Alice: Ugly or Beautiful?

When I hear the name [name]Alice[/name], alot of mixed perceptions flow through my mind. The maid on the [name]Brady[/name] Bunch, the character of the L Word, the young girl lost in Wonderland, the vampire in Twilight, and the character in Super 8! Some of my feelings are positive and some are negative. What do you think?

I absolutely love it! It’s short, it’s sweet, it’s unpredictable, lovely, charming, and definitely cute for a little girl! I love its underrated, sweet, feminine feel. I never quite love it enough to add it to my top 10 but it hovers somewhere in my top 20 most of the time. Lately I’ve been in love with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Kate[/name] as combos…

I love it spelled Ahlysse!

I think it’s really pretty! When I hear [name]Alice[/name], I think [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland. I don’t associate it with any negative connotations.

I adore [name]Alice[/name]! :smiley: It’s such a gorgeous name, and it’s high on my list of names for a possible future daughter!

I think [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland is the strongest association. At least it is for me. A few other things come to mind: Go Ask [name]Alice[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cooper[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] (clothing brand), [name]Alice[/name] in Chains (90’s band)…none are super negative to me! The only slightly off one is the [name]Brady[/name] maid!

I think I’m about to bite the bullet and use [name]Alice[/name]. I’m due in a week and about done debating this name. It is classic, yet not over-used, elegant and steam-lined at the same time. I think it’s good and will complement my [name]Henry[/name], [name]Cora[/name], and [name]Jemima[/name]. Need to decide on middle. [name]Christina[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], and [name]Grace[/name] are all family possibilities… (?)

I love [name]Alice[/name]. I try not to think of the associations (which by the way, I only think of [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland) when deciding if a name is ugly or not. I consider the sound a name makes and if it can be shortened into a bad nickname.

[name]Alice[/name] is very pretty to me. I think it has a lovely sound and [name]Ally[/name] is a cute. It’s classic and beautiful.

I love [name]Alice[/name]! It has been top of my list the last month or two for a future baby girl. I think its simple, sweet, and pretty. [name]One[/name] of my favourites :slight_smile:

Beautiful and strong. I love this name.

[name]Alice[/name] is on our list, too – or it was, until I found out that three acquaintances have used it very recently. (Two of them, strangers to each other, spelled it [name]Alyce[/name].)

It’s actually kind of a relief to me. I was never in love with it with our super-plain last name, although I do adore it as a first name and paired with [name]Henry[/name].

[name]Love[/name]! It’s beautiful and I think [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland.

I know I am in the minority here but, I hate the name [name]Alice[/name]. I just think its boring when I hear it :confused:

I think [name]Alice[/name] is feminine and beautiful. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] is on my dream list!

I know a teen [name]Alice[/name]. It is a great name- definately not ugly.
Personally I love [name]Alyssa[/name] too. But if you want [name]Alice[/name] spell it [name]Alice[/name]. I also know an [name]Alyce[/name] prn [name]Al[/name]-eese. So if you want [name]Al[/name]-is I vote spell it [name]Alice[/name].
Her family have bought her [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland themed bits over the years which is cute!
I don’t really think of Twilight (even though I read it/saw it) when I hear [name]Alice[/name].

It can be great with nn [name]Ally[/name], or even Lissy.

emiliaj

[name]Love[/name], [name]Love[/name], [name]Love[/name]!!

I don’t like it and don’t see everyone’s attraction to it. All I think about is the [name]Brady[/name] Bunch and [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland.

[name]Alice[/name] is a beautiful name, [name]IMO[/name]. [name]Alice[/name] is also the best spelling for it.

I don’t know how anyone could possibly think the name was ugly. Maybe it’s not everyone’s favorite because it is somewhat vintage/old-fashioned (which I love but isn’t for everyone), but it’s certainly not ugly. It’s actually very pretty.

I love it because it’s classic but not boring, strong yet sweet, a little uncommon yet not weird, and timeless not trendy. The name seems to fit a vast array of people and characters… though with few exceptions, the characters given the name are usually a female lead heroine, of intelligence combined with strength and empathy. [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland, [name]Alice[/name] from Resident Evil, [name]Alice[/name] from Twilight, and several other story/movie characters noted on the name page.