Alienor Pronunciation

Not expecting, just collecting!
Without looking it up, how would you pronounce [name_f]Alienor[/name_f]? I know how I like it pronounced, but I want to see how you would assume it.
Thank you!

Without looking it up, alien-or, just like the two words alien and or. Emphasis on Ay at the beginning, as in the word alien. So all together AY-lee-en-or.

2 Likes

AH-lee-eh-nor or ah-lee-AY-nor

1 Like

I would assume it to be al-ee-en-or.

Given I see the “ Alien” in it I would pronounce it as
A-lein-nor as a variation of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].:wink:

I would say AY-lee-ehn-or. I really like this name- it’s so pretty and distinct!

I pronounce it ay-lee-ehn-or. As in, alien-or

At first I read it the same as [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. I would probably pronounce it “A-luh-nor” or “AY-lee-nor,” with the emphasis on the first syllable both times.

Alien. Or.

1 Like

I say it AL-lee-eh-nor. First syllable pronounced like “pal”. Maybe it’s because I first saw the name as Aliénor but I didn’t notice “alien” until people pointed it out.

1 Like

This

1 Like

Ah-lee-uh-noor

My first instinct is always ally-nor, I can never remember how it’s supposed to be pronounced.

Ay-lee-uh-nor. Or alien-or :two_hearts:

My first thought was AY-lee-uh-nor, but I am certain that is not correct and doesn’t sound very nice. haha Upon further thought, I would go with AL (rhymes with pal)-uh-nor. Close to, but not exactly the same as, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

All I can see is Alien-or

Ayy-lee-nor?

Ay-[name_u]Lee[/name_u]-nor, maybe?

Like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] but with an Ay sound at the beginning. In which case I would spell it [name_f]Aleanor[/name_f]. What sound are you going for?

Didn’t realize it was French. I feel like I missed a syllable and also the more I try to say it the more I like the sound.

Well, my preferred pronunciation is Ahl-ee-EY-nor (but a little bit Frenchly). I really like it, but it’s become clear that nobody would ever say it like that.