Alice August vs. Jane August

Please help us decide. Big sister is [name]Lily[/name] and brother is [name]Jack[/name]. Thank you!

I love both! I think [name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name] sounds a bit more snappy and striking, but I love the literary feel of [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name], and I think [name]Lily[/name], [name]Jack[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] is a bit more distinctive than [name]Lily[/name], [name]Jack[/name], and [name]Jane[/name] are. I personally prefer [name]Jane[/name] to [name]Alice[/name], but I think [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] might work better with your sibset. [name]Lily[/name], [name]Jack[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] are too sweet together!

Good luck!

[name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name]! [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] is a lot of A and S sounds in my opinion, and [name]Jane[/name] is just gorgeous with your other two!

[name]Love[/name] both, but partial to [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] with [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Lily[/name].

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Lily[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] sound sweetest together. [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] is a bit A and S heavy, but I think the alliteration is cute. [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] are so similar and make me think of [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Jill[/name].

[name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name] is the name of a designer purse brand so I would go with [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name]. I like the sound of [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] best anyways :slight_smile:

I much prefer [name]Alice[/name] :slight_smile:

I like the double A’s in [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name], I definitely vote for [name]Alice[/name]. I like it better in your sibset too- [name]Lily[/name], [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] sound great together. Not a fan of [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] together in a set

[name]Lily[/name], [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] sound great together :slight_smile:

Aww tough choice! [name]Both[/name] combos sound great, and both first names sound great with sister [name]Lily[/name].

I slightly prefer [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] to [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Jane[/name], but I slightly prefer [name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name] to [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name]. I love both [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] individually though so you really can’t go wrong.

Since I think [name]Alice[/name] sounds like a perfect little sister to [name]Lily[/name], ultimately I’m going to vote for [name]Alice[/name]…just! :slight_smile:

I definitely prefer [name]Alice[/name] with your other children, but I think I prefer the sound of [name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name]. Are you set on the MN?

I love them both. (Obviously … as one of my daughters is named [name]Alice[/name] and another is named [name]Jane[/name]!) The only reason I prefer [name]Alice[/name] in this case is because the sibset, [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Jack[/name], make me think of the kids’ clothing store “[name]Janie[/name] and [name]Jack[/name].” [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] also sound very similar, in my opinion.

[name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name] though [name]Alice[/name] goes better with your other kids names.

I agree with pp that [name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name] sounds better but [name]Alice[/name] is better with [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Jack[/name]. I would go with [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] because it is not as similar and it is really pretty.

I thought I commented earlier but maybe not? Anyways [name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name] is a designer purse line so I would go with [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] which I think sounds great.

[name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name]. It’s a beautiful and striking name, very memorable!

I adore them both! I think [name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name] grabs your attention as they both start with different sounds but [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] feels very literary and pretty. I think both names work with [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] but [name]Alice[/name] may work the best as therefore all your children s names start with a different letter and I overall prefer [name]Alice[/name].
Oh gosh, I hope this made sense, I’m terrible with words today! Good luck! :slight_smile:

NM I guess this thread isnt being moderated? Not sure. Anyways they are both nice names but you might want to be aware that [name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name] is also a brand of purses and stuff. I like the sound of [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] best.

I prefer [name]Jane[/name] [name]August[/name] for flow, but in all other accounts I think [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] is far ahead. My vote is for [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name]!

I love the name [name]Alice[/name] with your other children’s names. I like the alliteration of [name]Alice[/name] [name]August[/name] too.