All your thoughts on Gabriel!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like/dislike it?

What vibe does it give off?

[name_m]How[/name_m] would you picture someone with this name?

Any instant associations?

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is a great classic! He’s smart, sophisticated and fun. I think it works as both a middle and a first. A more modern name would sound nice with it when paired together. The only downside to [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is the nickname, [name_m]Gabe[/name_m]. I can’t stand [name_m]Gabe[/name_m].

I’m right there with you, I really don’t like [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] but I’m really warming to the full name! Probably as a middle. Thank you for the input!

I’m definitely in the minority here, but I dislike [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]. For me it has fairly religious connotations and a religious vibe, which I personally don’t like. However, it has a lovely sound :slight_smile:

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is stunning and dashing. I like it immensely.

It gives me adventurer vibes. I imagine a globe-trotting traveler that makes everyone swoon. Warm, playful, mischievous, chivalrous, and heroic. You can’t go wrong with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], in my opinion. :slight_smile:

What springs to mind first, which could be a good or bad thing depending on your opinion, is the angelic being from the Bible that bears the name. For me it is a positive association and makes me like the name all the more.

LOVE this name! It’s a strong, masculine name you can’t go wrong with. It is a religious name, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing IMO. I like the connotation. I also have to disagree with pp, I really like the nickname Gabe. If you’d don’t like it how about Abe, Gav, Ree, El, Eli, Or Bree, but I think Gabe is the best nickname for it.

It almost gives me bad boy vibes.

In my mind I see a muscular, six foot tall, dashing man.

Imagery: sun, tanned skin, surfing, thunder and lightning, fresh cut grass, dogs in the park, waves crashing, brown eyes, late nights, country music, bonfires with drift wood, singing, and laughing

@mellona and @emmalou Thank you both, love that imagery and your enthusiasm for the name! :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], but I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Gabe[/name_m]. It seems I’m in the minority here. I like that [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] (and [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]) is traditional but not stuffy or overused. I think [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] is just the friendliest name, and it makes me think of someone who is very loyal and down-to-earth. [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is those things as well, but to a lesser extent. It just feels a bit more religious and romantic.

I like the name [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]. I have a friend with the name, but everyone calls him [name_m]Gabe[/name_m]. He hates that nickname. He’s corrected people several times, but [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] is what most people default to.

I used to dislike it, because there was a boy in my class called [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] who always got called [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] when register was taken. I also didn’t like how the first syllable is ‘gay’ (luckily I’ve matured a bit since then!)

Now though, I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]! I think he’s so incredibly handsome and strong, but still soft at the same time. [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] is a wonderful nickname too.

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]…

I kind of like it. It’s familiar but not overused, gentle but not overly soft. There’s something about it though that I’m not quite sure on. It’s just a tad clunky, a tad heavy and not smooth? I don’t know. It’s just not my favourite

It gives off a serious, studious vibe, but there’s also something slightly rough and tumble about

I think [name_u]Angel[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] maybe?

I like it, to me it has a fresh but classic vibe. My concerns would be people pronouncing it correctly (in Australia) and also I’m not overly keen on [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] as a nn.

I like [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], it reminds me of the archangel. It’s a positive association in my book, but as far as I remember, you are not religious so it probably won’t matter to you.

I think [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] fits your style but is slightly more traditional than your other favorites (and your children’s names). I like that it’s strong and solid, but still sweet at the same time.

Just testing a reply!

Test again