-names that are popular right now. (Not to mention the popularity of [name_m]Archie[/name_m] at the moment.) But [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] or [name_m]Alfonso[/name_m] are really the only natural-sounding long forms that I can think of.

I actually really like [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] and it’s not even the least bit common here.

I think [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]/[name_m]Rafael[/name_m] nn [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is quite cute and would work well

I adore [name_u]Alfie[/name_u].
My son’s nickname is [name_m]Archie[/name_m], which has a similar feel, and we live in the states. It isn’t super common bit it’s also not unfamiliar.

Personally I’d go with a long form and use [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] as a nickname, but tons of people are just named [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] and the nickname name vs. formal name thing is all a matter of personal preference.

[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]/[name_m]Alfredo[/name_m] nn [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is probably the most obvious but you could also get [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] from:
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m]/[name_m]Alfonso[/name_m]
Aelfric
[name_m]Aleph[/name_m]/[name_m]Alef[/name_m]
[name_m]Auliffe[/name_m]

I’m from US (Midwest) & I think [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is great! Not too out there but def not popular. I think your combo sounds really good too.