All about your names!

I do like questionnaires…

Catagory 1: Your Names

1. I have too many… tie for #1 would be between [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] and [name_f]Azula[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]My[/name_f] lovely [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] :blush:
  3. [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] at the moment, haven’t counted up the new ones
  4. N/A at the moment
  5. The story of **[name_m]Osiris[/name_m]- For the longest time my favorite for a boy was [name_f]Iris[/name_f], but I was nervous about it because it’s mainly a girl name. One day I was just curious to see if there were any names that could get the nickname [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and I found [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] and loved it on sight!
  6. :shushing_face: [name_u]Kahlo[/name_u] Azucena [name_f]Adele[/name_f], Azucena and [name_f]Adele[/name_f] are honors
  7. [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_u]Jericho[/name_u] [name_u]Penn[/name_u], though I’m in the process of changing them up a bit
  8. I wish [name_m]Xil[/name_m] was more loved :relaxed:
  9. Hmmmm, I think Luminara
  10. For first names it would be [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], #287 for 2019
  11. NONE OF THEM. Cause I already cut some out, one fn I cut out though was [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]
  12. Other than my [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] story, probably [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Azula[/name_f], [name_u]Raven[/name_u] (b), Luminara and [name_f]Zatanna[/name_f]. I fall in love with girls easier, unfortunately I also fall out of love with them easier too

Catagory 2: Themed Names

1. Is [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] trendy? I love it for a girl!
  2. [name_u]Athaliah[/name_u] :disappointed: beautiful name but she was a deplorable woman in the Bible
  3. [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_u]Lotus[/name_u]
  4. Oh I have so many… the first to come to mind is [name_u]Honor[/name_u] but I have so many
  5. [name_m]Anatole[/name_m], [name_f]Galatea[/name_f], [name_f]Electra[/name_f] and [name_m]Prospero[/name_m]
  6. [name_u]October[/name_u], [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], [name_m]Friday[/name_m] and [name_u]January[/name_u]!
  7. Hades, [name_m]Adonis[/name_m], [name_m]Apollo[/name_m], [name_m]Helios[/name_m], Thanatos, [name_u]Hippolyte[/name_u], [name_f]Elektra[/name_f], [name_f]Medusa[/name_f], [name_f]Megara[/name_f], [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] I have a lot :sweat_smile:
  8. Never seen HP, there’s a [name_m]Remus[/name_m] right? If so then [name_m]Remus[/name_m]
  9. [name_m]Ross[/name_m]!
  10. SO MANY. I’d have to look at my entire list to choose so I’ll answer later
  11. Umm not sure, I know [name_u]Kahlo[/name_u] means bald so I guess that?
  12. [name_m]Zale[/name_m]! It means “sea-strength”
  13. Luminara! It’s a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars name so that counts as made up right?

Category 3: International Names

1. [name_f]Anahera[/name_f] and [name_f]Aroha[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Eilish[/name_f], [name_u]Keegan[/name_u], [name_f]Niamh[/name_f], [name_m]Torin[/name_m]
  3. I’ll have to come back to that
  4. Adalet, [name_m]Atila[/name_m], [name_m]Emre[/name_m], and [name_f]Safa[/name_f]
  5. I love a lot so I’ll have to come back to this
  6. [name_u]Mako[/name_u]!
  7. [name_m]Keanu[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  8. [name_u]Indra[/name_u] and [name_m]Naveen[/name_m]
  9. [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Inga[/name_f], [name_m]Vanya[/name_m] and [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f]
  10. I have a lot so I’ll have to come back :sweat_smile:

Category 4: [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a berry!

1. Probably @Mickeywich and @EllieWilbury!
  2. @katkabet, completely different styles but I adore her names, they’re so cute!
  3. @seawillow I LOVE her names
  4. @katkabet Ibelis! (Thanks [name_f]Kate[/name_f])
  5. @acajou I always get excited when I see her post about a name
  6. Hmmmm, when I first started NB I would look at @Mickeywich’s cause we have pretty similar styles so she probably influenced my names a bit

Category 5: Opinions

1. [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. I’ve just never been able to like it
  2. I love some names I know are not super well liked :sweat_smile: I think the first to come to mind is [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] and [name_m]Richard[/name_m] but I have so many more
  3. I don’t mind them! There’s definitely combos that work really well like you ex. of [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
  4. Not a single bit unless they’re honor names
  5. I think as long as you can make it equal for both it’s fine! If [name_u]James[/name_u] can be socially expectable for a girl then so can [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for a boy and as long as that can happen then I think it’s perfectly fine. Me personally I put them in the middles just cause I end up liking them more for middle names.
  6. Absolutely when it comes to first names. When it’s for middles I could care less
  7. On a scale of 1-10 a solid 5, sometimes I like a name that’s not super well liked but I put it anyway or I make a poll for a name seeing if they prefer it for a boy or girl but then I end up using it for the opposite of the majority, but I value the opinions and feedback a lot and a good chunk of the time I agree with them.
  8. I still use em. Anybody can learn to pronounce things all it takes is a little bit of effort and anybody who doesn’t put the effort into giving the most basic amount of respect is not somebody who you would want to be around. And when it comes to correcting people, I have a super easy name to pronounce and people say it wrong and I have to correct them all the time, but I still love my name and once they are corrected most people will say it right the next time. Correcting people can get tiring but it happens to even the most common of names so I don’t worry about it.
  9. In general to see what might get popular and what is popular

Category 6: Misc

1. My first name love was when I was 7, the name was Karai. I still like it a lot actually!
  2. I think [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] and [name_u]Florian[/name_u], [name_m]Alastair[/name_m] and [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] and [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] would be adorable :pleading_face:
  3. Well I have [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] in my list as a middle, but it’s too popular for a first for me. Maybe [name_m]Omar[/name_m] (my fathers name) if I had to choose a first name.
  4. Proxima! I think it’s so cool.
  5. Quick Poll, I’m the top poster :sweat_smile:. I just like Quick Polls, no specific reason.
56. (is this for *my* name or my names/list? IDK I made a small aesthetic of myself as a person even though most people would definitely not think of this kind of aesthetic for my actual name)

6 Likes

I’m finding I have quite a few tossups.

CATEGORY 1: YOUR LIST

1. It’s a tossup between [name_f]Annika[/name_f], Ɛlvᴀ & Tɛgᴀn as FNs
  2. Another tossup for FNs – [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] & [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
  3. Tɛgᴀn was the first name that I fell for. When I was a teenager, I worked with someone with the name & could not stop thinking about it. Years later, a neighbor named their daughter Tɛᴀgᴀn, pronounced the same way. It confirmed my love of & desire to use the name, but with the original spelling.
  4. [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Cass[/name_u]
  5. Tɛgᴀn [name_u]Lee[/name_u] 0rɛstɪnᴀ, minus the original name combos that were knocked off my list long ago.
  6. Orɛstɪnᴀ
  7. [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] most likely – not sure which is more so than the others
  8. Don’t know
  9. Tɛgᴀn

CATEGORY 2: THEMED NAMES

1. Huh?!?
  2. Not sure
  3. [name_f]Winika[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Vela[/name_f], [name_f]Carina[/name_f] & [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] are tossups
  5. [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_u]November[/name_u] are tossups
  6. Dysis
  7. [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
  9. [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
  10. Any [name_m]Mark[/name_m]-family name
  11. [name_u]Kai[/name_u] or [name_f]Kailani[/name_f]
  12. I try to choose names with history to them

CATEGORY 3: INTERNATIONAL NAMES

1. [name_f]Winika[/name_f]
  2. Tɛgᴀn & Ɛlvᴀ
  3. Sewall or [name_m]Todd[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Koray[/name_m]
  5. [name_f]Jora[/name_f] or [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
  6. [name_u]Matsu[/name_u]
  7. [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Kailani[/name_f] & [name_f]Roselani[/name_f]
  8. [name_u]Indra[/name_u] & [name_f]Vela[/name_f]
  9. Lizaveta or [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f]
  10. Orɛstɪnᴀ

CATEGORY 4: TAG A BERRY
There are so many people I could tag here, but I decided to do no more than 2 Berries per question.

1. @Luminen
  2. @seawillow
  3. @EllieWilbury
  4. @EdgeOfTheMeadow
  5. @Luminen :white_heart: @acajou
  6. @Luminen :white_heart: @acajou

CATEGORY 5: OPINIONS

1. [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] – plus there is one other I won’t write out because it is a surname name
  2. [name_m]Tancred[/name_m]
  3. I don’t think I’ve actually ever come up with one. :thinking:
  4. If I’m not using the name to honor someone or a group of people specifically, then yes the meanings matter
  5. It depends on the name
  6. Societal popularity, no. I’m more concerned with popularity of a name within the family – more specifically those we spend time with. I don’t care if my child is 1 of 5 in a grade level when they are only going to be with that group of people for so long. I don’t want my child being 1 of several in the family with the same name/nickname – it gets confusing & annoying
  7. I love them, but then again my name is never pronounced correctly & it is considered an English name as far as I know
  8. Nope

CATEGORY 6: MISC

1. Tɛgᴀn was the first name I fell in love with & I still love it to this day
  2. I don’t like matchy names for multiples (or siblings in general really)
  3. [name_u]Christian[/name_u]
  4. [name_u]Kai[/name_u] who was born around 1800
  5. Hot Takes because I usually have to catch up with the Quick Poll thread (and it’s usually in the neighborhood of 300 posts I need to catch up on)
  6. I’ll skip. I’m not very good at this.
4 Likes
YOUR LIST

What is your favorite girl’s name?
[name_f]Lana[/name_f]!

What is your favorite boy’s name?
[name_m]Frank[/name_m]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe [name_m]Ike[/name_m]?

What is the longest name/combo on your list?
I am not a big fan of long names, but I do like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f].

What is the shortest name/combo on your list?
Too many three-syllable combos to list! By letter count, pretty sure it’s [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]. Shortest names are [name_m]Ike[/name_m], [name_m]Joe[/name_m], [name_f]Ida[/name_f], and [name_f]May[/name_f].

Tell me the story behind a favorite name of yours.
[name_f]Lana[/name_f] [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] - [name_f]Lana[/name_f] for the [name_u]Beach[/name_u] Boys song ([name_f]Lana[/name_f] dear…) and (shamefully) for [name_f]Lana[/name_f] [name_u]Del[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u]. [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] as it’s uncommon, retro, and the quickest way to get to the lovely nickname [name_f]Cherry[/name_f]!

What is the newest name/combo on your list?
[name_m]Can[/name_m]’t remember, but I think it’s [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Iola[/name_f]. The newest name is [name_u]Claude[/name_u]!

What is the oldest name/combo on your list?
[name_m]Frank[/name_m], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] have been on my list forever!

What is the most underrated name on your list? (In your opinion!)
Maybe [name_m]Howie[/name_m] or [name_m]Roger[/name_m]? I think they’re both coming back, though.

What is the most unique name on your list?
[name_m]Dagwood[/name_m] for boys, [name_f]Peaches[/name_f] for girls! Probably wouldn’t use either, though. Probably.

What is the most common/popular name on your list?
On my shortlist, I think it’s probably [name_m]Joe[/name_m].

If you had to let go of a name on your list, which name would it be?
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]. I love [name_m]Baxter[/name_m], so you’d think I’d be a fan, but I’m on the fence about it.

What name on your list did you fall in love with at first sight?
[name_m]Roger[/name_m]!

THEMED NAMES

What is your favorite trendy name?
Hmm…[name_m]Felix[/name_m]?

What is your ultimate GP name?
Semi-unusable nickname names on girls - [name_f]Cherry[/name_f], [name_f]Kitty[/name_f], and [name_f]Peaches[/name_f] come to mind.

What is your favorite floral name?
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]!

What is your favorite word name? (non-floral)
I do like [name_u]Garnet[/name_u] (Thimble [name_f]Summer[/name_f], anyone?)

What is your favorite space-themed name?
Oh, probably just plain old [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m].

What is your favorite month or week name? (e.g. [name_u]July[/name_u], [name_m]Friday[/name_m])
Tie between [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]! [name_u]July[/name_u] as a guilty pleasure middle, maybe.

What is your favorite Greek mythology name?
Does [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] count?

What is your favorite name from [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]?
Gosh, it’s been a while since I’ve read those books. I like [name_m]Fred[/name_m] and [name_f]Molly[/name_f]; I also have a soft spot for [name_f]Petunia[/name_f].

What is your favorite name from F.R.I.E.N.D.S?
Um…I only know the main six. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]?

What is your favorite biblical name?
[name_m]Joe[/name_m] by way of [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

What is your favorite name with an unfortunate meaning?
[name_u]Campbell[/name_u]! “Crooked mouth,” sadly. I don’t place too much weight on meaning, though.

What is your favorite name with a meaning related to the ocean?
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]! More of a middle name to me, though. “[name_u]Sea[/name_u] warrior!”

What is your favorite totally made-up name?
Maybonne, courtesy of [name_f]Lynda[/name_f] [name_u]Barry[/name_u] (anyone else read the [name_f]Marlys[/name_f] comics?)

I’ve skipped 3 and 4 for now as I’m not particularly well-versed in international names and I haven’t been on here long - I might come back and update later!

OPINIONS

What’s a name everyone seems to love, but you’re not a fan of?
I’ve never liked [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

What’s a name everyone seems to dislike, but you love?
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]!

What do you think of alliterative names? What’s your favorite alliterative name? (e.g. [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f])
I like them! I have a soft spot for [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. Oh, and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f].

[name_f]Do[/name_f] name meanings matter to you?
Not really. Connotations more so. I wouldn’t name my kid [name_m]Adolf[/name_m], but I’d be fine with [name_u]Campbell[/name_u].

What’s your opinion on traditionally masculine names for girls, and traditionally feminine names for boys?
I’m not a fan. I think girls named [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] can be strong and boys named [name_m]John[/name_m] can be sensitive. I also don’t like how it seems to mostly go one way. That said, at the end of the day it’s a personal preference.

Does name popularity influence your name decisions?
Sort of? I have a quite popular name myself and it’s never really been a problem. I think that naming is diversified enough these days that outside the top ~30, it doesn’t bother me.

How much do other [name_u]Berry[/name_u] opinions influence your name decisions?
I haven’t been here long enough to know!

What’s your opinion on using long, (but beautiful), easily mispronounced non-[name_f]English[/name_f] names in an [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking country?
Totally fine as long as the name is culturally appropriate to use.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you follow naming trends?
I think so! [name_f]My[/name_f] naming style is sort of classic 1930s [name_f]Americana[/name_f], which I think will make a comeback in the next decade or two.

MISC

What was the FIRST name you can remember loving? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you still like/love it now?
I think in third grade I wanted to be named [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]. Definitely not my style now!

Cutest matching names for twins?
I’ve always liked the idea of [name_m]Roger[/name_m] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] (Rabbit and [name_f]Bunny[/name_f]). Maybe too cutesy. I like the middle names [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] and [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] for [name_f]Cherry[/name_f] and [name_f]Peaches[/name_f]. I also think [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] would be adorable for two girls. For full-on guilty pleasures, Sunflower and [name_f]Flower[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] as middle names. I’ve posted about nearly all of these before :slight_smile:

If you had to give your kid a family name, what name would you pick?
Easy - [name_m]Harvey[/name_m]!

What’s the best name in your family tree?
[name_m]Ah[/name_m], mine is so boring. Although my great-grandfather’s name was Dragojub, pronounced dra-GO-yoob.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer the ‘Hot Takes’ thread or the ‘Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u]’ thread? Why?
Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] - I haven’t looked at Hot Takes yet!

Me not getting tagged by anyone :cry:

Just kidding, your guys’ names are all so great! Thank you all for participating :slight_smile:

I wasn’t sure where to tag you. I interact with you quite a bit, so that category was out. I wasn’t sure which other category you fit into for me… if I had to categorize you, it would be as:

Tag a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] who has taught you something new almost every time you have interacted @eileithyia

1 Like

[name_f]Josepha[/name_f]

[name_m]Julius[/name_m]

[name_f]Philophrosyne[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f]

right now there are no special personal meanings behind my names, so here’s a story about how I came up with my favourite combo:

I was on [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]'s name page. [name_f]Josepha[/name_f] was listed as a variant. I thought “huh? How ugly is that!” but a few minutes later I was like “aww so ugly and clunky and sweet!” :grin: I paired it with a even clunkier name to get the clunkiest, ugliest combo ever and… got my favourite name ever :grin:

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Blanchefleur[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a few days old.

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]. I mentioned it in my second post on NB!

[name_f]Josepha[/name_f] :')

Hmm… no one named [name_f]Philophrosyne[/name_f] or Imnechildis in the whole world so maybe those? I have many rare names, though.

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

Oof… hard. Maybe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I like it but not like some others.

[name_u]Blakely[/name_u]

[name_f]Narcissa[/name_f]

Hmm… do [name_f]Narcissa[/name_f] or [name_f]Blanchefleur[/name_f] (literally “white flower”) count? Otherwise, probably [name_m]Narcissus[/name_m].

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_f]Philophrosyne[/name_f]! It’s a moon of [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u].

[name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f].

Also [name_f]Philophrosyne[/name_f] (can you tell I love it? :grin:)

[name_f]Narcissa[/name_f]!

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_m]Theophilus[/name_m]?

[name_m]Claudius[/name_m]

[name_f]Stellamaris[/name_f]

Hmm… none?

[name_f]Aroha[/name_f]!

[name_f]Aoife[/name_f]

Umm… [name_f]Mary[/name_f]? It’s the [name_f]English[/name_f] variant of [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]-[name_u]Maria[/name_u]/Marie etc. so I guess it counts?

Well… there are a lot. Maybe [name_u]Ira[/name_u] (dotless ı, unrelated to hebrew ira) today.

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]

[name_f]Ruri[/name_f]

[name_f]Iolana[/name_f]

[name_m]Aditya[/name_m]

[name_u]Konstantin[/name_u]

Hmm… I love [name_u]Anele[/name_u]! It’s a Zulu name.

Umm… both me and @rosepip like greek names

@leafsgirl44! Her names are gorgeous!

@Florimell

Oof… someone mentioned [name_f]Ermentrude[/name_f] on one of my threads but I can’t remember who. They didn’t just helped me discover a new name, my entire style!

Always interested in what @seawillow comes up with

Also @rosepip, I think (her dark academia list was a treasure.)

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

Oh my… there are a lot :')

I don’t do them personally, but like them when the right names are paired! I used to have [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Lilou[/name_f]) on my list.

Yes. I don’t choose a name simply for its meaning, but good meanings are definitely a plus.

I want all names to become gender neutral. But not today. When sexism still exists, still has a huge influence, it just feels silly to claim everything should be non-gendered? We haven’t fixed other issues yet. I would happily name my daughter [name_u]James[/name_u] when I can name my son [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], but the latter is not possible in today’s world so why the former.

Hmm, yes? I mean, most of my names never are/were popular so I don’t know how would I react if thay were. I probably wouldn’t use very popular ones like, say, [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or Charlotte though.

0%.

I’m all for using your culture’s name if you want to. People can (and have to) learn how to say it, we shouldn’t erase a culture for their comfort.

Not really.

Ceylin. Hate it :joy:

Hmm… [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]? [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is the birthstone of [name_u]June[/name_u].

[name_f]My[/name_f] great grandmother’s name, Sare. I love it but she hated it - her last will included no one should be named after her! :woozy_face:

Maybe İlyas. There aren’t exciting names tbh.

This is like asking “apple or water”… I like and use them for different reasons. It’s interesting to hear opinions on Hot Takes but Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] is very useful, so I’d vote for Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] Thread.

[name_f]My[/name_f] name?

Hmm, I’ll edit this and add some later. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t have any nice pictures on my computer.

6 Likes

1. What is your favorite girl’s name? Isabella/Isabel

2. What is your favorite boy’s name? Currently [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]

3. What is the longest name/combo on your list? Maximilian

4. What is the shortest name/combo on your list? Anna and [name_m]Carl[/name_m]

5. Tell me the story behind a favorite name of yours. I’ll tell about [name_u]Auberon[/name_u], I heard it here on Nameberry and found out that it means “noble bear”. Since bear has been my favourite animal like forever, I fell in love with [name_u]Auberon[/name_u] right away.

6. What is the newest name/combo on your list? Valentin

7. What is the oldest name/combo on your list? Luca

8. What is the most underrated name on your list? (In your opinion!) Probably [name_m]Filip[/name_m]

9. What is the most unique name on your list? Antoinetta

10. What is the most common/popular name on your list? Oliver, it’s so common literally everywhere!

11. If you had to let go of a name on your list, which name would it be? Maybe [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] or [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]

12. What name on your list did you fall in love with at first sight? Most of them, but especially [name_u]Auberon[/name_u]

1. What is your favorite trendy name? If popular counts as trendy, [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/Isabella

2. What is your ultimate GP name? Sixtus

3. What is your favorite floral name? Rose

4. What is your favorite word name? (non-floral) I don’t really like any word names, but maybe [name_u]Falcon[/name_u]

5. What is your favorite space-themed name? Amalthea

6. What is your favorite month or week name? August

7. What is your favorite Greek mythology name? Afrodite

8. What is your favorite name from [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] Fred

9. What is your favorite name from F.R.I.E.N.D.S? I don’t watch Friends so I don’t know

10. What is your favorite biblical name? Solomon is pretty cool

11. What is your favorite name with an unfortunate meaning? Tristan, if I remember correctly, it means sad or something like that

12. What is your favorite name with a meaning related to the ocean? Caspian, if it counts

13. What is your favorite totally made-up name? I’m not a fan of made up names

I’ll skip category 3 since I do not know many international names

1. Tag a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] with names of a very similar style to you @Mary_Rose or @OpheliaFlora

2. Tag a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] with OPPOSITE style to you, but whose names you love anyway I don’t really know

3. Tag a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] whose names you admire from afar, but rarely speak to Not sure about this either

4. Tag a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] who helped you discover a love for a new name So many Berries, probably most of the names on my list I first heard on Nameberry

5. Tag a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] whose names you’re always on the lookout for @ethelmary has so cool names!

6. Tag a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] who influenced your naming style @ethelmary and @EllieWilbury

1. What’s a name everyone seems to love, but you’re not a fan of? Wren, just not my style

2. What’s a name everyone seems to dislike, but you love? Filip, I never hear it anywhere

3. What do you think of alliterative names? What’s your favorite alliterative name? I’m not a big fan of them

4. Do name meanings matter to you? A bit, I do prefer names with good meanings.

5. What’s your opinion on traditionally masculine names for girls, and traditionally feminine names for boys? Honestly, I don’t like this trend at all. A girl does not need a masculine name to be strong nor does a boy need a feminine name to be gentle and sensitive.

6. Does name popularity influence your name decisions? Not really, I have many very popular names and also very unique names on my list.

7. How much do other [name_u]Berry[/name_u] opinions influence your name decisions? A little bit, but not much.

8. What’s your opinion on using long, (but beautiful), easily mispronounced non-[name_f]English[/name_f] names in an [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking country? Well, I don’t live in an [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking country.

9. Do you follow naming trends? I wouldn’t say so.

1. What was the FIRST name you can remember loving? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you still like/love it now? Hubert. I was like two years old. I don’t love it, it sounds too clunky, but I don’t hate it.

2. Cutest matching names for twins? I really like [name_m]Theodor[/name_m] & [name_m]Leopold[/name_m].

3. If you had to give your kid a family name, what name would you pick? Erik.

4. What’s the best name in your family tree? Erik, again.

5. Do you prefer the ‘Hot Takes’ thread or the Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] thread? Why? Actually, I don’t really use these threads.

6. Show me some ‘aesthetic’ pictures that you feel match the vibe of your name. *This is only one photo but:

5 Likes

1. What is your favorite girl’s name? [name_f]Salem[/name_f]
  2. What is your favorite boy’s name? Right now it’s [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
  3. What is the longest name/combo on your list? [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] [name_m]Archibald[/name_m]
  4. What is the shortest name/combo on your list? [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Kit[/name_m]
  5. Tell me the story behind a favorite name of yours. One of my favorite combos I’ve ever come up with is [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]. Oliver James is also a song by the band Fleet Foxes, whom I’ve been listening to for 10-15 years, but I somehow never knew about that particular song. Made me laugh when I heard it for the first time.
  6. What is the newest name/combo on your list? [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] [name_f]Lucette[/name_f]
  7. What is the oldest name/combo on your list? [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]
  8. What is the most underrated name on your list? (In your opinion!) [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m]. But I’m kind of glad it’s underrated because I really don’t want it to get popular
  9. What is the most unique name on your list? Probably [name_f]Gyda[/name_f]
  10. What is the most common/popular name on your list? [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], I think.
  11. If you had to let go of a name on your list, which name would it be? [name_f]Helen[/name_f]
  12. What name on your list did you fall in love with at first sight? I’ve loved [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] since I was around 5 and saw the movie Oliver and Company. First time I heard it I was totally smitten.

1. What is your favorite trendy name? Trendy like popular? or trendy like I think it will come and go? If you mean popularity, It would be [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. If you mean a name that will come and go, I really like [name_m]Julian[/name_m], and I’m not convinced that it’s going to stay in the top 50 for long.
  2. What is your ultimate GP name? I really like the name [name_f]Sugar[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Nike[/name_f].
  3. What is your favorite floral name? [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
  4. What is your favorite word name? (non-floral) [name_u]Kit[/name_u] or [name_u]Rainn[/name_u]
  5. What is your favorite space-themed name? Probably [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] or [name_f]Nova[/name_f]
  6. What is your favorite month or week name? (e.g. July, Friday) [name_u]August[/name_u]
  7. What is your favorite Greek mythology name? [name_f]Calliope[/name_f].
  8. What is your favorite name from Harry Potter? [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
  9. What is your favorite name from F.R.I.E.N.D.S? [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. I love Joey!
  10. What is your favorite biblical name? Right now I’m going to say [name_m]Judah[/name_m]
  11. What is your favorite name with an unfortunate meaning? Probably [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], I would absolutely still use it though.
  12. What is your favorite name with a meaning related to the ocean? [name_f]Marriah[/name_f]
  13. What is your favorite totally made-up name? [name_f]Jovie[/name_f]

1. What is your favorite Māori name? I’ve always liked [name_m]Kai[/name_m], which I just realized means sea, so it also pertains to the ocean!
  2. What is your favorite Irish name? I don’t think I can choose for this one, a lot of my favorite names are Irish or Gaelic in origin. For the sake of picking something, I’ll say [name_f]Siobhan[/name_f], but it should be noted that probably half my list is Irish or Gaelic.
  3. What is your favorite English name? ugh this is so hard, I have too many names on my list. Today, let’s say [name_u]Dana[/name_u]
  4. What is your favorite Turkish name? [name_m]Arda[/name_m]
  5. What is your favorite Hebrew name? Too many to choose! [name_f]Micaiah[/name_f]
  6. What is your favorite Japanese name? [name_f]Suki[/name_f]
  7. What is your favorite Hawaiian name? [name_f]Nalani[/name_f]
  8. What is your favorite Indian name? [name_f]Gita[/name_f]
  9. What is your favorite Russian name? [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]
  10. List some other international favorites of various origins! [name_f]Nadia[/name_f], [name_f]Tula[/name_f], [name_f]Jerusha[/name_f], [name_f]Fairuza[/name_f]

1. Tag a Berry with names of a very similar style to you @firefly305
  2. Tag a Berry with OPPOSITE style to you, but whose names you love anyway: @futuremama
  3. Tag a Berry whose names you admire from afar, but rarely speak to: Like, everyone, I’m not very social
  4. Tag a Berry who helped you discover a love for a new name: @Gia.berry helped me rediscover [name_f]Honey[/name_f]
  5. Tag a Berry whose names you’re always on the lookout for: I’m not gonna do this one cause it’s the same as my answer to 36.
  6. Tag a Berry who influenced your naming style: I wouldn’t say that I’ve really been influenced by the people here very much. My biggest influence is probably my mom.

1. What’s a name everyone seems to love, but you’re not a fan of? [name_f]Freya[/name_f], I just don’t get it.
  2. What’s a name everyone seems to dislike, but you love? [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], I guess. This was hard to answer because I don’t really know what other people really dislike, but I almost never see anyone talking about [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], and I’ve always loved it.
  3. What do you think of alliterative names? What’s your favorite alliterative name? (e.g. Alaska Anouk, Madeleine Mae): I guess they’re okay, though I really dislike it when both names end in the same syllable. [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Lucette[/name_f].
  4. Do name meanings matter to you? Not really. Only if they’re really bad.
  5. What’s your opinion on traditionally masculine names for girls, and traditionally feminine names for boys? It really depends. Mostly I’m indifferent, but sometimes I really dislike them. Why anyone would name a girl [name_m]George[/name_m] is beyond me. That being said, I don’t think that surname names have genders. Everyone is always trying to say that [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] is a boy’s name. Like, how? It’s a surname. Literally the most famous [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] in the world ([name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]) is a woman.
  6. Does name popularity influence your name decisions? Hugely. I don’t want to use anything in the top 500.
  7. How much do other Berry opinions influence your name decisions? Very Little. Not in a mean way, I just tend to be very sure of myself when it comes to the names I like.
  8. What’s your opinion on using long, (but beautiful), easily mispronounced non-English names in an English-speaking country? Do what you want, but I don’t think it would be fair of them to get uppity when people aren’t familiar with the name or mispronounce it.
  9. Do you follow naming trends? Not at all, in fact, I get really upset when the names I like happen to be on trend. I was so annoyed when I found out that [name_f]Nova[/name_f] was one of the most popular names of 2020 :roll_eyes:.

1. What was the FIRST name you can remember loving? Do you still like/love it now? [name_m]Oliver[/name_], and yes, I still love it.
  2. Cutest matching names for twins? I’ve always had a secret soft spot for matching names for twins, something like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. They could go by Ollie and Liv, it wouldn’t be too bad
  3. If you had to give your kid a family name, what name would you pick? [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] or [name_m]William[/name_m]
  4. What’s the best name in your family tree? I don’t know, man, there are so many, my family is huge.
  5. Do you prefer the ‘Hot Takes’ thread or the ‘Quick Poll’ thread? Why? Quick Poll. Because I disagree with a lot of the hot takes and it makes me more emotional than it should.
  6. Show me some ‘aesthetic’ pictures that you feel match the vibe of your name. I literally don’t know what people mean by this. Names are really versatile, I wouldn’t have a single clue where to start with this.
4 Likes

(it’s actually not turkish! that was a small mistake in the nameberry database :grin: lovely name, though!)

2 Likes

Thanks for telling me! I had no idea about the origin, I’ve just always liked it. I feel like nameberry gets the background info about names wrong pretty often.

1 Like

1. What is your favorite girl’s name?
[name_f]My[/name_f] long time favourite has been [name_u]Eden[/name_u] for the longest time, im just never sure if id use it for a daughter of mine. I also have adored [name_f]Priya[/name_f] since I was small :heartbeat:
2. What is your favorite boy’s name?
Its a toss between [name_m]Iver[/name_m] and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]! Today, i’d say [name_m]Iver[/name_m].
3. What is the longest name/combo on your list?
Hm, I’d say my longest names are probably like [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], etc. They arent even really that long!
4. What is the shortest name/combo on your list?
[name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_m]Vin[/name_m], and [name_u]Fen[/name_u] are all my shortest names! Shortest combo… Maybe [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Greer[/name_u]?
5. Tell me the story behind a favorite name of yours.

[details=“[name_u]Eden[/name_u]”]
I’ve posted this before somewhere, but I’ll tell it again! When I was younger, I lived in this property that was owned by the humanitarian organisation that my grandfather started (and my parents worked within this community!) Anyways, it had the biggest and most beautiful garden. Being around 7 years old, I obviously spent all my time in this garden. There were tire swings, flower beds, ‘fairy baths’ (succulents I think) veggie gardens, a tennis court, and these incredibly grand stairs that I would pretend I was some lost princess on. I loved this garden with my whole heart, I still love it even today. When I was little, this garden held so much magic towards me, and I remember hearing about the Garden of [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and being so entranced, and to me, that garden was my little garden of [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. One time I was tending to the flower baths, I took out all the old leaves and left little gifts of violets and honey, and somebody was playing this grand piano in the ballroom. It was quite an old house, so it had these old-vents-that-werent-really-vents-just-holes-in-the-wall, and so sound came out towards the garden pretty easily. Anyways, here I was, tending to my little fairy baths in my very own Garden of [name_u]Eden[/name_u], and the most beautiful piano tune begins to fill the air. [name_f]My[/name_f] world twinkled so brightly in that moment, the smell of violets and honey, the soft keys of the piano, and the magic that covered every inch of that garden. Oops, I rambled.
So, [name_u]Eden[/name_u]! A magical name for that magical part of my childhood.
The purest form of serenity, peace, and joy all wrapped up into one name.
[/details]

6. What is the newest name/combo on your list?
Newest name: [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
Newest combo: [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u] (not too sure on this one!)
7. What is the oldest name/combo on your list?
[name_u]Eden[/name_u], lol! Oldest combo… I think it would be [name_u]Amory[/name_u] [name_m]Fane[/name_m]!
8. What is the most underrated name on your list? (In your opinion!)
[name_m]Vin[/name_m] and [name_u]Fen[/name_u]! :pleading_face: I just love them.
9. What is the most unique name on your list?
Hmm, it might actually be [name_m]Vin[/name_m] and [name_u]Fen[/name_u]? I never hear about them anywhere really. Also probably [name_f]Runa[/name_f]!
10. What is the most common/popular name on your list?
Im soo bad at popularity, but its probably [name_f]Emma[/name_f].
11. If you had to let go of a name on your list, which name would it be?
Probably [name_f]Gala[/name_f]. Its so pretty to me and I think it would be wonderful. But perhaps its too wordy and ‘apple-y’
12. What name on your list did you fall in love with at first sight?
[name_u]Briar[/name_u] and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]!

13. What is your favorite trendy name?
Is [name_u]Harper[/name_u] trendy?
14. What is your ultimate GP name?
[name_f]Leia[/name_f]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] love love it, and I love [name_f]Leia[/name_f] from star wars, but I dont know… its a huge association
15. What is your favorite floral name?
I really do just love the simple [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is also gorgeous.
16. What is your favorite word name? (non-floral)
Really love [name_u]Revere[/name_u] and [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u]! Also loved [name_f]Providence[/name_f], but maybe too heavy?
17. What is your favorite space-themed name?
[name_u]Mars[/name_u] and [name_f]Venus[/name_f]!
18. What is your favorite month or week name? (e.g. July, Friday)
[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] nn [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], but [name_m]Friday[/name_m] nn [name_f]Frida[/name_f] would also be :pleading_face:
For months… maybe the simple [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u]?
19. What is your favorite Greek mythology name?

I actually prefer many of the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] ones! [name_u]Mercury[/name_u], [name_u]Mars[/name_u], [name_f]Venus[/name_f], [name_f]Vesta[/name_f] and [name_f]Ceres[/name_f] :heart: Uhh but of the Greek ones… [name_f]Hera[/name_f] is lovely!
20. What is your favorite name from Harry Potter?
I did really love the name [name_f]Narcissa[/name_f]!
21. What is your favorite name from F.R.I.E.N.D.S?
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f] (lol, both of Chandlers parents!)
22. What is your favorite biblical name?
[name_u]Micah[/name_u], [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], and [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] (but im not too sure, im not very familiar with biblical names)
23. What is your favorite name with an unfortunate meaning?
hmm, I dont really have any! Maybe [name_f]Manon[/name_f] (bitter)?
24. What is your favorite name with a meaning related to the ocean?
[name_f]Marisha[/name_f]!
25. What is your favorite totally made-up name?
Ohh I dont really know if I have one…
*CATEGORY 3: INTERNATIONAL NAMES
26. What is your favorite Māori name?
Katerine or [name_f]Mahina[/name_f]!
27. What is your favourite Irish name?
[name_f]Aoife[/name_f]!
28. What is your favorite English name?
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]!
29. What is your favorite Turkish name?
[name_m]Aslan[/name_m]! (I think its Turkish?)
30. What is your favorite Hebrew name?
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]! [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Lior[/name_u]!
31. What is your favorite Japanese name?
Sōsuke! [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Chihiro[/name_f]
32. What is your favorite Hawaiian name?
[name_u]Kai[/name_u], or Maleko!
33. What is your favorite Indian name?
[name_f]Priya[/name_f]! [name_m]Amir[/name_m] (few different backgrounds!) [name_u]Devi[/name_u]! [name_f]Chandra[/name_f]! [name_f]Indira[/name_f]! Kashi!
34. What is your favorite Russian name?
[name_f]Katarina[/name_f], [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m], [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] and [name_m]Ivan[/name_m]!
35. List some other international favorites of various origins!
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f], [name_f]Vilja[/name_f] and Säde!

36. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry with names of a very similar style to you
hmm, im not very good at this! Maybe @eileithyia?
Theres some differences (yours tend to be more germanic!), but I do love every one of your names (and because of your theory :wink:) :heart::heart:
37. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry with OPPOSITE style to you, but whose names you love anyway
@seawillow :heart:
38. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry whose names you admire from afar, but rarely speak to
@hyacinthbucket & @Gia.berry :heart:
39. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry who helped you discover a love for a new name
@EllieWilbury, I believe I found Säde through you! Its gorgeous.
40. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry whose names you’re always on the lookout for
@Luminen! :heart:
41. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry who influenced your naming style
Im not too sure!

42. What’s a name everyone seems to love, but you’re not a fan of?
Hmm, maybe [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]?
43. What’s a name everyone seems to dislike, but you love?
[name_m]Vin[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_tear:
44. What do you think of alliterative names? What’s your favorite alliterative name? (e.g. Alaska [Anouk](Anouk - Baby Name Meaning, Origin, and Popularity | Nameberry), Madeleine Mae)
I really love them! Id love something like [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] [name_u]Adair[/name_u], or [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]Lior[/name_u]!
45. [name_f]Do[/name_f] name meanings matter to you?
Hmm, id prefer a nice meaning! It doesnt really matter all that much to me though, my personal meaning I attach to the name means much more to me.
46. What’s your opinion on traditionally masculine names for girls, and traditionally feminine names for boys?
Neutral! Not totally my thing, but I think people should use whatever names they like (respectfully, of course!)
47. Does name popularity influence your name decisions?
Not at all really, since im not naming a real child at the moment! Maybe in the future it might be an issue to me.
48. How much do other Berry opinions influence your name decisions?
Sometimes!
49. What’s your opinion on using long, (but beautiful), easily mispronounced non-English names in an English-speaking country?
Im a firm believer of ‘use it anyway’. People should be willing to learn how to pronounce new and unfamiliar names without being rude or judgemental.
50. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you follow naming trends?
hmm, dont think so!

51. What was the FIRST name you can remember loving? Do you still like/love it now?
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]! Yes, still love it. Im unsure for a real child though, I dont know why!
52. Cutest matching names for twins?
I would love to have a [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] and a [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], but it does feel quite matchy :smiling_face_with_tear:
53. If you had to give your kid a family name, what name would you pick?
Um… [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] or [name_m]Jabez[/name_m].
54. What’s the best name in your family tree?
I do really like [name_f]Sonja[/name_f]!
55. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer the ‘Hot Takes’ thread or the ‘Quick Poll’ thread? Why?
I dont go on either much. I do like quick poll though, since its an easy way to get feedback without all the fuss of making a thread.
56. Show me some ‘aesthetic’ pictures that you feel match the vibe of your name
Im not sure! :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

I love doing that! The way I name a lot of my characters is by taking my favorite names that I feel are unusable and just smooshing them together. [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] [name_u]Remington[/name_u] [name_u]Shaw[/name_u] is one of my favorites, he’s the villain in the Dungeons and Dragons game I’m running.

1 Like

omg thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What is your favorite girl’s name? [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!
What is your favorite boy’s name? [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] or [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m], depending on the day.
What is the longest name/combo on your list? [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
What is the shortest name/combo on your list? Hmm [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] [name_u]Brave[/name_u]?
Tell me the story behind a favorite name of yours. I don’t have any crazy stories, but I think what made me love [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] is kinda cute. I started liking it more when I read [name_m]Howl[/name_m]‘s Moving Castle, in which she’s the main character’s sister. It was my first time hearing it (or so I thought) but it felt kind of familiar. After a while I realized why! When I was 8 or 9 my absolute favourite book for a few months was called ‘’[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Lettie[/name_f]’’ ([name_f]Lottie[/name_f] and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] in [name_f]English[/name_f], but they changed the names in the Greek translation)
What is the newest name/combo on your list? [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Oren[/name_m] are newer loves of mine!
What is the oldest name/combo on your list? [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Bee[/name_f] has been in my UC for about a year now
What is the most underrated name on your list? (In your opinion!) [name_f]My[/name_f] list is way too big so I’ll do the most underrated from my top 20. [name_f]Estella[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Oren[/name_m] for a boy.
What is the most unique name on your list? There are a lot, from [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] to [name_u]Hummingbird[/name_u], so I’m doing my top 20 again. Probably [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
What is the most common/popular name on your list? By US statistics: [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. By UK statistics, [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m].
If you had to let go of a name on your list, which name would it be? [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_u]Oleander[/name_u]. Mostly because I don’t love the nicknames.
What name on your list did you fall in love with at first sight? [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]!

What is your favorite trendy name? [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] or [name_u]Edison[/name_u] for a boy, [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] for a girl (UK stats)
What is your ultimate GP name? Nausicaa
What is your favorite floral name? Does [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] count? If not, [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
What is your favorite word name? (non-floral) [name_u]Robin[/name_u] or [name_u]Honor[/name_u]
What is your favorite space-themed name? [name_f]Astraea[/name_f]
What is your favorite month or week name? (e.g. [name_u]July[/name_u], [name_m]Friday[/name_m]) [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u]
What is your favorite Greek mythology name? [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
What is your favorite name from [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]? [name_f]Molly[/name_f] or [name_m]Seamus[/name_m]
What is your favorite name from F.R.I.E.N.D.S? [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
What is your favorite biblical name? [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
What is your favorite name with an unfortunate meaning? [name_m]Cecil[/name_m]
What is your favorite name with a meaning related to the ocean? Plain [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]! But if that doesn’t count then [name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
What is your favorite totally made-up name? [name_f]Elsinore[/name_f]

What is your favorite Māori name? I have an OC named Rewi!
What is your favorite Irish name? [name_m]Seamus[/name_m]
What is your favorite [name_f]English[/name_f] name? [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
What is your favorite Turkish name? Manolya
What is your favorite Hebrew name? [name_m]Oren[/name_m]
What is your favorite Japanese name? Saori and [name_u]Haru[/name_u]
What is your favorite Hawaiian name? [name_f]Noelani[/name_f]
What is your favorite [name_f]Indian[/name_f] name? [name_f]Diya[/name_f]
What is your favorite Russian name? [name_m]Aleksei[/name_m]

List some other international favorites of various origins! [name_u]Floris[/name_u] ([name_m]Dutch[/name_m]), [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] (Scottish), [name_f]Solveig[/name_f] (Norwegian), [name_f]Thora[/name_f] (Norse), [name_f]Elke[/name_f] ([name_m]Dutch[/name_m]), Arben (Albanian)

What’s a name everyone seems to love, but you’re not a fan of? [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
What’s a name everyone seems to dislike, but you love? [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f]
What do you think of alliterative names? What’s your favorite alliterative name? (e.g. [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]) I like them! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite alliterative combo would be [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] or [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] name meanings matter to you? Not really.
What’s your opinion on traditionally masculine names for girls, and traditionally feminine names for boys? I don’t personally like them, unless they have become truly unisex over time.
Does name popularity influence your name decisions? Yes! I wouldn’t use a name in real life if it was in the top 100. I wouldn’t use a top 200 name in general unless I really, really loved it.
How much do other [name_u]Berry[/name_u] opinions influence your name decisions? Other berries have managed to sway me on names I disliked so there’s that ( @ [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f])
What’s your opinion on using long, (but beautiful), easily mispronounced non-[name_f]English[/name_f] names in an [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking country? As someone who has a long, easily mispronounced in [name_f]English[/name_f] name, I think they’re a bad idea. They just make life hard for no reason.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you follow naming trends? I guess so? Vintage names and nickname names are all the rage in the UK, so.

What was the FIRST name you can remember loving? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you still like/love it now? Hmm I remember that some of the names on my first ever UC were [name_f]Alessia[/name_f], [name_m]Matthias[/name_m], [name_m]Lukas[/name_m], [name_f]Edeline[/name_f], [name_f]Liviana[/name_f] and [name_m]Emil[/name_m]. I still like [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] and [name_m]Emil[/name_m]!
Cutest matching names for twins? If I had twins I’d probably do a nature theme. Think [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] [name_u]Fox[/name_u] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] or something.
If you had to give your kid a family name, what name would you pick? [name_f]Odette[/name_f] and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] ‘’[name_u]Noel[/name_u]‘’
What’s the best name in your family tree? Probably [name_f]Odette[/name_f]!
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer the ‘Hot Takes’ thread or the ‘Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u]’ thread? Why? I use the quick poll thread more, so that one.
Show me some ‘aesthetic’ pictures that you feel match the vibe of your name [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is very orange, cheerful and slightly vintage-y to me.

6 Likes

[name_f]Elena[/name_f]

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

[name_m]Matthias[/name_m] is the longest name with eight letters and three syllables. [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] are in second place and I also like [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] and [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] together so that makes [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] or [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] my longest combo.

[name_f]Mia[/name_f] and [name_u]Sam[/name_u] have the least amount of letters. [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_m]Mees[/name_m] and [name_f]Roos[/name_f] have the least amount of syllables. Therefore, I could say that [name_u]Sam[/name_u] is really the shortest name on my list.

One of my favorite names is Eise. Eise Eisinga was a Frisian astronomer who lived in the 18th century. He was actually a wool dyer but he studied a lot of mathematics and astronomy. Inside his living room he built a planetarium and as of today it’s still functioning!

[name_f]Nora[/name_f]. It’s a bit further down the list than my most favorite names but I’ve recently been liking [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. And Juriaan is also new.

[name_f]Luna[/name_f]

[name_f]Nella[/name_f]

Locally, probably [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] or [name_m]Remus[/name_m]. Worldwide, maybe Merlijn, Juriaan or Eise.

[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. I think both locally and worldwide!

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]. I think it’s a nice name but I don’t have truly special feelings for it.

[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]

Liv?

Pandora with nickname Panda

Roos. It’s Dutch for rose.

Mees. It’s Dutch for chickadee.

Luna. Or Eise, if it counts, as Eise Eisinga was on astronomer. Or even Artemis, again, if it counts, as she was a goddess of the moon.

18. What is your favorite month or week name? (e.g. July, Friday)
June

Artemis

20. What is your favorite name from Harry Potter?
Luna or Remus

Michael. I haven’t watched it so I don’t know all names from F.R.I.E.N.D.S but I found Michael on a list with characters.

Elias

Casimir, it means destroyer of peace.

Marit, it’s a variation of Margaretha, which means pearl.

Èowyn. Although you could argue whether it’s really totally made up because Tolkien invented it but he did base it on Old English.

[name_f]Hester[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], or [name_f]Clemence[/name_f].
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] or [name_m]Kester[/name_m].
For girls its tied between [name_f]Marjolaine[/name_f] and [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u].
For boys there’s a three-way tie between [name_m]Cavanaugh[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Thackeray[/name_m].
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] for a girl, [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Sol[/name_u] and [name_u]Sky[/name_u] for a boy!
I used to have [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] on my list, because I really liked the nickname [name_m]Shep[/name_m], and I still think [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is a great name for someone else but not for me. Sadly, it didn’t pass the “name test” (introducing the name, calling it across a crowd, etc) and ultimately felt too religious. I played around with [name_m]Shep[/name_m] and eventually came up with Shepley, which isn’t listed on NB but is on other name sites and is an [name_f]English[/name_f] surname meaning “from the sheep’s meadow”. So now I get to keep the nickname [name_m]Shep[/name_m], but I have a full name that passes the tests!
I added [name_u]Greer[/name_u] to my girls list today! And I added [name_m]Vance[/name_m] to the boys last week.
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] was on my list before I actually had a “list”, so probably [name_f]Martha[/name_f]. For boys, maybe [name_m]Fred[/name_m]? I’m not sure.
Either [name_f]Ochre[/name_f] or [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] for girls. Whenever I’ve mentioned them on here they just don’t seem to get love! And I know [name_f]Ochre[/name_f] is super rare, which is surprising given that it’s basically the same as [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]. Maybe the pronunciation is off-putting?
Oop, I already answered this, it’s [name_f]Ochre[/name_f]. For boys maybe Haskey or Shepley?
Using the UK popularity chart, [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]. I love it but I already know a fair few Alices anyway so I don’t know if I’d actually use it.
[name_m]Kester[/name_m]! It was suggested to me on my “K names” thread and I’d never heard it before and I instantly put it at the top of my list. And now I’m in a constant dilemma of whether I’ll end up using [name_f]Hester[/name_f] for a girl or [name_m]Kester[/name_m] for a boy (because I obviously can’t use both!). I guess time will tell.

I actually kinda love [name_u]Hayden[/name_u], but all the -ayden names puts me off using it.
Gosh, so many. [name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f], [name_u]Navy[/name_u], [name_u]Maddox[/name_u] and [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] come to mind.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]! You can’t beat the classic [name_f]Rose[/name_f].
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f] for a girl, [name_u]Sky[/name_u] for a boy.
[name_f]Amalthea[/name_f] - it’s a moon of [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u]! And, come to think of it, [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u].
18. What is your favorite month or week name?
All of them! I have [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] on my list but I have a soft spot for the rarer weekday names like [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] and [name_m]Thursday[/name_m]. [name_u]March[/name_u] and [name_u]September[/name_u] are possibly my favourite month names, but I genuinely love them all.
I have any Greek myth names on my lists but maybe [name_u]Demeter[/name_u], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] or [name_m]Castor[/name_m]?
20. What is your favorite name from [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]?
All the Weasleys! [name_u]Percy[/name_u], [name_m]Fred[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] especially. And [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] of course!
Maybe [name_u]Joey[/name_u]?
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m].
[name_u]Mallory[/name_u] - literally.
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]! It means “sea-born”.
Lilivere.

26. What is your favorite Māori name?
[name_f]Aroha[/name_f] and [name_u]Koa[/name_u].
27. What is your favorite Irish name?
[name_f]Oona[/name_f] and [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m].
28. What is your favorite [name_f]English[/name_f] name?
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] and [name_u]Stanley[/name_u].
29. What is your favorite Turkish name?
Adalet and Durul.
30. What is your favorite Hebrew name?
[name_f]Ardith[/name_f] and [name_m]Jacoby[/name_m].
31. What is your favorite Japanese name?
[name_f]Umeko[/name_f] and [name_m]Hiroshi[/name_m].
32. What is your favorite Hawaiian name?
[name_f]Leilani[/name_f] and Kainalu.
33. What is your favorite [name_f]Indian[/name_f] name?
[name_u]Deven[/name_u].
34. What is your favorite Russian name?
[name_f]Anoushka[/name_f]!
35. List some other international favorites of various origins!
[name_f]Emi[/name_f] (Japanese), [name_f]Delyth[/name_f], [name_f]Dilys[/name_f] (Welsh), [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_m]Lars[/name_m] (Scandinavian), [name_m]Piotr[/name_m] (Polish), Nikolaj (Danish).

36. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] with names of a very similar style to you
I don’t know that we’re very similar but I vibe with @MargotAbeline!
37. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] with OPPOSITE style to you, but whose names you love anyway
@leafsgirl44 & @ethelmary
38. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] whose names you admire from afar, but rarely speak to
@oceansea & @the.vintage.scribe
39. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] who helped you discover a love for a new name
@rhodes2nowhere with [name_u]Clove[/name_u]!
40. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] whose names you’re always on the lookout for
@katkabet, @rosepip & @lumosmaxima
41. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] who influenced your naming style
All of you!

42. What’s a name everyone seems to love, but you’re not a fan of?
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u].
43. What’s a name everyone seems to dislike, but you love?
[name_m]Wylder[/name_m] (yes, with a y!) and [name_m]Clint[/name_m].
44. What do you think of alliterative names? What’s your favorite alliterative name?
I love alliterative names! I think they sound bouncy and joyful. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite at the moment is @Raven-1013’s [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u].
45. [name_f]Do[/name_f] name meanings matter to you?
Overall, not that much, but I’d say I do consider them. Most of my favourite names are based on sound and look alone, but if it has a nice meaning that’s a bonus! And unfortunately, as much as I love [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], I’d feel so odd giving it to a child given that I really don’t like horses.
46. What’s your opinion on traditionally masculine names for girls, and traditionally feminine names for boys?
Tough question! I think a lot of word names just shouldn’t have a gender. Who decided that [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is feminine? Boys can be joyous! But unfortunately some names do have expected genders in our society and naming another human isn’t about you, it’s about them and sending them into the world with an identity they can wear proudly. So I’d say, gender-bend names for fun if that makes you happy, but when naming a child, proceed with caution - and maybe give them a traditional middle to fall back on.
47. Does name popularity influence your name decisions?
I try not to let it influence me too much.
48. How much do other [name_u]Berry[/name_u] opinions influence your name decisions?
Too much. For the most part if a name I like isn’t well received on here I try not to let it get to me, but it does sometimes.
49. What’s your opinion on using long, (but beautiful), easily mispronounced non-[name_f]English[/name_f] names in an [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking country?
Go for it! But probably give them a middle name or a nickname thats pronounceable, just for simplicity in everyday life (and Starbucks!).
50. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you follow naming trends?
Unintentionally, yes. I’m aware that a lot of the “vintage” names on my list just aren’t really vintage anymore, they’re popular. It’s disappointing to admit that you’re just not that original!

51. What was the FIRST name you can remember loving? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you still like/love it now?
It’s hard to pinpoint a specific name but some names I loved as a child are [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] and [name_u]Embry[/name_u]. I still love [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], I don’t love [name_u]Embry[/name_u].
52. Cutest matching names for twins?
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_u]Sol[/name_u], [name_u]Tully[/name_u] and [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m], [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] and [name_f]Boheme[/name_f].
53. If you had to give your kid a family name, what name would you pick?
For a girl, [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] or [name_u]Marie[/name_u]. For a boy, [name_m]Clarence[/name_m]! (It’s on my list anyway!)
54. What’s the best name in your family tree?
[name_f]My[/name_f] great-grandma [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]. “[name_m]Just[/name_m]” [name_f]Minnie[/name_f].
55. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer the ‘Hot Takes’ thread or the ‘Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u]’ thread? Why?
I practically live on the Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] Thread! I love that I can give instant feedback on people’s name dilemmas and also get really fast feedback on my own. And as we all know, the poll isn’t there to tell you what others think, it’s to tell you what you really think in your heart!
56. Show me some ‘aesthetic’ pictures that you feel match the vibe of your name.
[name_f]My[/name_f] name as in, [name_f]Leanne[/name_f]? Tough question! [name_f]Leanne[/name_f] feels very pink and glittery to me, which isn’t what I’m like as a person at all.

This is how I see [name_f]Leanne[/name_f], the name

And this is how I see myself

10 Likes

category one!

1. atm [name_f]Judy[/name_f]!!
  2. Emmett? I am so bad at boy’s names
  3. Nothing sticks out but i think [name_f]Blanca[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!
  4. again, nothing sticks out but [name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
  5. Judy: the name of fictional character who saved my life and is generally the sweetest and loveliest character I’ve ever come across.
  6. Shoshana [name_u]Abril[/name_u]!
  7. apart from the old combos section, [name_f]Trina[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
  8. Trina. I love it so, so, so, so much and nobody else ever does :sleepy:
  9. Well, i got Angelie when i mispelled [name_f]Angeline[/name_f] and decided that i liked my mispelling more so that!
  10. Charlotte i think!
  11. Oh that’s a hard question… [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] maybe? I couldn’t get rid of any of them agh
  12. Dulcie!!

category two!
13) I actually quite like [name_f]Kinsley[/name_f]. And [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u].
14) [name_m]Reno[/name_m], for a girl
15) [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]!
16) [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]!
17) [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
18) [name_u]Abril[/name_u]! ([name_f]April[/name_f] in Spanish)
19) [name_f]Athena[/name_f]
20) [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
21) [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]? idk i’ve never watched it.
22) [name_f]Eve[/name_f]!
23) [name_f]Mara[/name_f].
24) Does [name_f]Marina[/name_f] count?
25) now idk if i made up Angelie, but i got it from a mispelling…

category 3 !
26) [name_f]Pania[/name_f]!
27) [name_f]Grainne[/name_f]!
28) [name_f]Kate[/name_f]!
29) [name_f]Alya[/name_f]
30) [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], and a lot more!
31) [name_u]Ren[/name_u]!
32) [name_f]Iolana[/name_f]!
33) [name_f]Jaya[/name_f]!
34) [name_f]Sonia[/name_f]!
35) [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] and [name_f]Caitriona[/name_f]- Scottish, [name_f]Blanca[/name_f] and [name_f]Estrella[/name_f]- Spanish, [name_f]Ilona[/name_f]- Hungarian

i cant do category four, havent talked to enough people lol

Category [name_m]Five[/name_m]!
42) oh uhhhh don’t hate me but most mythology names-
43) [name_f]Trina[/name_f]…
44) i think they can be cute sometimes!!
45) Not really, they can be a nice addition but not a dealbreaker unless it’s something truly awful
46) I don’t really like it for myself, but i don’t mind when others do!
47) Nope not really
48) A little bit, but i don’t think i’ve been here long enough really
49) i think people should go for it!! people will just have to learn how to pronounce it!
50) I’m not really sure

Category 6
51) [name_u]Carmel[/name_u]! I still like it, but i prefer [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] now!
52) hhh i dont know-
53) [name_u]Louise[/name_u] or [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
54) see above lol
55) Quick Polls! I like sharing opinions, without potentially angering people :flushed:
56) I don’t have any pictures on hand but my name’s [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] so uhhhh kind of romantic academia?

1 Like

Thank you so much! :yellow_heart:

I was actually planning to tag you on the same question!!

1 Like

I couldn’t select one favourite … but probably [name_f]Willa[/name_f] or [name_f]Evelina[/name_f].

[name_m]Even[/name_m] tougher here … [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Albie[/name_m] or [name_m]Casper[/name_m].

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u] is inspired by a little boy called [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] I met who was jumpy and sweet just like a [name_u]Finch[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]

Probably [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

[name_m]Franklin[/name_m], [name_m]Amaury[/name_m] & [name_f]Astraea[/name_f]

[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], [name_f]Elocadia[/name_f], Eirdís

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f]

Uhh … probably an international name I wouldn’t use because it’s not my culture, such as [name_m]Khamisi[/name_m].

[name_m]Albie[/name_m].

1. What is your favorite trendy name?
    [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], which is pretty popular where I am

2. What is your ultimate GP name?
    Voyage as a middle

3. What is your favorite floral name?
    [name_f]Clover[/name_f] & [name_u]Florian[/name_u]

4. What is your favorite word name? (non-floral)
    [name_u]Brave[/name_u]!

5. What is your favorite space-themed name?
    [name_u]Neptune[/name_u]!

6. What is your favorite month or week name? (e.g. July, Friday)
    [name_u]March[/name_u], [name_u]October[/name_u], [name_m]Friday[/name_m] and [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]

7. What is your favorite Greek mythology name?
    Oof … Probably [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] & [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m]

8. What is your favorite name from Harry Potter?
    [name_m]Sirius[/name_m], [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] & [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]

9. What is your favorite name from F.R.I.E.N.D.S?
    [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f]

10. What is your favorite biblical name?
    [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]!

11. What is your favorite name with an unfortunate meaning?
    [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

12. What is your favorite name with a meaning related to the ocean?
    [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] :ocean:

13. What is your favorite totally made-up name?
    Arietty

1. What is your favorite Māori name?
    [name_f]Aroha[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

2. What is your favorite Irish name?
    [name_f]Róisín[/name_f] & [name_m]Oisín[/name_m]

3. What is your favorite English name?
    [name_u]Willow[/name_u] & [name_f]Annie[/name_f]

4. What is your favorite Turkish name?
    [name_m]Efe[/name_m] & Akara

5. What is your favorite Hebrew name?
    [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] & [name_f]Anna[/name_f]

6. What is your favorite Japanese name?
    [name_u]Yuki[/name_u] :pleading_face:

7. What is your favorite Hawaiian name?
    [name_m]Keanu[/name_m]

8. What is your favorite Indian name?
    [name_m]Rudra[/name_m]

9. What is your favorite Russian name?
    [name_f]Anya[/name_f] & [name_u]Pasha[/name_u]

10. List some other international favorites of various origins!
    Saša — even though [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] would make much more sense for an [name_f]English[/name_f] person like me, Saša just looks so cool.
    [name_m]Khamisi[/name_m] — I just adore everything about it.

1. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry with names of a very similar style to you
    I would say @lylee has a fairly similar style (I love it anyway)

2. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry with OPPOSITE style to you, but whose names you love anyway
    @seawillow and @ethelmary (though I wouldn’t say [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]’s style is the opposite of mine, I just admire it anyway)

3. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry whose names you admire from afar, but rarely speak to
    @oceansea !

4. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry who helped you discover a love for a new name
    I definitely credit @katkabet for [name_m]Howie[/name_m], I spotted it in her UC some time ago
    And @almostactually, your UC was the place I fell in love with [name_u]Ira[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

5. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry whose names you’re always on the lookout for
    @Ameliaanwen @Kipperbo1 @may.rose and @futuremama

6. [name_m]Tag[/name_m] a Berry who influenced your naming style
    All you lovely people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. What’s a name everyone seems to love, but you’re not a fan of?
    [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

2. What’s a name everyone seems to dislike, but you love?
    [name_m]Winston[/name_m] (People say it’s a dog name only :cry:)

3. What do you think of alliterativeo names? What’s your favorite alliterative name? (e.g. Alaska Anouk, Madeleine Mae)
    I really like alliteration, but I somehow can’t find an alliterative combo I love, lol

4. [name_f]Do[/name_f] name meanings matter to you?
    Not at all, but I do love enhancing a name with a positive virtue name

5. What’s your opinion on traditionally masculine names for girls, and traditionally feminine names for boys?
    I quite like some feminine names for boys, such as [name_f]Eve[/name_f], or slightly masculine names for girls, such as [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], but I can’t get aboard with names such as [name_u]James[/name_u] for a girl

6. Does name popularity influence your name decisions?
    Definitely a bit. If I love a very popular name, I’d pair it with one not quite as much so

7. How much do other Berry opinions influence your name decisions?
    I love hearing others’ opinions, but I do often find myself putting the combo with the least votes on the Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] Thread in my UC anyway :woman_shrugging:

8. What’s your opinion on using long, (but beautiful), easily mispronounced non-English names in an English-speaking country?
    If it’s already used for [name_f]English[/name_f] children, it’s fine (e.g. [name_f]Kailani[/name_f]) but I wouldn’t do it if it was a totally unique, international name whose culture I have nothing to do with

9. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you follow naming trends?
    I like NB trends, and often find myself hooked on a name getting a lot of love here. With general name trends, it depends. I really like word and nature names, for example. I don’t really like th creative spelling name trend; 90% of the time I much prefer the original spelling.

1. What was the FIRST name you can remember loving? Do you still like/love it now?
    I remember naming a doll [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Adelynn[/name_f] when I was about 8 years old. I don’t like [name_f]Adelynn[/name_f] any more (much prefer [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]) but [name_u]River[/name_u] is still nice, even though I prefer it on a boy today.

2. Cutest matching names for twins?
    [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] & [name_m]Howie[/name_m]? or [name_f]Annie[/name_f] & [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] :pleading_face:

3. If you had to give your kid a family name, what name would you pick?
    [name_f]Ida[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

4. What’s the best name in your family tree?
    [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]

5. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer the ‘Hot Takes’ thread or the ‘Quick Poll’ thread? Why?
    Probably the Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] Thread, because it’s really helpful to get some opinions or help make decisions. But I really love seeing some Hot Takes, too!

6. Show me some ‘aesthetic’ pictures that you feel match the vibe of your name.

12 Likes