Alison Sweeney's baby Megan

The “Biggest Loser”s” star, [name]Alison[/name] [name]Sweeney[/name], recently explained to People magazine why she chose her baby”s name. Her daughter, [name]Megan[/name] [name]Hope[/name] Sanov, was born in [name]January[/name].

[name]Sweeney[/name] said, ”There have been a lot of quirky, unusual celebrity baby names. But we wanted people to be able to spell it. We wanted it to be more timeless.”

I am just curious. What do you think of her baby name choice?

meh, it’s ok. [name]Megan[/name] is a nice enough name, she certainly won’t get made fun of for it. It’s just not very interesting. You can pick a regular name that’s a little more exciting than [name]Megan[/name]. But that might just be me, [name]Megan[/name] be exciting for her. I wouldn’t call it timeless, either. [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name], that’s what I think of when I think timeless. [name]Megan[/name] seems pretty 80s to me. I do think [name]Hope[/name] is pretty, gives it more of a punch than [name]Rose[/name] would.

Funny, I just finished watching last weeks episode when I saw this!

[name]Megan[/name] seems very dated 80’s to me too. I have a neice named [name]Megan[/name] and she’s one of about a dozen at school. It’s a pretty name, but if she had really been thinking timeless, she would have gone with [name]Margaret[/name] and nn’d her [name]Megan[/name]. I will give her “it’s normal” but even [name]Megan[/name] is going to get asked “[name]How[/name] do you spell that?” a dozen or more times a week as there are about a half dozen spellings that are equally common.
[name]Megan[/name] [name]Hope[/name] is pefectly fine, bland but fine.

I think: ZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzZ.

I thought, “Why? Why [name]Megan[/name]? There were so many gorgeous names from which you could have chosen, and you chose [name]Megan[/name]?”

That is pretty much the same reasons my parents gave for naming me [name]Megan[/name] (and for choosing my sister’s name, too). Easy to say, easy to spell (before all the Meaghans etc), & they thought it was pretty. Sure, it’s not exciting, but there are a lot worse names!! I love the middle name [name]Hope[/name].

I would prefer [name]Meg[/name] that would be fresher :slight_smile: I have meet a 4 year old [name]Meg[/name]