Alice Genevieve?

What do you think of this combination? [name]Just[/name] curious…

If you don’t care for it, what three-syllable (classic) name would you pair with [name]Alice[/name]? Thanks!

It’s beautiful! I also like these paired with [name]Alice[/name].

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Christina[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]

Thanks, [name]Minka[/name]! I like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Juliet[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]!

[name]Alice[/name] is one of my favorite names, so I’m really picky about middle names for it.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] - but I don’t love it as much as [name]Alice[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Love[/name] that “th” sound in [name]Catherine[/name]. So soft.
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - love it, would use it myself. Actually I would use any of the name combos on this list except for [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. But I would appreciate [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] in someone else’s family.
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] - so pretty

Also love
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

Thank you, [name]Susan[/name]! I do like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], but at the same time I’m not in love with the “rhyming” A sounds that both names possess. My favorites are [name]Alice[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name], a combination I probably wouldn’t have thought of!

Oh, and some background reference - I’m just thinking about combinations I like. A while back I posted saying I had two girl names I love - [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - and I was looking for a third to add to my list. That’s how I got to [name]Alice[/name], as I think it is a vintage name with a cute, fresh feel!

yes I think [name]Alice[/name] fits perfectly with [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. I liked pp’s suggestion of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] as [name]Meredith[/name] is unexpected in this combo and I like the sound of it (without the repeating a sound from [name]Alice[/name]).

This is another name combo with two “a” sounds, but I do love it. I forgot to mention it before. It’s [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name]. I am wild about [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name], but it doesn’t always go with everyone’s last name. If you have an “a” in your last name, it wouldn’t be good. It goes great with my last name though: [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Chesney[/name] or maybe [name]Alice[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Chesney[/name]. So cute. But I think my fave right now is [name]Alice[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]. But I love [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] and the others on my list so much, too. They are so classic and simple that they remind me of fresh milk or homemade bread. They sound kind of Puritan. Except for [name]Meredith[/name]. There is something about these name combos that is a bit severe like a Pilgrim hat. [name]Love[/name] that! I find it to be almost kind of comical when something is so severe but also warm and cozy. That is what [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] without the “e” is for me.

Thanks, [name]Gwen[/name]'s Mom! I like how it fits, too!

[name]Susan[/name], your description was so cute! My sister refers to the names I like as “Mayflower Names,” so perhaps you are on the right track with the Pilgrim feel. I, like you, like the elegant simplicity yet warm familiarity of these names.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] is quite sweet, but I think I might prefer something like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name], personally. Thanks for sharing!

Ha, ha, Mayflower names, we think alike!
For me [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] isn’t sweet. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Sue[/name] would be sweet. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] has an edge to it. It’s so classic that it’s a little bit punchy.
I love the way Pilgrim hats are so severe around the face but then there’s something kind of droll and flappy about them that makes them whimsical. The sails on a sailing ship are flappy, too. The two A’s in [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] could be two triangular flapping sails on a ship.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is beautiful! The two names a v different styles but I love both of them :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] sweet it is. A really lovely combo.

I appreciate the approval, mummyto3 and rollo!

[name]Susan[/name], you are cracking me up! I personally don’t care for [name]Alice[/name] [name]Sue[/name] at all (the S sounds run together), and perhaps [name]Alice[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would be sweet, but I guess I can see the edgy look and sound of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] now that you have so creatively likened the name to a tri-cornered hat (is that what you are talking about?). Oh, I don’t know if I mentioned this, but I like the sound of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] with your last name, and I, too, prefer [name]Ann[/name] without an E in this case! :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is absolutely gorgeous!! It’s perfect with [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], too. Here are other middles, though [name]Alice[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is already really great.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Delphina[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ginevra[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Violette[/name]

I don’t like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Sue[/name] or [name]Alice[/name] [name]Rose[/name] either. To me they are sweet in a too sweet way. They remind me of dingy clotheslines.
A tri-cornered hat, yeah! That is so fun. Yes, a crisp, white tri-cornered hat. And no “e” at the end of [name]Ann[/name]. Can you think of any other severe nn’s to go with [name]Alice[/name]?
What about [name]Alice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maude[/name]? I love [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maude[/name] more than [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maud[/name].

irisrose, thanks for the comment! You made some great suggestions, and I particularly like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] this, actually, because it reminds me of [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Earhart[/name]!), [name]Alice[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] (though I usually prefer [name]Georgiana[/name])…

[name]Susan[/name], I was about to say [name]Alice[/name] [name]Jane[/name], actually! [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maude[/name] doesn’t have that same edge to it for me, as [name]Maude[/name] always reminds me of mauve, and that just seems kind of dumpy. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] seems kind of edgy to me, despite its carefree, pleasant meaning, and I also think [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is sweet with a touch of spice (I always prefer [name]Cate[/name] to [name]Kate[/name]).

[name]Hi[/name]!

I love [name]Alice[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] comes to mind, too. :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is fun!

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is fun![/quote]

Am I the only one who hears the word “skate” when [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is said out loud? :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is fun![/quote]

Am I the only one who hears the word “skate” when [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is said out loud? :-)[/quote]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Kim[/name] = skim
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Lou[/name] = slew
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Milly[/name] = smilly, reminds me of smelly
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Nell[/name] = sounds like snail!
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Tove[/name] = stove
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Uma[/name] = suma cum laude

Who can think of more? It’s fun!

I think it’s adorable.